What are the best destinations to spend New Year's Eve 2022?
There are those who prefer to spend the vacations with family, those who love traditional card games with family and friends; there are even those who simply can't stand the New Year and those who look forward to it for a whole year, to let go and leave the old year behind and welcome the new one.
But where to go to celebrate the New Year? What are the most curious traditions, the most memorable celebrations on the occasion of the New Year?
Here are the 12 best destinations for New Year's Eve 2022 with the craziest celebrations in the world!
Travel tips after COVID19
If you are planning a trip, make sure to comply with safety measures. Follow government guidelines and only return for travel when the green light is given. Prefer natural and perhaps not massive destinations, and in general promote local tourism: discover the wonders of your city, your region and your state. Try to avoid long-distance travel and, in most cases, choose destinations that can be reached within a few hours' flight time.
12 - Bangkok, Thailand
True, in Thailand the New Year is celebrated in April, on the occasion of the Songkran Festival, the Water Festival, where people bathe each other as a sign of purification. But also for international celebrations, the capital Bangkok certainly does not miss anything. In full Times Square style, a gigantic luminous ball about 15 meters high brings good wishes to the crowd at the stroke of midnight.
More than 500 people gather near Central World, the huge shopping mall, several concerts mark the approach of the fateful hour, and Thai dance performances and lots of food and drink.
- rooms starting from 59,00 € per night -
- Flight + hotel: Roundtrip flight + 7 nights / 8 days - from 935,00 € per person - view offer
11 - Paris, France
Perhaps one of the most romantic New Year's Eve parties in the world is held on the Champs Elysées, which departs at 9:00 p.m. with bottles of Champagne and a view to touch even the hardest of hearts at the light-filled Eiffel Tower.
But it doesn't stop there! Sensational events and theatrical and musical performances are organized all over the city ... in short, Paris is undoubtedly among the TOP destinations for New Year's Eve.
For a super romantic formula, you can opt for a magical New Year's Eve dinner cruise, sailing on the Seine to admire the city lights from a unique perspective.
If, on the other hand, you want to liven up the party, the solution is a dinner show at the Mouline Rouge!
- rooms from 120,00 € per night - from 120,00 € per person - see offer
- Flight + hotel: Roundtrip flight + 4 nights / 5 days - from 730,00 € per person - see offer
10 - Rome, Italy
Of course, the city of Caput Mundi has an advantage, considering that it is already too cool on its own. New Year's Eve in Rome, in fact, has nothing to envy to other celebrations.
The fantastic concerts, which in recent years has seen musicians such as Malika Ayane, Niccolò Fabi, Nina Zilli, Daniele Silvestri, J-Ax and many others, the subway lines are open all night and there are many parties all over the city! And the setting is certainly one of the most exclusive in the world!
- rooms from 60,00 € per night -
- Flight + hotel: Roundtrip flight + 4 nights / 5 days - from 361,00 € per person -
9 - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
For many, the capital of transgression, home of Van Gogh, hosts one of the most characteristic and fun parties. Celebrating the old and the new on New Year's Eve, and in Remblandtplein, the center of nightlife, the largest LCD screen in Europe is the synthesis of the spectacle that awaits you.
Dam Square is usually the meeting place day and night frequented by locals and tourists; the square, on New Year's Eve, is full of life, thanks to the traditional free concert for the celebration of the end of the year.
A romantic solution is a night cruise along the canals, sipping a glass of champagne lulled by the city's canals.
If you are not afraid of the cold and want to experience a New Year out of the box, on the beach of Scheveningen (1 hour from Amsterdam) many Dutch people gather to celebrate with the famous dive at the end of the year. Around the pier the celebrations continue with singing, dancing and toasts.
- rooms from 103,00 € per night -
- Flight +hotel: Roundtrip flight + 4 nights / 5 days - from 300,00 € per person - see offer
8 - Madeira Islands, Portugal
Does it sound strange to find Madeira in the midst of world capitals like Paris, Rome and Bangkok? Well, the reason is quickly explained: right here, on the Portuguese volcanic island, the company Pirotecnia Macedo obtained the record for the largest fireworks display in the world, entering the Guinness Book of Records. You can bet that this year they will try to outdo themselves again! And if you want to have a privileged and unique view, you can book a catamaran tour to admire the fireworks directly from the sea!
- rooms from 35,00 € per night -
- Flight + hotel: Round trip flight + 4 nights / 5 days - from 730,00 € per person - see offer
7 - Madrid, Spain
The Puerta del Sol is the scene of Madrid's New Year, with the traditional custom of "Las Uvas": everyone carries 12 grapes, one for each of the 12 months that have passed, to swallow them at each chime of the clock of the Royal Palace Casa de Correos.
Then, lots of music, dancing and dancing until morning.
You can spend a truly alternative New Year's Eve on Madrid's funicular. The company that manages the cable car organizes the last ride of the year so you can admire the celebrations and fireworks taking place in the city from a privileged point of view.
- rooms from 80,00 € per night -
- Flight + hotel: Roundtrip flight + 4 nights / 5 days - from 490,00 € per person - see offer
6 - Berlin, Germany
One of the most awaited events by Germans and tourists alike, an incredible spectacle takes place near the Brandenburg Gate, with approximately 1 million people unleashed to the rhythm of the music pumped by a truly hair-raising system.
A New Year's Eve marked by lasers, fireworks and loud music for one of the coolest parties in the world!
