Tuscany is a region that has always been synonymous with excellent culinary traditions, first choice products and conviviality. Not everyone, however, is able to distinguish the typical dishes of one of the Tuscan capitals, or Pisa.
You are planning a visit to the city of the leaning tower and want to know where to eat well, spending little? Pisa has in common with all the other cities of the region natural and artistic beauties, but it is also able to offer traditional tasty and unmissable dishes.
- Pisan specialties and typical dishes of Tuscan cuisine
- The Comfortable Pigs
- The Ostellino
- Mr. Sgabeo
- Jhonny Paranza StreetFood Restaurant
- First - Pasta & Street Food
- Neccio restaurant
- Trattoria La Ghiotteria
- Ancient Workshop of Pisa
- Pisan restaurant
- User questions and comments
Pisan specialties and typical dishes of Tuscan cuisine
The typical Pisan specialties include some dishes shared with the rest of the Tuscan cities, in particular the appetizers composed of the classic crostini, regional cold cuts and cheeses: goodies suitable for starting what will surely be a meal with all the trimmings! We continue with the first courses: the Pisan-style bordatino (a soup made with bean puree, black cabbage and yellow flour, typically winter), chickpea soup and the famous tomato soup, without forgetting the spaghetti with clams and pappardelle with rabbit ragout. The main courses, on the other hand, include both meat (in particular game), what fish: eels on their knees (fried eels stewed with tomato sauce), cod with leeks, stockfish with potatoes, stewed pheasant, hare, fallow deer or wild boar and the classic beans all'uccelletto.
1 - The Comfortable Pigs
It is not the classic restaurant but a very small place that is enormously successful, both among Pisans and tourists. The menu provides beyond 50 alternatives as far as sandwiches are concerned, as well as cristini, cutting boards and many other street specialties.
- Contact us: Via l'Arancio, 4 - Tel. 392 989 3706
- Tripadvisor statistics: 5 stars out of 1.521 reviews
- Specialty of the house: Lampredotto
- Average price per person: € 8,00
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/I-PORCI-COMODI
2 - The Ostellino
Another sandwich shop, landmark for Pisan street food, with a completely informal and cheerful atmosphere. The street food in this small shop of taste is enhanced to the maximum, thanks to the use of 0 km ingredients and seasonal products. The restaurant is very popular with university students, who are also given a special discount on drinks.
- Contact us: Piazza Felice Cavallotti, 1 - Tel. 3319431843
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4.5 stars out of 3.578 reviews
- Specialty of the house: Platters with cold cuts and cheeses
- Average price per person: € 10,00
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Panineria-L-Ostellino/
3 - Strittendfud
It is a small diner a few steps from the Leaning Tower. With an excellent value for money, even in view of the location, it is possible to enjoy excellent street food typical of various parts of Italy, such as sandwiches, cutting boards, fried foods and much more. Also noteworthy are the excellent homemade desserts.
- Contact us: Via Angelo Galli Tassi, 13 - Tel. 050 620 3820
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4.5 stars out of 155 reviews
- Specialty of the house: Lampredotto sandwich
- Average price per person: € 12,00
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/strittendfud/
4 - Mr. Sgabeo
This place specializes in the preparation of "sgabei", a typical specialty of Lunigiana, consisting of leavened, fried and salted bread dough. Mr. Sgabeo offers a wide variety of fillings, both sweet and savory, with genuine products suitable for all tastes.
- Contact us: Via Carlo Fedeli, 2 - Tel. +39 388 1108779
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4.5 stars out of 129 reviews
- Specialty of the house: Orciano Pisano (Sausage, Pecorino, Eggplant and Truffle Sauce)
- Average price per person: € 6,00 (€ 3,50 per stool + € 2,50 per drink)
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/mrsgabeo/
5 - Jhonny Paranza StreetFood Restaurant
The specialty of the restaurant are fried, but also first and second courses based on fish, such as spaghetti with seafood and tuna steak. Only top quality products are used at the restaurant, including peanut oil for frying, which is replaced daily.
- Contact us: Piazza Chiara Gambacorti, 13 - Tel. 320 771 7153
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4.5 stars out of 35 reviews
- Specialty of the house: mixed fried fish
- Average price per person: € 10,00
6 - First - Pasta & Street Food
A true paradise for those who love pasta, for those who want to have lunch by choosing an alternative to the classic sandwich or slice of pizza. The customer can choose the pasta shape who prefers, the quantity and the desired seasoning. There are also some proposals for second courses
- Contact us: Vicolo del Tidi, 24 - Tel. 334 349 0099
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4 stars out of 143 reviews
- Specialty of the house: spaghetti with meatballs
- Average price per person: € 9,00
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/primopastapisa/
7 - Neccio restaurant
The restaurant is located in the south of the city, a few kilometers from the center. In a friendly and welcoming environment it is possible to taste, with an excellent quality / price ratio, meat and fish dishes, Pisan specialties and pizzas, all prepared with the freshest ingredients.
- Contact us: Via Livornese, 122 - Tel. 050 530677
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4.5 stars out of 317 reviews
- Specialty of the house: baby octopus and cannellini beans
- Average price per person: € 20,00
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/RistoranteNeccio/
8 - Trattoria La Ghiotteria
It is a classic traditional trattoria, where aromas and flavors tell the story of the city. The first courses are very popular, among which the pens at Jack Daniel's, innovative and tasty recipe. However, there is no shortage of traditional proposals, starting with appetizers with local cold cuts and cheeses, the classic croutons and seasonal vegetables.
- Contact us: Vicolo delle Donzelle 9-11 - Tel. 348 406 4725
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4.5 stars out of 251 reviews
- Specialty of the house: pens at Jack Daniel's
- Average price per person: € 15,00
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/LaGhiotteriaPisa/
9 - Ancient Workshop of Pisa
A few steps from the Tower, in a quiet side street, stands this restaurant with a genuine atmosphere and food. Everything speaks Tuscan, from the style of the tables to the menu proposals, which range from the classic crostini to Codfish In Wet, up to the main dish of the restaurant, the wild boar alla cacciatora.
- Contact us: Via Santa Maria, 145 - Tel. 333 792 3705
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4 stars out of 648 reviews
- Specialty of the house: wild boar alla cacciatora
- Average price per person: € 18,00
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Antica-Bottega-Di-Pisa
10 - Pisan Refreshments
Homemade dishes prepared with local products, this is the philosophy of the Ristoro Pisano, a tiny restaurant with a simple but welcoming atmosphere. The house appetizer includes cured meats, cheeses, croutons and pancakes, the meal will be accompanied by excellent Pisan wine.
- Contact us: Via Santa Bibbiana, 1 - Tel. 392 701 6586
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4.5 stars out of 108 reviews
- Specialty of the house: Sliced meat
- Average price per person: € 12,00
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ristoropisano/