Even the most beautiful of tropical beaches it loses its postcard charm if it rains all the time by watering down our colorful cocktail. The weather is now unpredictable, but some seasonal phenomena are not. Therefore where to go in August? Here are 15 foreign destinations to make your choice easier.
Post COVID19 travel advice
If you are planning a trip, make sure you are in line with safety measures. Follow government guidelines and only return to travel when the green light is given. Prefer natural and perhaps non-mass destinations, and in general promote local tourism: discover the wonders of your city, your region and your state. Try to avoid long-haul travel and at most choose destinations reachable with a few hours of flight.
1 - Zanzibar, Tanzania
The beaches of zanzibar offer a calm morning sea and slightly rough waters in the afternoon. The beach of Kizimkazi allows you to swim among dolphins and will captivate your heart with unforgettable sunsets. The white beaches bordered by the barrier Reef they are a corner of unspoiled nature, with a great variety of birds and a rare colony of giant tortoises.
2 hours of time zone and about 8 hours of flight separate it from Italy. It is located along the coasts of Tanzania, and in addition to the beaches it offers unmissable ideas for extraordinary excursions: Prison Island, with its coral reef and giant turtles, Stone Town, the capital, with the Darajani markets and the disappearing Nakupenda beach with the tides.
The cost of living is very low, but what concerns tourists (accommodation and excursions) are experiencing a surge.
Plan your trip to Zanzibar: flights, hotels and tours
- Temperature: 20/29 ° C. Water 25 ° C
- starting from € 381,00 -
- hotel and b & b starting from € 37,00 per room -
- Return flight + 6 nights / 7 days from € 1.026,46 per person -
- spice tour from Stone Town private tour to Stone Town and Prison Island
2 - Santorini, Greece
Santorini in August it experiences its peak season, and this will allow you to enjoy the nightlife and the warm and sunny climate. Ideal for all types of tourists: from couples looking for romantic places, to young people looking for fun, Santorini offers the opportunity to wander around the mini-archipelago and enjoy fantastic views characterized by typical blue and white houses in addition to the enchanting beaches, such as the famous Kamari Beach and Red Beach, where you can swim and sunbathe while sipping a drink.
It is a volcanic archipelago of extraordinary beauty: in its "caldera" formed over 10.000 years ago you can go on boat excursions, but those who love the cultural aspect can also find archaeological areas such as Akrotiri, an entire civilization buried by heaps of ash and volcanic lapilli.
Plan your trip to Santorini: flights, hotels and tours
- Temperature: never hot around 22-27 ° C. Water 24 ° C
- starting from € 78,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 76,00 per room -
- Return flight + 6 nights / 7 days from € 1.220,00 per person -
- Catamaran cruise Private tour of the island
3 - Norwegian fjords and sea, Norway
Norway, a destination for nature and trekking lovers, offers the possibility of a dream vacation among unique panoramas of their kind with breathtaking views and perspectives. The town of Kristiansand, for example, has a tourist coastline full of activities, but towards the outskirts you will find isolated beaches, very quiet and surrounded by rocks.
The ideal is to navigate the fjords on a cruise: Flåm (inland arm of the Sognefjord, the second longest and deepest fjord in the world) is surrounded by steep mountains, waterfalls and narrow valleys. The Nærøyfjord is the narrowest fjord on the planet.
For an active holiday instead, try climbing the Rallarvegen, one of the most famous cycling routes in Norway.
If you are looking for strong emotions do not miss the Kjeragbolten, a boulder wedged in a crevasse, or Trolltunga, the tongue of the Troll, a protruding flat rock suspended 700 meters above the Ringedalsvatnet lake.
Plan your trip to Norway: flights, hotels and tours
- Temperature: 10/18 ° C
- starting from € 209,00 -
- hotel and b & b starting from € 109,00 per room -
- Return flight + 6 nights / 7 days from € 2.4782,00 per person -
- excursion to Trolltunga at sunset with overnight stay
4 - Majorca, Spain
Maiorca it is the largest of the Balearic Islands, in the south-east of Spain: August is its season, during the day the sunny weather allows you to fully enjoy the splendid sea and in the evening you will not need jackets or anything else.
Among the best beaches in Mallorca we mention Es Trenc (Campos) and Cala Mondragó (Santanyí).
In addition, catamarans and excursions depart from Mallorca to visit the nearby islands.
It is the ideal place for fun: the island is in fact known for the huge amount of clubs, for cheap restaurants, as well as for the possibility of practicing water sports and beach life.
Very close to Italy, it can be reached in a couple of hours by flight and also the accommodation costs are not prohibitive, especially if you are satisfied with small hotels, b & bs or hostels.
