Easter is getting closer and closer and the need for a break grows exponentially with each passing day, fueling the nostalgic desire for a holiday. But why not take advantage of the Easter bridge? True, not everyone is lucky enough to be away from work for a long time, however nothing prevents you from organizing a relaxing weekend in the "Bel Paese" without having to travel too much. With the arrival of Spring, the days get longer and time improves considerably, making the range of choices available to us particularly wide.
In short, from north to south the interesting destinations there are many and ideas for a short but intense holiday are certainly not lacking. Here are some ideal destinations to go to for Easter in Italy!
- Easter destinations in Northern Italy
- Easter destinations in Central Italy
- Easter destinations in the South and the Islands
- User questions and comments
Easter destinations in Northern Italy
Let's start with northern regions. There are too many wonderful cities to see: Trento, Padua, Venice, Trieste, but also Genoa, Turin, Milan and Bologna. You just have to choose according to your preferences.
1 - Venice
For an Easter weekend, Venice is the ideal romantic / cultural destination, which reserves unrepeatable emotions for each visit. Venice is the city of dreams and unique in the world, with its canals and characteristic gondolas, where every corner seems a real work of art. World Heritage Site according to Unesco, Venice is always overrun by tourists who, once visited, fall in love with it forever.
- What to do at Easter in Venice and surroundings: mini-cruise between Murano, Burano and Torcello with lunch on board - visit to the Venetian villas, Villa Pisani and Villa Foscari - Picnic and outdoor activities in Torcello - aperitif in one of the famous Venetian Bacari - visit to Murano of the "Murano Glass exhibition Easter "
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 80,00 per room -
- Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica: 2-hour tour Doge's Palace: skip-the-line ticket
2 - Genoa
Genoa, thanks to its mild climate, is the ideal destination to spend the Easter holidays. By visiting Genoa you can savor spring in its immense splendor, strolling through the historic center, exploring and discovering the rich cultural heritage of the city. As often happens, too in Genoa, Easter recalls ancient traditions and religious rites, which are handed down and repeated over the centuries. Not to be missed are the characteristic processions and visits to the tombs in the many churches of the city, a significant opportunity for religion and art to meet.
- What to do at Easter in Genoa and surroundings: visit to the AcquarioVillage with all its attractions (the tropical garden, the Bigo Panoramic Lift) - visit the Galata Museum of the sea with its submarine - visit the National Museum of Antarctica and the Biosphere - Tour of the Rolli Palace - Enjoy a ice cream during a relaxing stroll in the enchanting marinated village of Boccadasse
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 79,00 per room -
- Genoa: 2-hour guided tour of the historic center Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Genoa Aquarium
3 - Trento
Long considered the capital of the AlpsThanks to its medieval and Renaissance heritage, Trento is a true mix of styles, which can be seen at every corner but also on the facades of the buildings. It presents it with unique views offered by the surrounding nature, monuments of interest such as the cathedral, the cathedral of San Virgilio with the fountain of Neptune and the various unmissable mountain activities, make it an excellent destination to spend Easter and Easter Monday.
- What to do at Easter in Trento and surroundings: enjoy a relaxing weekend at the Dòlaondes Aquatic Center in Canazei - a day of fun among water slides at the Aquapark Vidor - participate in the historic Arcense musical Easter event in Arco - Visit the unmissable Chocomusic event, music for the palate in Riva del Garda - Visit of the numerous Easter markets - Picnica in the open air on Lake Tenno - Boat trip on Lake Garda
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 62,00 per room -
- Trento: 2-hour guided walking tour
4 - Turin
It has become one of the favorite destinations for Italians for the weekend but also for the Easter period. Turin has an excellent offer of museums and monuments, including the famous Egyptian Museum and the Mole Antonelliana with the annexed National Cinema Museum. The city offers a perfect mix of culture and entertainment, also thanks to its proximity to the Olympic mountains.
- What to do at Easter in Turin and surroundings: visit of the museums of Turin such as the Egyptian Museum, the Museum of Cinema, the automobile museum - visit of the royal residences such as Palazzo Madama, Palazzo Carignano, Reggia di Venaria - Picnic and spring activities at the Racconigi Castle park - Visit of the Bioparco Zoom - enjoy a weekend on the snow in Bardonecchia
- Hotels and b & b starting from € 79,00 -
- Turin: history and architecture private walking tour Turin: Egyptian Museum ticket and guided tour
5 - Mantua
Entry deservedly to be part of Unesco heritage since 2009, Mantua holds precious treasures linked to one of the most influential and important families of the Renaissance, the Gonzagas. The heritage includes the famous and wonderful Palazzo Ducale, with the famous Camera degli Sposi frescoed by Andrea Mantegna, Palazzo Te, the Duomo, Piazza delle Erbe with the arcades and the Clock Tower.
