You have family and you want to go in holiday in June with your children? Many locations are equipped and are well suited to accommodate parents with children, offering tailor-made services and activities for young and old. The choice is wide, so this guide wants to provide you with concrete help and ... happy holidays!
Post COVID19 travel advice
If you are planning a trip, make sure you are in line with safety measures. Follow government guidelines and only return to travel when the green light is given. Prefer natural and perhaps non-mass destinations, and in general promote local tourism: discover the wonders of your city, your region and your state. Try to avoid long-haul travel and at most choose destinations reachable with a few hours of flight.
1 - Rivera Romagnola, Emilia Romagna
The Riviera Romagnola is a stretch of coast on the Adriatic Sea that extends for several kilometers embracing important and renowned seaside resorts such as Ravenna, Cervia, Rimini, Riccione, Bellaria-Igea Marina, Cattolica and Milano Marittima with their respective hamlets.
This coastal area is always very popular with families as it the beaches have received several blue flags and green flags and are also well equipped with bathing establishments and lidos that follow one after the other, leaving some small pieces free.
Each structure is best equipped with umbrellas and deck chairs for hire, offering various services such as bars, restaurants, bathrooms and changing rooms, and often there is no shortage of pedal boats and entertainment for all ages.
Furthermore the whole area is full of amusement parks both water and thematic and specifically in the month of June, the little ones can enjoy an event entirely dedicated to them, the Children's Festival from 11 to 18 June with games and educational workshops.
- Recommended activities: visit to amusement parks such as the Acquafan and Delphinarium in Riccione, the Atlantica in Cesenatico, Fiabilandia and Italia in Miniatura in Rimini, the unmissable Mirabilandia in Ravenna
- Flights to Bologna (110 km from Rimini) starting from € 33,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 57,00 per room -
2 - Province of Syracuse, Sicily
The whole province of Syracuse boasts a fantastic, clear and crystalline sea, characterized by spectacular coves and inlets. Surely your children will greatly appreciate the calm, clear and warm waters of the entire area but will certainly be fascinated by all the interesting possible excursions and things to visit in the surrounding area.
Very popular trips are the one on the glass-bottomed boat from where the underwater life is easily visible, the Vendicari Reserve where you can meet storks, flamingos and herons and the Ortigia Aquarium which exhibits all the species and treasures of the Mediterranean. There is no shortage though educational museums such as that of the papyrus, that of puppets and that of Archimedes that in addition to simple exhibitions know how to involve visitors with fun workshops.
Finally, for the more adventurers and nature lovers, the Aretusa Park water park in Melilli and the Parcallario adventure park with houses and tree-lined paths in Buccheri.
- Recommended activities: visit to the city of Syracuse, the island of Ortigia and the aquarium, the Vendicari Reserve, the Parcallario and the Aretusa Park, the villages of Noto and Marzamemi, and the Papyrus Museum, the Museum of Archimedes and the Puppet Museum
- Flights to Catania (70 km) starting from € 33,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 50,00 per room -
3 - Ibiza, Spain
Who said that Ibiza is the ideal destination only for lovers of nightlife? Why actually the island offers a lot of fun and comfort for children too! First of all, your little ones can have fun and play in beautiful coves with crystal clear sea beaches and they will also be spoiled for choice among several theme parks which will lead them to discover the territory. To give some examples, we point out the Balloon Park which organizes hot air balloon flights up to 90 meters high before and after sunset, the Ibiza Horse Valley which is a rehabilitation center for equines that offers 4/5 hour excursions on horseback between the beaches and the mountains, and finally the Sirenis Acquagames water park with very high and low slides, decorated swimming pools for children and rain fountains.
Other interesting sites are the natural caves of Can Marçà and Cala Graciò, which can be admired on a wonderful boat cruise. the Cap Blanc Aquarium with its many marine species, shark eggs and sea sponges.