Plan your trip to Mallorca: flights, hotels and tours
- Temperature: min 18 ° C / max 31 ° C
- starting from € 30,00 -
- hotel and b & b starting from € 48,00 per night -
- Return flight + 6 nights / 7 days from € 396,00 per person -
- Palma Old Town tour + tapas in the evening sea and dolphin tour at sunrise 3 hour boat tour of the caves and coast
5 - Malta, Europe
Not particularly far from our beautiful country, the extraordinary Malta offers a particularly perfect climate in the central month of summer, dreamlike views and even three sites deservedly declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site: Valletta, Hal Saflieni Hypogeum and megalithic temples.
Another point in favor of the splendid island is the language: the inhabitants, in addition to English and Maltese, they also speak Italian perfectly. You will suffer from the heat perhaps to go hiking, but for the sea the climate could not be better.
Visiting Malta means having the opportunity to move between the islands of its archipelago: Malta itself, with the capital Valletta, then Gozo and Comino. They are all connected to each other by small ferries and maritime transport, as well as boats for excursions between caves and lagoons full of charm. For young people then there are mini-cruises where you can dance and party all day!
Plan your trip to Malta: flights, hotels and tours
- Temperature: min 22 ° / max 31 °
- starting from € 33,00 -
- hotel and b & b from € 62,00 per night -
- Return flight + 6 nights / 7 days from € 500,00 per person -
- Boat party day tour to the island of Gozo cruise and tour to Gozo and the Blue Lagoon walking tour in the medieval sites of Valletta
6 - Lisbon, Portugal
A beautiful seaside town, very characteristic and able to offer excellent food. If you want to go abroad despite a tight schedule and budget, Lisbon is perfect. Characteristic streets with a nostalgic vintage touch, a walk by the sea, a drink in the Princip Real district, a dinner based on local specialties and voilà.
The Portuguese capital has a charm all of its own, made up of its most typical neighborhoods: Baixa, on the banks of the Tagus River, Chiado, the Pessoa district with bookshops and cafes, Bairro Alto, the youth district, and Alfama , the neighborhood where Fado music crosses the streets with its melancholy and sensuality. But it is also the city of the historic Tram28, of the elevators and of the Oceanarium, the largest aquarium in Europe.
Lisbon is the ultimate in combining a cultural holiday with fun and beach life, with wonderful excursions a short distance away in reserves, seaside places ideal for surfing and villages to be discovered.
Plan your trip to Lisbon: flights, hotels and tours
- Temperature: 19/28 ° C. Water 20 ° C
- starting from € 50,00 -
- hotel and b & b starting from € 48,00 per room -
- Return flight + 6 nights / 7 days from € 436,00 per person -
- Lisbon Chiado Oceanarium entrance ticket and 3-hour Bairro Alto Walking Tour
7 - Kos, Greece
Beautiful beaches, clear sea, lots of sun and parties they will welcome you to this islet of the Dodecanese washed by the Aegean.
The landscape of Kos (also called Kos) is characterized by sheer rocky mountains beaches with very clear sand. However, be prepared for the presence of numerous tourists, even if the calm of the light waves on the sand can still relax you.
Among the islands of the Dodecanese it is the most "worldly", with many clubs and discos in the capital along the streets of Diakon and Nafklirou. If you are looking for stronger music, such as house and techno, then move to Kardamena, while for beach parties, the wonderful Paradise beach is a must.
Its location within walking distance of Turkey makes it ideal as a stop for a larger tour which includes Bodrum (22 km) and the neighboring islets of Pserimos (22 km), Kalimnos (36 km) and Nisiros (50 km).
Plan your trip to Kos: flights, hotels and tours
- Temperature: 21/29 ° C. Water 24 ° C
- starting from € 74,00 -
- hotel and b & b starting from € 51,00 per room -
- Return flight + 6 nights / 7 days from € 505,00 per person -
- Half day guided tour of the island of Kos
8 - Redang Island, Malaysia
Redang Island, east side of the Malay coast, is part of a archipelago declared a protected marine park. It offers an amazing sea, a very white beach and an impressive quantity of fish. It is the kingdom of snorkelers, even if the fish are so many and the water so transparent that you don't even need a mask. Remember to bring a torch. You will need it to move on the beach at night and reach the restaurants of the nearby hotels.
To reach it, it takes just one hour of navigation from the coast of Malaysia (from Kuala Terengganu, ports of Merang or Shahbandar) and a fee of about € 1,00 to enter the marine park to which it belongs.
Don't expect great nightlife other than beach bars and restaurants, but if you are looking for paradise and relaxation, there is nothing better in the world.