- What to do at Easter in Mantua and surroundings: Visit of the Castle of San Giorgio and Palazzo Te - Visit of contemporary artistic works at the Casa del Mantegna - Discovery of nature at the Mincio Park - Boat excursion on the Mincio - Visit of the contemporary works of art at the Parco dell'Arte
- Hotels and b & b starting from € 72,00 -
- Mantua: Guided Tour of the City Center and the Ducal Palace Mantua: San Giorgio Castle & Private Palace Ducal Tour
Easter destinations in Central Italy
In the center, at this time of the year, the favorite destinations are two: Tuscany and of course Lazio. In Tuscany there are amazing towns such as Pisa, Siena, Livorno and Florence, you can also visit fantastic medieval villages such as San Gimignano, Montalcino, Cortona and many others. Scattered among the Tuscan lands are found the Medici Villas, artistic and cultural pearls built at the behest of the most important patron families in Italian history. Lazio, and precisely the capital Rome, represent for obvious reasons one of the most appreciated and practiced solutions.
1 - Pisa
Although this ancient Maritime Republic is famous in the world above all for its Leaning Tower, also offers a myriad of other wonders, starting with the area that develops along the banks of the Arno, which has inspired writers such as Byron and Foscolo. Obviously a visit to the splendid Piazza dei Miracoli is a must!
- What to do at Easter in Pisa and surroundings: stroll through the streets of the historic center (Corso Italia, Piazza Cavalieri, Piazza dei Miracoli) - visit the museums and historical cultural attractions such as Palazzo blu - Take part in a guided tour of the San Rossore Park on foot or by boat - indulge yourself a day in Montecatini Terme
- Hotels and b & b starting from € 85,00 -
- Tour of Pisa and the Leaning Tower from Florence Entrance with reserved time to the Tower of Pisa and the Duomo
2 - Siena
If you have decided to visit Siena for some time, what better time than Easter? The climate is sunny but not too hot, the days have already lengthened and allow for a long exploration. In Siena you can walk, attend exhibitions, shopping and taste wine and typical products.
- What to do at Easter in Siena and surroundings: Visit of the unmissable Bronze Age remains of the National Archaeological Museum - tasting of Tuscan wines and cheeses at the Wine Museum of Greve in Chianti - Tour aboard an ancient steam train organized by Treno Natura - Visit to the Easter markets where you can find everything (food, toys and handicrafts)
- Hotels and b & b starting from € 65,00 -
- 2-hour guided walking tour ticket for Siena
3 - Perugia
Consecrated city of chocolate thanks to the Eurochocolate event, Perugia attracts visitors thanks to its history, starting with Piazza IV novembre, one of the most beautiful Italian squares. Here is the majestic Palazzo dei Priori, a building of medieval origin which houses the National Gallery of Umbria.
- What to do at Easter in Perugia and surroundings: Visit of the Great Easter Fair where you can taste and admire many local products - Spring activities and open-air picnics at the Green Path - An unmissable destination for those who bring a 4-legged animal is La Spiaggia di Pippo sul Trasimeno, a place to relax and do spring activities with your cute friend
- Hotels and b & b starting from € 71,00 -
- Perugia 2 hours walking tour for small groups
4 - Rome
For the faithful Christians, the Pope's blessing in St. Peter's Square it is an absolutely unmissable event. For Easter Monday instead, the Caffarella Park is one of the favorite places of the Roman population, one of the most beautiful places in which to enjoy pleasant excursions by bike or on foot.
- What to do at Easter in Rome and surroundings: Attend the Easter mass in San Pietro - Romantic rowing boat trip to the Temple of Aesculapius - visit of the Bio Park - Visit of the Garden of Ninfa - Tour of Roman villas such as Villa Borghese, Villa Ada, Villa Torlonia or Villa Pamphili
- Hotels and b & b starting from € 64,00 -
- Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel Priority entrance to the Colosseum
5 - Orvieto
The time of Easter is ideal for experience Orvieto in an intense way, discovering its rich history but also its hospitality, aromas and flavors. In museums it is possible to discover and know the important archaeological, historical and artistic heritage of the city. The Duomo is one of the most beautiful religious buildings in the world, thanks to the magnificent colors of Signorelli's frescoes.