- Recommended activities: visit to Balloon Park, Ibiza Horse Valley and Sirenis Acquagames, the caves of Can Marcçà and Cala Graciò with the Cap Blanc Aquarium
- starting from € 26,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 65,00 per room -
4 - Paris and Disneyland
Disneyland Paris is a theme amusement park located just over half an hour from Paris and it is without a doubt the perfect place for a family holiday!
It is equipped with everything tourists need so that they can enjoy their holiday without having to think about anything. It consists of two parks: Disneyland Paris (area dedicated to children) and Walt Disney Studios (area where the most adrenaline-pumping rides are concentrated, therefore suitable more for teenagers and adults).
To reach it you can take advantage of the Disneyland Paris Express, a bus that offers the combined transport + entrance to the park service.
Of course, spending a whole week in Disnayland is too much, therefore dedicate two or three days to the park and visit the beautiful Paris for the rest of your stay, your children will be delighted by the Eiffel Tower and will have a blast with the educational activities of the Louvre Museum, the Museum of Magic and the Museum of Carousels.
- Recommended activities: visit to Disneyland Paris (children), visit to Walt Disney Studios (preteens and teenagers), visit to the Eiffel Tower, activities at the Louvre Museum, the Museum of Magic and the Museum of Carousels.
- starting from € 26,00 -
- Hotel and b & b in Disneyland from € 122,00 per room - Hotel and b & b in Paris from € 60,00 per room
5 - Genoa, Liguria
Genoa, the Ligurian capital, is a real paradise for children! It is famous for the renowned Aquarium, the largest in all of Italy and among the most important at European level. Inside there are 70 tanks and 400 different marine species, including sharks, dolphins, jellyfish and even penguins. We suggest you buy your priority ticket in advance to save time at the entrance.
Another good initiative is La Città dei Bambini e dei Ragazzi, an ideal science and technology center for ages 2 to 12 with educational exhibitions and educational workshops that will involve parents and children.
We also recommend an interesting exhibition that takes place from 22 to 24 June in the Natural History Museum called "Dragons", an exhibition of reptiles with particular attention to iguanas.
But finally let's not forget the beautiful beaches such as Boccadasse Beach, Sturla Beach, Capo Marina, Bagnara and Vernazzola Beach, located in the immediate vicinity of the city and well divided between free and equipped for tourists.
- Recommended activities: visit to the Aquarium of Genoa, the City of Children and Young People and the Natural History Museum
- starting from € 99,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 55,00 per room -
6 - Trento and Bolzano, Dolomites
Trips to the mountains are always a valid alternative to classic seaside holidays, especially for those who live there all year round by the sea and would like their children to enjoy a different atmosphere than usual, even escaping from the scorching heat. Choosing Trentino Alto-Adige and more precisely the capitals Trento and Bolzano not only means visiting two historic cities full of charm, but also being in an excellent starting point to move on several bathing lakes of the area, do daily trekking to the Dolomites, and visit natural parks such as the Adamello Brenta Geopark and the Spormaggiore Wildlife Park or theme parks e adventure parks like Sores Park with paths through the trees and the artistic Artesella.
But if you want to combine learning with nature then we highly recommend you visit the Museum of Natural Sciences of Trento, known as MUSE, and the South Tyrolean Archaeological Museum in Bolzano which houses the ancient Otzi mummy found in the Alps.
- Recommended activities: visit to both cities without missing the MUSE and the Archaeological Museum of South Tyrol. Trekking in the mountains, spend a few days at the lakes, visit the Adamello Brenta Geopark and the Spormaggiore Wildlife Park, and have fun at Sores Park and Artesella
- flights to Verona (90 km from Trento) starting from € 33,00 -
- Hotels and b & b in Trento from € 50,00 per room - - Hotels and b & b in Bolzano from € 78,00 per room -
7 - Elba Island, Tuscany
The Island of Elba is another of the many Italian paradises for children starting from the beaches, bathed by turquoise waters on white cliffs, largely free but super equipped with beaches that provide everything you need for adults and children, from umbrella rental to the possibility of practicing water sports.