At the atmospheric Gendarmenmarkt WeihnachtsZauber, a Christmas market that offers a more relaxed atmosphere. Here the New Year's Eve feast costs € 12.00 and you can find the best of local gastronomy but also specialties from all over the world.
For something even less chaotic, perhaps even suitable for children, the tip is there. New Year's Eve party at the Spandau Citadel, where there is a wonderful medieval fortress.
- rooms from 85,00 € per night -
- Flight + hotel: Roundtrip flight + 4 nights / 5 days - from 509,00 € per person - see offer
5 - Edinburgh, Scotland
Scotland's Hogmanay is considered by many to be the biggest New Year's Eve party in the world. It lasts 4 days, includes music, dancing, fireworks. On December 30 takes place the Torchlight Procession, an evocative torchlight procession along Princess Street accompanied by the music of the Piper bands (pipers), which takes place in Calton Hill.
Then, on New Year's Day, many rock concerts, before the traditional singing of "Auld Lang Syne", the Waltz of the candles, waiting for the stroke of midnight.
- rooms from 86,00 € per night -
- Flight + hotel: Roundtrip flight + 4 nights / 5 days - from 590,00 € per person - see offer
4 - Moscow, Russia
Moscow' s wonderful Red Square is one of the most unique places in the world. The colorful domes of St. Basil's Cathedral will shine brighter than ever as fireworks celebrate midnight, greeting the old year and opening the doors to the new. Certainly the cold is not a good ally, but ... lots of vodka, yes!
If you want to try a truly exclusive and unforgettable experience, book a New Year's Eve cruise with show: you will sail on the Moskva River taking part in an extraordinary show, and you can admire the fireworks from a unique perspective!
And then, there is one detail that should not be forgotten. Moscow follows the Julian calendar, this means that the winter vacations are postponed: Orthodox Christmas is celebrated on January 7, while New Year's Eve is celebrated on the night between January 13 and 14. This means that by taking your vacations strategically, you can celebrate twice!
- rooms from 80,00 € per night -
- Flight + hotel: Roundtrip flight + 4 nights / 5 days - from 637,00 € per person - see offer
3 - London, United Kingdom
The banks of the Thames are brighter than ever, and the Big Ben light show is one of the iconic New Year's images in the world.
London welcomes tourists and attendees, all with free public transportation, and shows to make them swoon: not only concerts and fireworks, but also hot air balloons in flight and marching bands.
How to spend New Year's Eve in London? You have many options: a scenic cruise on the Thames, a sensational party with a light show at the Shard skyscraper or even an open-air disco in Trafalgar Square.
London is quite expensive, especially when it comes to accommodation. You can then look for and choose accommodation away from the center that is close to a tube station.
- rooms from 120,00 € per night -
- Flight + hotel: Round trip flight + 4 nights / 5 days - from 550,00 € per person - see offer
2 - New York, USA
This was to be expected. As for shows, lights and celebrations, one of the largest and most beautiful metropolis in the world cannot be missed. Times Square will host more than 1 million people for the occasion, and the fireworks are among the most spectacular in the world.
The party's quirkiness? You can write your resolutions and wishes for the new year on the event's website and see it printed on the confetti that will explode from the giant ball at the stroke of midnight!
The party that takes place in Central Park is also very popular, where at midnight the fireworks display is staged for about 15 minutes. This event is certainly suitable for those looking for a much more relaxed atmosphere than Times Square.
- rooms from 150,00 € per night -
- Flight + hotel: Roundtrip flight + 7 nights / 8 days - from 1.800,00 € per person - see offer
1 - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Copacabana beach is that enough for you? No? Well, then listen to these other numbers: 11 barges with 1,200 fireworks each, 4 big screens and 40 audio towers. All starting at 6:00 in the evening.
There is also a lot of tradition in Rio's New Year: the locals, the cariocas, will bring white gladioli and red roses in homage to Lemanja, the goddess of the waters, and they will all dress in white.
If, on the other hand, you want to send a "transgressive" signal and make it clear right away that you are looking for a night of passion ... just use a little red detail. So ... ready to dress in red and white and set off for Rio?
- rooms from 30,00 € per night -
- Flight + hotel: Roundtrip flight + 7 nights / 8 days - from 1.233,00 € per person - see offer
Other low cost ideas and destinations to celebrate the new year
- Low cost ideas and offers: still not clear on what to do on New Year's Eve? Check out our exceptional offers.
- New Year's Eve in Italy: in the beautiful country there is no lack of solutions to spend an unforgettable New Year; here is where to celebrate in Italy.
- New Year's Eve in Europe: even in the old continent there are fantastic places, here are the best European cities for New Year's Eve.
- New Year at the spa: if you want a relaxing experience, New Year's Eve at the spa is a valid alternative to spend New Year's Eve. Here are the best destinations.
- The best New Year's concerts and events: if you prefer to wait for midnight to arrive while enjoying a legendary live concert, here are the special events you should not miss.
- New Year in the mountains: and why not welcome the new year amidst cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in the snow? Here are the best mountain destinations.
- New Year's in the heat: who says New Year's should be celebrated in a "conventional" place? It's better to take refuge in the heat, here's where to go for a beach vacation.
- The most beautiful cities for Christmas and New Year: some destinations are literally perfect to visit during the Christmas season ... here they all are!
- New Year with kids: if you're looking for the right destination to entertain the little ones, here are the best family-friendly destinations that include amusement parks and a festive atmosphere.
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking