When you are on vacation you don't always have time to indulge in a full and abundant meal. If you like to pamper and relax at dinner, lunch we always go in a hurry, taken by the need to stay awake, so as to be able to continue the visit, and by the desire to spend little, which never hurts. Luckily, Treviso it is full of places where these two needs can be easily combined. Let's see together a small list of places, where it is possible to eat well by spending the right amount.
- Colonial Inn
- The Bosketto
- Trattoria at the Antico Portico
- For Bacchus
- Trattoria all'Oca Bianca
- Hosteria due Torri
- Osteria Arman
- The Garden Bistrot
- Trattoria alla Colomba
- User questions and comments
1 - Colonial Inn
Located in the center of Treviso, the Colonial Inn uses the formula ofmenu fixed. The formula also allows access to an abundant buffet, which includes seasonal vegetables, side dishes, but also first and second courses of the day. Characterized by a good variety of dishes, the restaurant also offers the customer a very well-stocked beer list. Recommended for both a quick lunch break and a quiet dinner, given the distance between the tables which guarantees the right intimacy, even if the place is crowded.
- Address: Via Avogari 25, Get directions
- Contact us: Tel: (+39) 0422 1726722, link page fb
- Specialty of the house: hambuger and meat
- Average price per person: from € 9,00 to € 14,00
2 - The Bosketto
Il Bosketto is a restaurant surrounded by greenery, located along the outer walls of the city of Treviso, overlooking the Sile river. Easily reachable on foot in a short time, the restaurant is ideal for a quick but complete lunch, thanks to fixed menu formulas: € 8 for a first course menu only, € 16 for the menu with first course, second course and side dish. Water and coffee are included and the menu changes daily. Dogs are welcome.
- Address: Viale Fratelli Bandiera 8, Get directions
- Contact us: Tel: (+39) 0422 582180, link page fb
- Specialty of the house: mixed grill
- Average price per person: from € 8,00 to € 16,00
3 - Trattoria all'Antico Portico
Among the most characteristic places in Treviso, the Antico Portico trattoria overlooks the beautiful square of the Church of Santa Maria Maggiore, dating back to the fifteenth century. A few steps from the historic center of the city, the restaurant, furnished with a series of signs and objects of other times, gives the customer an informal and homely atmosphere, thanks also to the family management that has always characterized it. The menu offers several varieties of typical dishes of the Treviso culinary tradition, prepared following the classic "grandmother's recipes".
- Address: Piazza Santa Maria Maggiore 18, Get directions
- Contact us: Tel: (+39) 0422 545259
- Specialty of the house: white truffle tagliolini with black truffle slices
- Average price per person: around € 25,00
4 - For Bacchus
Located in the northern outskirts of Treviso, the Osteria Per Bacco is the typical tavern, but equipped with a kitchen. The menu available to the customer - also available at fixed price - includes a long series of typical dishes of the Treviso tradition, enriched with small touches of originality, which makes them suitable even for the most "demanding" palates. All this, supported by the availability of old-fashioned cicchetti and a careful selection of house wines, which make the menu suitable for both formal and informal lunches and dinners, as well as for aparecina with friends.
- Address: Via Cisole 13, Get directions
- Contact us: Tel: (+39) 0422 436796, link page fb
- Specialty of the house: Tagliatelle or gnocchi with duck sauce / Wild boar / Deer / Musso
- Average price per person: from € 12,00 to € 25,00
5 - Trattoria all'Oca Bianca
A historic restaurant in Treviso, a stone's throw from Piazza dei Signori, the Oca Bianca today presents itself in the 60's style but rejuvenated, providing the eye with a very pleasant result. The warm and welcoming environment frequented by intellectuals and personalities of the past has been kept almost intact by the managers, who still carry on the family tradition. The menu offers the customer a long list of Treviso and Veneto specialties generally, accompanied by a different selection of wines. The strong point of the room is the wooden cladding that covers the walls.