The best beaches for families with children are Marina di Campo, Lacona, Spiaggia delle Ghiaie, Biodola, Scaglieri and the Fenicia of Marciana Marina, which was awarded the blue flag in 2018.
Furthermore on the Island of Elba there are several theme parks and playgrounds for children like the Rio Marina Mining Park with its open-cast mines accompanied by the themed museum, the aquarium with over 150 marine species, the Pirate Island in Campo nell'Elba formed by a six hundred meter go-kart track , the Arcobaleno Park characterized by inflatable games always in Campo nell'Elba and the Amadeus of Porto Azzurro with minigolf and trampolines.
- Recommended activities: visit to the aquarium and the Mining Park, the Pirate Island, the Amadeus Park and the Rainbow Park
- Flights to Pisa (170 km) starting from € 33,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 50,00 per room -
8 - Berlin, Germany
You would never know, but Berlin is another interesting destination to take the children. Between zoos, parks and museums dedicated to them they will always have fun and will never be bored.
Among the attractions for children we point out the Legoland Discovery Center, the Lego theme amusement park or the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum (ticket can be purchased online from € 20,00 per person)
Children and more curious rays will appreciate the Museum of Natural History, able to amaze right from the start with the 13 meters tall brachiosaurus skeleton exposed at the entrance. But if you want to literally immerse yourself in nature, here are some interesting ideas: the Sea Life Aquadom, the Berlin Zoo and the Großer Tiergarten (the largest and oldest public park in the city with services and games for children).
- Recommended activities: visit to the Legoland Discovery Center, the Natural History Museum, the Sea Life Aquadom, the Berlin Zoo and the Großer Tiergarten. Boat trip on the River Spree
- starting from € 36,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 57,00 per room -
9 - Bavaria and Nuremberg, Germany
Always staying in Germany but moving further south you will find another incredible place to take the children on vacation that will know how to capture their attention. Bavaria offers educational museums, theme parks and theme parks. Munich and Nuremberg are the cities to be preferred and to be used as a starting point for discovering this region.
Between the sights of Nuremberg we mention the Toy Museum, the Communication Museum and the Railway Museum, the zoological garden and the Playmobil Funpark amusement park.
As for Munich, on the other hand, the Deutsches Museum is interesting with its science and technology exhibition designed to attract the attention of the little ones, the Museum of Natural Sciences where you can admire the evolution of man and the planet, and the Legoland Feriendord to enter the magical world of Lego.
But that's not all, because outside these two cities the fun is not over yet thanks to various amusement parks such as the Freizeitpark in Ruhpolding, the Ravensburger Spieleland in Meckenbeuren and the Bayern Park in Reisbach!
- Recommended activities: visit to the Nuremberg museums (Toy, Communication and Railway), the zoological garden and the Playmobil Funpark. Visit to the museums of Munich (Deutsches and Natural Sciences) and to the parks Legoland Feriendord, Freizeitpark, Ravensburger Park and Bayern Park
- Flights to Munich from € 66,00 -
- Hotels and b & b in Munich from € 57,00 per room - Hotels and b & b in Nuremberg from € 55,00 per room
10 - Valencia, Spain
Valencia offers mixed holidays between beaches, attractions and parks.
A Valencia you cannot miss the Oceanographic Park, a wonderful aquarium among the largest in Europe. It is recommended to buy the priority ticket online to avoid queues at the entrance.
After the discovery of the underwater world you absolutely must take the children to the Bioparco, an interesting itinerary among the great African animals to get to know this wild environment too.
Speaking of parks, we also recommend the Gulliver Park which is equipped with merry-go-rounds and games, and the Albufera Natural Park which consists of a protected area with numerous birds where a boat ride through the lagoons is highly recommended.
But to finish, here is also the best beaches in Valencia! The most popular with families is Playa de la Malvarossa as it is more equipped for the little ones, but not to be missed are also Playa del Cabanyal, Platja de l'Arbre del Gos and Playa Recatí, all sandy, golden and with a beautiful sea.
- Recommended activities: visit the Oceanographic Park, the Bioparco, the Gulliver Park and the Albufera Natural Park where a boat trip is recommended. Relax on the Malvarossa, Cabanyal, Arbre del Gos and Recatí beaches
- starting from € 36,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 49,00 per room -
11 - Zakynthos, Greece
Zakynthos is one of the most beautiful islands in Greece. Beautiful beaches, family hotels, water parks, natural parks and ... Turtles! Zakynthos is precisely the island of turtles, where in summer with a little luck you can witness the birth and the first race to the sea. The phenomenon is more present in Dafni Beach, in the south of the island or near the Keri Caves, which can be visited via a wonderful boat ride.
Other suggested beaches are Navagio Beach, known for being the most photographed in Zakynthos, Banana Beach, Tzilivi and Alikanas. Some of these are more touristy, others are quieter but all have bars, restaurants and games for children nearby, but above all they are long and sandy with turquoise waters.
As for the water parks instead, we recommend the Tsilivi Water Park and the Water Village, both with slides and pools also suitable for small children. Last but not least, we propose you a path in the National Marine Park where your children can discover the fauna of the island, even better if related by boat excursion.
- Recommended activities: visit Dafni Beach to see turtles, and Navagio Beach, Banana Beach, Tzilivi and Alikanas. Take a trip to the National Marine Park and have fun in Tsilivi Water Park and Water Village
- starting from € 88,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 58,00 per room -
12 - Malta
Even Malta in terms of heavenly places and activities for children is no joke! Malta is in fact a small island to visit far and wide even in a week of vacation that offers many possibilities to visitors, starting from the beach, up to scuba diving and boat excursions.
The beaches not to be missed are Ramla Bay and Balluta Bay, on which to relax and then leave again at a time of natural attractions such as the Inland Sea, the Blue Hole and the Blue Lagoon, which will amaze you especially if you choose to participate in the proposed activities such as snorkeling, diving and boat rides.
And after a good feast of nature, we're sure your children will want to have fun in one of the many parks present on the whole island. The choice is really wide and in fact you can opt for the Bugibba Water Park, for the Splash & Fun, or for the Mediterranean Marine Park theme park with dolphins and shows, but also for the Funland rides, for the Playmobil Funpark theme and finally for the beloved Popeye Village.
- Recommended activities: visit the Blue Lagoon, the Blue Hole and the Inland Sea with excursions and relaxation on Ramla Bay and Balluta Bay. Fun at Bugibba Water Park, Splash & Fun, Mediterraneo Marine Park, Funland, Playmobil Park and Popeye Village
- starting from € 30,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 54,00 per room -
13 - Bibione, Veneto
Bibione, if we talk about services for families, is the best beach in Italy in fact in 2009 it was ranked second for the number of guests. To confirm this are his 26 consecutive blue flags and the green flags received from 2016 which guarantee a beach suitable for children which uses modern and functional equipment with attention to the environment and safety.
All well-deserved titles are those of Bibione which has worked hard since 1956 to be a perfect tourist resort, which it has certainly managed to become. Its beach is in fact today a succession of lidos, bathing establishments and family friendly hotels that provide umbrellas, toilets, changing rooms, sports services, entertainment and catering so that you do not have to worry about anything during your holidays. Moreover, in the immediate surroundings, there is no shortage of amusement parks among which we remember the Acquasplash water park, the Gommosi park made of inflatables, the Unicef Adventure Park with paths and games in the trees and the Punta Verde Zoo Park to admire and play with the animals
- Recommended activities: relax on the beach and visit the Acquasplash, Gommosi, Unicef Adventure Park and Punta Verde Zoo Park. If you have more time, visit nearby Venice as well
- Flights to Venice (106 km) starting from € 91,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 70,00 per room -
14 - Bled, Slovenia
Bled is the right destination for a holiday surrounded by greenery in contact with nature, as is the whole of Slovenia. This modest-sized destination is well known for its lake which houses a small island with a church in the center. Needless to say the boat trip on Lake Bled is the most popular activity, almost a must for anyone visiting the town. But what else can you do in Bled besides the lake? If you think the interesting part is all there you are wrong.
