La cuisine of our South, as is well known, it is not only characterized by a mixture of such different flavors but, at the same time, well mixed together, but it is undoubtedly the most delicious. The city par excellence of street food in southern Italy, incredible but true, it is Bari, Apulian capital not only famous for its famous orecchiette.
- Bari specialties and typical dishes of the Apulian cuisine
- Il rustico
- The Shoreline
- The Sgagliozze
- Terranima Restaurant
- Al Gambero
- Le Véronique
- Blue Eyes
- East rotisserie
- Cosimo Mauro's Pizzeria
- Violante Bakery
- User questions and comments
Bari specialties and typical dishes of the Apulian cuisine
When we think of gastronomy of Bari, irremediably we turn our "senses" to the delicious and famous orecchiette with turnip tops. From the classic shape that recalls our part of the body dedicated to listening, orecchiette are a type of pasta often made by hand by nice old women of the place, who well marry the condiment based on the precious vegetable. Not just pasta, though: in Bari we can taste delicious fish dishes, from octopus to smoked mackerel.
La vegetables is the ideal "partner" for numerous courses of the Apulian cuisine: green light, therefore, for cherry tomatoes, aubergines and black olives.
As mentioned above, Bari is a kind of "capital" of street food southern and Italian. There polenta, typical food of regions such as Veneto and Lombardy, is reinvented in the simple but tasty variant called "sgagliozze": it is slices of fried polenta with a pinch of salt, served hot and ready to taste, walking along the streets of the city.
Here are what they are the best restaurants in bari to eat well and spend little!
1 - The Rustic
This trattoria / pizzeria less than 1 km away from the Norman-Swabian Castle it is targeted by tourists and inhabitants of the city, which is why - also due to the impossibility of booking a table - it will not be difficult to wait even an hour to be able to sit and eat the local specialty. The wait, however, will be amply rewarded:generous portions of appetizer, a wide choice of pizzas and an absolutely ridiculous price make Il Rustico one of the "top" places in the city.
- Contact us: Via Quintino Sella, 95 - Tel. +39 080 521 6727
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4 stars out of 456 reviews
- Specialty of the house: wholemeal pizza
- Average price per person: € 10,00
2 - The Shoreline
The restaurant overlooks the charming seafront of the Apulian capital The Shoreline, most famous for his dishes based on fresh fish, all at an excellent quality / price ratio. There is no shortage of classic courses of the Bari tradition, such as orecchiette, as well as some dishes taken up and revisited by other regional cuisines, such as the Florentine di Chianina.
- Contact us: Lungomare Araldo di Crollalanza, 1 - Tel. +39 080 524 0022
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4 stars out of 347 reviews
- Specialty of the house: cavatelli with seafood with mashed beans
- Average price per person: € 20,00
3 - The Sgagliozze
You cannot say that you have tasted the Bari street food without having tried the very famous ones sgagliozze, the rectangles of fried polenta have become the emblem of Apulian street food. The eighty-five year old Maria is the undisputed queen of sgagliozze, even for Newsweek, who has included his "hit and run" cuisine in the exclusive list of 101 best places to eat fast food in the world! Taste this exclusive delicacy in the heart of the historic center of Bari.
- Contact us: Str. Apricot
- Tripadvisor statistics: 5 stars out of 4 reviews
- Specialty of the house: sgagliozze
- Average price per person: € 1,00 for 6 pieces
4 - Terranima Restaurant
The restaurant is practically very close to the Norman-Swabian Castle Terranima, where you can taste the typical dishes of the Apulian culinary tradition, from appetizers to desserts, "washed down" by an excellent wine coming from the rich selection offered by the restaurant.
- Contact us: Via Putignani, 213/215 - Tel. +39 080 521 9725
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4 stars out of 533 reviews
- Specialty of the house: orecchiette with turnip tops
- Average price per person: € 30,00
5 - Al Gambero
In the Old Town of Bari, a stone's throw from the Basilica of San Nicola, there is a possibly Spartan-looking tavern. Appearances, however, deceive, because At the Gambero you can eat delicious fresh fish, cooked with passion and experience and served with dishes that have nothing to envy to the most famous chefs. A real institution among the catering services of Bari.
- Contact us: Corso Antonio de Tullio, 8 - Tel. +39 080 521 6018
- Tripadvisor statistics: 3,5 stars out of 527 reviews
- Specialty of the house: linguine with cuttlefish ink
- Average price per person: € 25,00
6 - Le Véronique
Not just tasty pizzas, stuffed with any condiment, but also hot and cold dishes, salads, appetizers. A truly vast menu, which absolutely does not affect the culinary quality of the pizzeria Le Véronique, located about half an hour from the center of Bari.
- Contact us: Via SF Hahnemann, 4 - Tel. +39 080 546 1822
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4 stars out of 946 reviews
- Specialty of the house: Bolognese pizza (with mortadella, mozzarella and chopped pistachio)
- Average price per person: € 13,00
7 - Blue Eyes
The institution of the Bari restaurant is called Blue Eyes. Definitely vintage place, little time to eat, large portions, abundant. If you feel like taking a step back in time and eat a lot while spending very little, then you cannot go to this characteristic restaurant, located less than 1 km from Palazzo dell'Ateneo.
- Contact us: Via Muciaccia, 4 - Tel. +39 327 762 2816
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4 stars out of 203 reviews
- Specialty of the house: penne sea and mountains (in addition to the inevitable hot - dogs)
- Average price per person: € 15,00
8 - Orient Rotisserie
From the city center, continuing in the direction of the Policlinico di Bari, here the homeland of fried food in the capital, the Oriente rotisserie. Mozzarella in carrozza, arancini, croquettes with stringy filling will be a real "drug" for you, which you will no longer be able to do without!
- Contact us: Viale Orazio Flacco, 40 - Tel. +39 080 561 3194
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4,5 stars out of 370 reviews
- Specialty of the house: mozzarella in a carriage
- Average price per person: from € 1,60 to € 3,00
9 - Pizzeria Di Cosimo Mauro
Located in the historic center of Bari, the Cosimo Mauro's pizzeria it is a place that does not pay too much attention to the formalities and frills typical of the more "in" places, prefers a fast service, a little "do it yourself" and an absolutely incomparable gastronomic product, made with first choice raw materials.
- Contact us: Largo Apricocca, 19 - Tel. +39 080 521 8740
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4 stars out of 97 reviews
- Specialty of the house: giant panzerotto
- Average price per person: € 3,50
10 - Violante Bakery
La homeland of focaccia - the traditional one, "alla barese" with cherry tomatoes, also revisited with tomato sauce - is undoubtedly the Violante bakery, a place not far from the old port of Bari. Taste the bread and other baked specialties of the bakery, you will fall in love with the unmistakable flavors of Violante.
- Contact us: Via Addis Abeba, 12 - Tel. +39 080 553 4210
- Tripadvisor statistics: 4,5 stars out of 154 reviews
- Specialty of the house: focaccia with tomato sauce
- Average price per person: € 5,00
Most Interesting Articles
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see