Plan your trip to Redang: flights, hotels and tours
- Temperature: 24/32 ° C - water 29 ° C
- starting from € 602,00 (for Kuala Terengganu Airport, 1 hour and 40 minutes by ferry from Redang) -
- hotel and b & b starting from € 55,00 per room -
- Return flight + 6 nights / 7 days from € 4.739,00 per person -
9 - Aruba, Caribbean
Guaranteed sunshine all year round, turquoise and transparent seabeds and tropical rhythms: a dream trip to the Caribbean Sea. In Aruba you will find lovely beaches to relax and others to practice water sports.
Plan a visit to Arikok National Park, a nature reserve with cacti and watapana with a curved stem due to the effect of the trade winds. If you are a cigar lover, go to theInternational Cigars.
4 hours of time zone and about 15 hours of flight separate it from Italy, but they are hours that are absolutely worth it! A constant temperature all year round of about 28 degrees, which can be visited all year round without obstacles and risks of hurricanes ... a true paradise.
"Symbol", so to speak, of the island, are the pink flamingos, mainly concentrated on Renaissance Island in Flamingo Beach, a private but accessible island. Also not to be missed is Eagle Beach and Palm Beach, the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean with the characteristic Foti Foti trees jutting out into the sea.
Do we really want to find a negative aspect? Let's say that it is not a cheap destination, but thanks to the connections there is not even to pass out. Accommodations range from around € 120,00 per day, but you won't want for anything ...
Plan your trip to Aruba: flights, hotels and tours
- Temperature: 26/31 ° C. Water 28 ° C
- starting from € 500,00 -
- hotel and b & b starting from € 120,00 per room -
- Return flight + 6 nights / 7 days from € 1.287,00 per person -
- Aruba Sunset Cruise From Oranjestad: 1 Day Island Jeep Safari Private Tour of Aruba Arikok National Park and Beach Horse Riding
10 - Croatia
The variety of the coasts satisfies any request. We suggest 4. The pebble beach of Kamenjak peak it is ideal for relaxing thanks to its hidden location surrounded by unspoiled and protected nature. Its promontory offers trekking and mountain bike trails.
Punta Rata: it has smooth pebbles with a lush pine forest and a spectacular rock with a tree in the center in front of the beach. Only!
Lubenice, easy to reach and without equipment, it offers a very special naturalistic glimpse.
The uninhabited islet of Saplun is famous for its white sand beaches: a small paradise not to be missed!
Plan your trip to Croatia: flights, hotels and tours
- Temperature: 22/29 ° C. Water 25 ° C
- starting from € 163,00 -
- hotel and b & b starting from € 65,00 per room -
- Return flight + 6 nights / 7 days from € 781,00 per person
11 - Bali, Indonesia
Bali is one of the most beautiful islands in the world, located in the Sunda Islands archipelago, in a stretch of sea that separates Asia from Oceania. A destination capable of combining a purely seaside type of holiday but also those looking for adventure, culture and unbridled fun.
6 hours of time zone and about 20 hours of flight will take you to a true paradise: the Monkey Forest, the Temples of Uluwatu and Tanah Lot, overlooking the sea on panoramic cliffs, the rice fields, huge terraces that seem straight out of a painting.
Not to mention the beaches, long stretches of golden sand close to palm trees for a true postcard from a tropical paradise.
What about the prices? The bulk does the flight, for the rest Bali is a super cheap destination both for accommodation (about € 15,00 per night) and for food, transport and living costs in general.
Plan your trip to Bali: flights, hotels and tours
- Temperature: 22/29 ° C
- starting from € 450,00 -
- hotel and b & b starting from € 15,00 per room -
- Return flight + 6 nights / 7 days from € 1.100,00 per person -
- Bali: Instagram tour of the most beautiful places on the Ubud island: monkey forest, rice terraces, Tanah Lot
12 - Safari in South Africa
Nelson Mandela's country is one of the most iconic destinations on the continent: a country marked by a strong social and economic redemption but which maintains the typical physiognomy of the continent.
1 hour of time zone and approximately 10 hours of flight separate you from Johannesburg. The country is so vast that it has different microclimates within it, but if your goal is to go on a safari in its national parks, August may be the right month.
This period is indeed ideal for visiting the Kruger National Park, in the north-eastern part on the border with Mozambique. It is the most famous and the largest, where all the Big Five reside (elephant, lion, leopard, rhino, buffalo). Great time also for the Isimangaliso Wetland Park on the north east coast and the Pilanesberg National Park inland near Pretoria and Johannesburg
Watch out for clothing, with neutral and light colors for safaris, and never forget insect repellent! For the rest, if you are an adventure lover you can live a truly unique experience.