In fact, they open up around the lake several paths that allow you to practice whole days of trekking with various difficulty levels, while in the immediate vicinity are located the Vodopád Šum waterfalls and the Babji Zob natural caves composed of stalactites and stalagmites whose shapes will amaze your children a lot. And if the little ones aren't tired after all these activities, they will for sure find it interesting and fun too the park among the trees, Pustolovski Park, and the dinosaur-themed Dino Park Bled.
- Recommended activities: boat trip on Lake Bled, trekking around the lake, visit to Vodopád Šum waterfalls, Babji Zob natural caves and Pustolovski Park and Dino Park
- starting from € 187,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 42,00 per room -
15 - London, UK
London is the absolute kingdom of children, a city that seems to have been created especially for them but which also entertains adults. June is the month of Queen Elizabeth's birthday, on the occasion of which the Official Queen's Birthday Parade is organized, a traditional parade with great charm.
There is no shortage of attractions and activities for children. We recommend that you visit i Warner Bros Studios, perhaps taking advantage of one of the many Harry Potter tours. Visit the Madame Tussauds wax museum and while you're there, treat yourself to a panoramic tour in one of the traditional double-decker buses taking advantage of the combined tour. Adventurers can have fun with the flight simulations in the Science Museum and with a ride on the London Eye. At this point the parents will be exhausted, but London also has a solution to relax: lots of parks! The biggest one? Hyde Park!
And before you say goodbye to the city, don't forget to go shopping! Drop by Hamleys, the largest and most stocked toy store in the world, and M & M's World, a store dedicated to the well-known brand of chocolates.
- Recommended activities: visit Warner Bros Studios, Madame Tussauds, Hamleys, M & M's World, Science Museum and Hyde Park. Don't miss the London Eye sightseeing tour
- starting from € 36,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 53,00 per room -
16 - Loch Ness and Scotland
Another beautiful natural destination is Scotland, but especially Loch Ness with its famous loch around which the mythological character of the Loch Ness monster was created. An excursion on the lake to discover popular beliefs can be very interesting and curious for your children, but also relaxing for you parents if you opt for a mini cruise of a few hours.
There is also a park in Scotland that is not found in many other places, the Phoenix Falconry Services of Auchterarder entirely dedicated to birds of prey, in which you can discover and observe them from very close and children will surely be amazed and fascinated.
Still on the subject of wildlife, another interesting place is in Kingussie and is the Highland Wildlife Park, a reserve that protects Scotland's endangered wildlife.
To play and have fun instead there is the great Duthie Park of Aberdeen with a large lawn full of playgrounds and indoor and outdoor gardens, and the Landmark Forest Adventure Park of Carrbridge with adventure rides for young and old.
- Recommended activities: Loch Ness cruise excursion. Visit to Phoenix Falconry Services, Highland Wildlife Park, Duthie Park and Landmark Forest Adventure Park
- starting from € 46,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 60,00 per room -
17 - Cruise in the Mediterranean
A cruise is always a good solution for parents and children given the many dedicated services that you will find on board, from swimming pools for adults and children, to the rich and varied catering that has something for all tastes, to the entertainment staff present throughout the day with mini club, baby dance, karaoke and various kinds of shows. If you add to all this one of the magnificent itineraries in the Mediterranean, then everything becomes perfect!
It is no mystery that the Mediterranean Sea offers beautiful beaches, cities to discover and attractions for all ages such as Corfu, Mikonos, Santorini, Palermo, Genoa, Marseille, Palma de Mallorca and Malta which are just some of the possible stops at your disposal. Whether you opt for the itinerary between the Greek islands or the tour between Italy, France and Spain, you will certainly not be disappointed, let alone your children!
- Custom quote: to request a personalized quote
Most Interesting Articles
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see