- What to do at Easter in Orvieto and surroundings: Visit of the "Ovo Pinto" exhibition in Civitella del Lago, exhibition of painted eggs on the occasion of Easter - Visit of the Cathedral and the Papal palaces - Tour of the underground city - Visit of the th century well of San Patrizio of extraordinary dimensions
- Hotels and b & b starting from € 76,00 -
- Orvieto: 2-hour small group tour
Easter destinations in the South and the Islands
In the southern regions, at Easter, you can breathe a particularly "summer" air. In Campania, Puglia and Sicily, the climatic conditions allow for fantastic afternoons in contact with nature. Moreover, in Sicily there are some of the most beautiful beaches in the nation.
1 - Naples
Rites and traditions, remained unchanged for centuries, characterize Easter in Naples. The spring days mark, in the Campania capital, the beginning of the beautiful season and a period of renewal. The folklore of this land has always been marked by particular sacred recurrences, religious rites and processions, which in turn are linked to the great Campania gastronomic tradition.
- What to do at Easter in Naples and surroundings: Guided tour of the Belvedere di San Leucio monumental complex in Caserta - Visit of the Pausilypon Archaeological Park - Visit of the Diocesan Museum - Trekking routes on the Amalfi Coast - Top view of Castellammare di Stabia with the Faito cableway - Boat trip with aperitif on board along the Costa di Posillipo
- Hotels and b & b starting from € 70,00 -
- Naples: entrance ticket to the Royal Palace Naples: entrance to the National Archaeological Museum
2 - Palermo
Palermo was Italian Capital of Culture of 2018 and, also in the Easter period, it offers a rich calendar of events and manifestations. In the city there is no shortage architectural and artistic masterpieces, the favorable climate all year round also allows you to take your first dives in the crystalline sea of Sicily.
- What to do at Easter in Palermo and surroundings: Visit of the Majolica Museum, Zisa Castle - Excursions on the Nebrodi - The Devils' Ball in Prizzi in the province of Palermo (80 km) is a must - Picnic at Bosco Ficuzza - Walk in the seaside village of Mondello
- Hotels and b & b starting from € 57,00 -
- Discovering Palermo: tour with a local guide
3 - Bari
A watering culinary tradition characterizes not only Bari, but all of Puglia. The city also it has about 40 churches, including the Cathedral of San Sabino (dating back to 1034) and the Basilica of San Nicola, from 1087.
- What to do at Easter in Bari and surroundings: Guided tour of the Castellana Caves - Visit to Fasano of the Zoosafari which hosts 2.000 animals of 200 different species, excellent activity for families with children - Outdoor activities at the Alta Murgia National Park - Visit to the Cassano Dinosaur Park of the Murge in the province of Bari (38 km from Bari)
- Hotels and b & b starting from € 65,00 -
- 2 hour city tour of Bari
4 - Matera
Matera is perhaps the Italian city where Easter is lived with greater religious and spiritual transport. There are several customs typical of Easter celebrations, some of which have very ancient origins.
- What to do at Easter in Matera and surroundings: Trekking on the Murgia - Visit of museums such as Domenico Ridola National Archaeological Museum, Museum of Medieval and Modern Art of Basilicata and the Musma - Visit of the main historical and cultural attractions such as the Cathedral, the Church of San Francesco d'Assisi and the Purgatory - Excursion on foot or by mountain bike in the Canyon of the Gravina di Laterza
- Hotels and b & b starting from € 55,00 -
- Matera: 2-hour walking tour of the Sassi
5 - Capri
The island of Capri, as early as the nineteenth century, was one of your favorite destinations by tourists from all over the world. The charm of this town has not faded over time, so much so that its beauties continue to enchant: the Blue Grotto, that of the Faraglioni, the famous square (Piazza Umberto I) and the designer boutiques are just some of the attractions of the island.
- What to do at Easter in Capri and surroundings: Walk through the avenues of the Gardens of Augustus with a panoramic stop on the sea - Boat trip among the stacks of the island - Visit of the famous Blue Grotto by boat - Walk in the Cetrella Valley - Trekkin on the Path of the Fortini
- Hotels and b & b starting from € 87,00 -
- Capri Island Day Tour from Naples Capri: Boat tour with stop at the Blue Grotto