Plan your trip to South Africa: flights, hotels and tours
- Temperature: in Kruger National Park between 17 and 27 ° C
- flights to Johannesburg from € 208,00 -
- hotel and b & b starting from € 80,00 per room -
- Return flight + 6 nights / 7 days from € 1.050,00 per person -
- Kruger National Park Full-Day Safari from Johannesburg
13 - Malaga and Costa del Sol, Spain
We are in Andalusia, the region of the sun in Spain, with the famous Costa del Sol which includes a succession of beaches and cult locations for summer nightlife: Torremolinos, Benalmadena, Fuengirola, Marbella, Estepona. Stopping in Malaga, the regional capital, by bus or train you can easily reach these stops to enjoy the sun, the sea and the nightlife, including discos, clubs and beach parties.
Malaga itself offers very interesting ideas for a summer holiday: we are talking about the city that gave birth to Pablo Picasso and one of the most beautiful destinations in Spain, able to combine maximum fun with a historic center full of monuments and attractions.
Plan your trip to Malaga: flights, hotels and tours
- Temperature: 21/31 ° C
- starting from € 25,00 -
- hotel and b & b starting from € 40,00 per room -
- Return flight + 6 nights / 7 days from € 550,00 per person -
- Caminito del Rey: Guided Tour with Costa del Sol Drink: Amazing Jet Boat Ride
14 - Nice, Cannes and Saint Tropez, French Riviera (France)
A few steps from Italy, precisely from Liguria, we find a coastal area known for its glamor and the habit of hosting casinos and prominent personalities of the jet set: we are talking about the French Riviera, with the coastal cities of Nice, Cannes and Saint Tropez. Not only a "luxury" tourism, however, but also an ideal place for cultural tourism and top destinations for families.
We start from Nice, the regional capital, which in addition to the beautiful Promenade des Anglais, the seafront, also hosts splendid museums and art galleries, where you can admire works by artists such as Chagalle and Matisse.
Cannes is instead the city of the film festival but also of the prison of the Iron Mask, as well as of its Croisette (the seafront), of the small fishing port and the Castle at the top.
Finally Saint Tropez, the real glam, made of yachts, luxury cars, expensive restaurants and trendy clubs. But stripped of its most glamorous patina, it is a delightful fishing village to be enjoyed on foot or by bicycle.
Plan your trip to the French Riviera: flights, hotels and tours
- Temperature: 21/27 ° C
- starting from € 76,00 -
- hotel and b & b starting from € 100,00 per room -
- Return flight + 6 nights / 7 days from € 496,00 per person -
- French Riviera: day trip from Nice French Riviera: tour to Cannes, Antibes and Saint-Paul de Vence Cannes: half-day catamaran cruise
15 - Seychelles, Indian Ocean
The Seychelles are an archipelago of 115 islands off the African coast, in the Indian Ocean. A real jewel, the perfect materialization of what in the collective imagination is a paradise on earth. Coral reefs, nature reserves, native fauna and rare species ... a true Eden.
2 hours of time zone and approximately 9 hours of flight will take you to the Seychelles: the period is ideal as it falls within the dry and "cool" season (between 21 and 27 ° C), while in the four-month period from December to March there are heat, rains and the possibility of cyclones.
Of the 115 islands that make up the archipelago, 3 are the main ones: Mahé, with the capital Victoria, the most fashionable; Praslin, about 40 km from Mahé, with its beaches (Anse) and the Coco de Mer, the heart-shaped coconut that can weigh up to 25 kg; La Digue, a true paradise with monoliths framing a clear sea, natural pools and wonderful nature.
Prices? In August and in high season it is difficult to stay under € 2.500,00 per person for a week!
Plan your trip to the Seychelles: flights, hotels and tours
- Temperature: 21/27 ° C
- starting from € 480,00 -
- hotel and b & b starting from € 60,00 per room -
- Return flight + 6 nights / 7 days from € 1.500,00 per person -
- tour of 5 beaches Snorkeling to the Curieuse islands, St. Pierre and Anse La Farine
Other tips and destinations where to go on holiday in August
- Destinations to visit in Italy: even if "the neighbor's grass is always greener", don't underestimate Italy: incredible sea, enchanting beaches and unbeatable cuisine. Here's where to go in August in Italy!
- Destinations to visit as a couple: ready to break into the heart of your loved one? Then choose a perfect destination for couples. Here are unique shows and breathtaking views in the best destinations in Aogsto for couples!
- Low cost destinations for Ferragosto: taking the trip of your dreams is not always possible, but you can always choose something simpler and just as satisfying. Here's where to go in August and spend little!
Where not to go: the destinations not recommended in August
Most Interesting Articles
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see