A simple cooking, without too many frills; basic, yet 100 percent delicious. You eat tasty fresh fish in Cagliari, the Sardinian capital that has fully exploited the presence of the port to mark its cuisine. "Exotic" ingredients for the area are expertly mixed with some of the typical products of Cagliari, generating dishes with an irresistible color, smell and flavor.
- Cagliari specialties and typical Sardinian dishes
- The whale
- Black Sun 2
- Pizzeria Da Rita
- About Cumbidu
- Trattoria Lillicu
- Trattoria Del Porto Cagliari
- Sa Domu Sarda
- User questions and comments
Cagliari specialties and typical Sardinian dishes
Le culinary specialties of Cagliari they are almost all centered on one of the main ingredients of the city: the fish. Crustacean and mollusc soups, spaghetti with lobster, fregola with clams and a steaming pan of clams and mussels are placed alongside the classics Sardinian dumplings, the inevitable pecorino, meat-based dishes, such as boiled beef tripe, called sa busecca or a slice of grilled horse meat.
Finally, a special mention is dedicated to desserts: on the tables of restaurants and trattorias the pardulas are depopulated (cheese or ricotta cheese) and the sebadas oseadas, fried semolina flour crepes, filled with fresh pecorino cheese and flavored with honey and lemon zest.
From lobster to couscous, from pasta to horse meat, let's find out where to taste the typical dishes of Cagliari spending very little.
1 - The Whale
Just 10 minutes by car from the center of Cagliari, near the Necropolis of Tuvixeddu, the trattoria La Balena it is truly a place with particular connotations. Known for its unusual restrictions - inside the venue you don't have to ask coffee, toasted bread or fish without entrails - the restaurant offers in exchange for courses of fish with an incomparable flavor, strictly adhering to the "law" of the port: only catch of the day for La Balena customers!
- Contact us: Via Santa Gilla, 125 - Tel. +39 070 288415
- Tripadvisor statistics: 3,5 stars out of 312 reviews
- Specialty of the house: mixed fried
- Average price per person: from € 15,00 to € 20,00
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/La-Balena
2 - Black Sun 2
Not far from the center of Cagliari, near the Bastion of Saint Remy, is one of the city's institutions in terms of sweet and savory crepes. With its wide selection of products, ingredients and variations, the Black Sun 2 it is the ideal refreshment point for a sweet break or a "fast" snack, to be consumed inside the creperie or strolling through the streets of the Sardinian capital.
- Contact us: Via Sidney Sonnino, 183
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4 stars out of 94 reviews
- Specialty of the house: gaufres (sweet and savory)
- Average price per person: from € 3,00 to € 7,00
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Black-Sun-2
3 - Sabores
For a "happy hour" in clear Cagliari style, you cannot miss the opportunity to taste the delicious ones cold cuts and cold cuts proposed by Flavors. It is a wine bar, where you can taste a rich platter of succulent Sardinian typical products, accompanied by a glass of craft beer or "affogato" by a glass of good Red wine. Sabores is easily traceable: it can be reached by bus in a few minutes and, not far from the restaurant, you can visit the famous Church of Sant'Agostino.
- Contact us: Via Baylle, 6 - Tel. +39 070 653216
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4,5 stars out of 564 reviews
- Specialty of the house: platter of loin, coppa, lard, sausage with honey and myrtle jam
- Average price per person: from € 10,00 to € 30,00
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/saporidisardegnacagliari
4 - Pizzeria Da Rita
It is targeted by tourists and natives there Da Rita pizzeria, which offers a notable variant of pizzas, including sweet versions, even calzoni. It is advisable book in advance, to avoid being disappointed and on an empty stomach. Da Rita is less than 2 km from the National Archaeological Museum.
- Contact us: Via Pierluigi da Palestrina, 94 - Tel. +39 070 498044
- Tripadvisor statistics: 3,5 stars out of 68 reviews
- Specialty of the house: calzone with nutella
- Average price per person: € 15,00
5 - Bombas
It is theSardinian alternative to the classic Mc Donald's. A careful selection of meats and a skilful mixture with typical products of Sardinian gastronomy characterize the very tasty Bombas burger, a place near the Bastion of Saint Remy, where it will be possible to choose, at the end of the meal, from a vast selection of sweets.
- Contact us: Via Università, 37 - Tel. +39 070 753 4511
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4,5 stars out of 534 reviews
- Specialty of the house: Balixi hamburger (red beef and pecorino cream)
- Average price per person: € 18,00
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Bombas-hamburgeria-sarda
6 - Su Cumbidu
It is located in the historic center of Cagliari il Su Cumbidu restaurant, one of the "top" places as regards the dishes based on meat, clear demonstration that in the capital you can eat not only delicious fish dishes.
- Contact us: Via Napoli, 11/13 - Tel. +39 070 670712
- Tripadvisor statistics: 3,5 stars out of 1172 reviews
- Specialty of the house: pasta with sheep sauce
- Average price per person: from € 15,00 to € 25,00
7 - Origins
We could define it as amultisensory experience the one tried by Origins, a well-known pastry shop managed by Aresu family in the historic center of Cagliari. From desserts to aperitifs, it is possible to taste all kinds of dishes and drinks. Upstairs it is also possible to learn the secrets of the confectionery art from the undisputed master Gianluca Aresu.
- Contact us: Largo Carlo Felice, 16 - Tel. +39 070 657717
- Tripadvisor statistics: 3,5 stars out of 219 reviews
- Specialty of the house: Coconut Sacher
- Average price per person: € 7,00
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/originis.it/
8 - Trattoria Lillicu
Fresh fish specialties, welcoming staff and a rustic and cozy atmosphere characterize the Lillicu restaurant, a very popular place located in the historic La Maria district. Reservations are recommended.
- Contact us: Via Sardegna, 78 - Tel. +39 070 652970
- Tripadvisor statistics: 3,5 stars out of 1819 reviews
- Specialty of the house: seafood appetizers
- Average price per person: from € 13,00 to € 25,00
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/tratt.lillicu/
9 - Trattoria Del Porto Cagliari
It is located on the suggestive Cagliari port restaurant Del Porto Cagliari. Fish specialties served with side dishes of delicious vegetables, desserts, a discreet environment characterize this place, where the courtesy of the staff is an added value. Also suitable for groups and families. To taste courses that do not include fish it is advisable to book and indicate your preferences.
- Contact us: Via Roma Interno Porto Molo Dogana - Tel. +39 070 659613
- Tripadvisor statistics: 3 stars out of 194 reviews
- Specialty of the house: homemade tagliolini with clams, courgette flowers and bottarga
- Average price per person: € 25,00
10 - Sa Domu Sarda
You cannot leave Cagliari without having tasted it the typical dishes of the Sardinian tradition! Located near the Church of Sant'Agostino, il Sa Domu Sarda is the ideal restaurant to taste all the delicacies, from rut ai culurgiones, which have made the food and wine of the beautiful island "international".
- Contact us: Via Sassari, 51 - Tel. +39 070 653400
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4,5 stars out of 1628 reviews
- Specialty of the house: culurgiones walnuts and pine nuts
- Average price per person: € 20,00
- FB page: https://it-it.facebook.com/Sa-Domu-Sarda-Circolo-Agro-Gastronomico/