- Address: vicolo della Torre 7, Get directions
- Contact us: Tel: (+39) 0422 541850, link page fb
- Specialty of the house: dishes based on Treviso radicchio
- Average price per person: from € 25,00 to € 40,00
6 - Hosteria due Torri
The Hosteria due torri is located in the heart of Treviso - near Piazza dei Signori - with an excellent view of the canal, where the waters change color thanks to a play of lights. The owners have recreated an atmosphere of other times inside the restaurant: wooden furniture, brick columns and stone walls of the fifteenth century, make the customer feel almost suspended in time. The sensation is accentuated by the acoustic insulation of the room, which allows you to dine or have lunch in peace. The menu offers the customer a good range of dishes, both meat and fish.
- Address: via Palestro 8, Get directions
- Contact us: Tel: (+39) 0422 1627960, link page fb
- Specialty of the house: bigoli and polenta
- Average price per person: € 30,00
7 - Coal
Located just two kilometers from the city walls, Carbone is one of the most famous restaurants in all of Treviso. Located in a house converted into an inn, the restaurant offers a sober and at the same time rustic atmosphere, typical of the taverns of yesteryear. Equipped with a large veranda, where it is possible to eat in the summer, the dishes on the menu are a mix between tradition and experimentation, and sees its strength in the meat cooked on stone, served at the table still sizzling. your own carafe of water, directly from the fountain present there
- Address: via Cal di Breda 33, Get directions
- Contact us: Tel: (+39) 0422 420395, link page fb
- Specialty of the house: nervetti, lard from colonnata, grilled meat
- Average price per person: € 25,00
8 - Osteria Arman
Located in a room that dates back to 1872, a few steps from the tomb of Dante Alighieri's son, the Arman tavern is the typical th century tavern. The menu available contains dishes cooked with seasonal products, typical of Treviso and Veneto cuisine. The generational family management guarantees good and serious organization and a quality menu that respects and proposes the typical local cuisine, albeit with some modern touches, which makes the dishes suitable even for the most "demanding" palates.
- Address: via Alessandro Manzoni 27, Get directions
- Contact us: Tel: (+39) 0422 547747, link page fb
- Specialty of the house: risotto with radicchio, sardines in saor
- Average price per person: around € 30,00
9 - The Bistrot Garden
Il Giardino Bistrot is a small but welcoming place, located near Piazza Duomo, where it is possible to have lunch surrounded by greenery and silence. Recommended for both breakfast and a quick lunch, this characteristic sandwich bar / piadineria offers customers a menu including vegan, vegetarian, organic dishes and a wide choice of ingredients, with which to fill their choices. The restaurant has a few wooden tables, but organized in the right way, and a showcase, which shows the public the great variety of homemade desserts.
- Address: Viale Cesare Battisti 35, Get directions
- Contact us: Tel: (+39) 0422 540650, link page fb
- Specialty of the house: piadina
- Average price per person: € 5,00
10 - Trattoria alla Colomba
Centrally located in Treviso, about one hundred meters from Piazza dei Signori, the Trattoria alla Colomba is a rustic family-run restaurant. The menu contains a long series of authentically homemade dishes, in full compliance with grandma's recipes. The taste of traditional cuisine is enhanced by the homely atmosphere that reigns in the restaurant, which seems almost ready to welcome the visit of "relatives and family" Excellent alternative for tourists and workers, who want to eat abundantly at a reasonable price.
- Address: Via Ortazzo 25, Get directions
- Contact us: Tel: (+39) 0422 542284, link page fb
- Specialty of the house: bigoli in anchovy sauce
- Average price per person: from € 19,00 to € 25,00
Specialties and typical dishes
Treviso cuisine is characterized by its great variety, due to the great availability of raw materials available. Among the typical dishes we find, as first courses, i bigoli, gnocchi and tagliz while, as regards the main courses, the main dishes are the bovine tripe and sardée in saor. The Treviso dessert par excellence is instead Tiramisu, conceived in 1960.