"Where are we going guys today? Come on, let's jump off a bridge"!
When in doubt, if you should hear such a conversation ... stop them! But maybe, between a chat and another, ask first if they at least intend to attach a rubber band and ... go bungee jumping!
- Where to do Bungee Jumping: permanent and itinerant centers in Italy
- How much does it cost to do Bungee Jumping? Here are the prices
- What is Bungee Jumping and where is it born
- What you need to know before launch: all safety measures
- Contraindications: when not to Bungee Jumping
- The phases of the launch: harnesses, launch and recovery
- How to dress for Bungee Jumping?
- Photos and Videos of Bungee Jumping
- Curiosity: where to do Bungee Jumping in the world
- User questions and comments
Where to do Bungee Jumping: permanent and itinerant centers in Italy
- Asd Bungyxteam Valgadena Asiago (Veneto):
Launch from the Valgadena di Asiago bridge, 175 meters high - Prices starting from € 100,00 - For info and activities calendar, visit the official website
- Bungee Center of Veglio-Biella (Piedmont):
Launch from the Pistolese bridge (Colossus), 152 meters high - Prices starting from € 100,00 - For info, discounts and activities calendar, visit the official website
- Bunjee Jumping Abruzzo at the Majella Park - Caramanico Terme (Abruzzo):
Launches from the Ponte di Salle, 104 meters high - Prices starting from € 80,00 - For info, prices and calendar of activities, visit the official website
- Acqualandia Park in jesolo beach (Veneto):
Among the various attractions, it offers a launch tower from 60 meters towards the water - For info and prices visit the official website
However, there are many itinerant Bungee Jumping associations with mobile structures that organize events and launches throughout Italy, and in the countries on the border. Here are some of them:
- Skybrothers Extreme Planet (Sicily)
- Vololiberoroma (Lazio)
- Bungee Extreme (Lazio)
- ProAlps (Trentino-Alto Adige)
- ExtremeDNA (Austria)
How much does it cost to do Bungee Jumping? Here are the prices
Let's say that it is not a proper economic activity, as in any case it requires an authorization procedure and important costs. Generally, costs range from 50 to 150 euros for a single jump, from 80 to 200 for a tandem jump. Unless you want to experience the thrill of a bungee jump from a helicopter in flight as it flies over the Villarrica volcano in Chile with a return trip hanging by the wire at 130 km / h. You like it? 10 thousand dollars!
What is Bungee Jumping and where is it born
It is one extreme sport, which with other extreme sports has in common that dose of madness necessary to practice it, but differs because, in the end, it does not require any special skills if not a great liver!
Originally it was quite different from now, both in "sense" and in practice. It was indeed a initiation rite of the island of Pentecost, in the Pacific, which marked the transition from adolescence to adulthood, with which the initiates demonstrated their tenacity and courage. We threw ourselves from towers specially built with bamboo canes, but to tie the ankles were not elastic but ... lianas! Better to be a teenager forever, right ...?
Il modern bungee jumping finds its outlet in 1993, although the first jump "European" happened in 1987, from the Eiffel Tower, but illegally. From '93 onwards, on the other hand, ad hoc elastic bands were made for this sporting use, and over the years a lot of work has been done to increase safety in this discipline.
What you need to know before launch: all safety measures
Technology has ensured that safety standards are very tall, so the risks associated with bungee jumping are close to zero. Of course you must always pay attention to who you rely on, and make sure that they are not improvised DIY pseudo-engineers. Before launching, make sure that the launch platform and system comply with these rules:
- make sure the structure is SISE certified (Italian standard elastic jump);
- make sure the elastic is attached to the ankles with a pair of high resistance fabric anklets;
- communicate your own first body weight;
- the rope is generally certified for 1000 casts, but the more careful structures replace it after less than half;
- make sure that the elastic rope is combined with a safety rope mountaineering type, which guarantees high resistance in case of tears or breaks in the elastic;
- make sure theharness is fixed to both the pelvis and the chest.
Contraindications: when not to Bungee Jumping
Given that, as already mentioned, safety is high and the percentages of accidents are reduced to almost zero, there are some cases in which it is strongly discouraged, not to mention forbidden, to launch with the elastic:
- if you have heart disease: the acceleration of the body is very strong, it can even reach 100km / h in 3 seconds, and the first pull can be risky for those suffering from heart problems;
- if you are susceptible to fainting and suffer from vertigo: it is clear that this is an adrenaline-pumping activity, therefore not suitable for this type of person. In fact, fainting could complicate the body's response to stress and the jumper's recovery;
- if there is already existing damage to the skeletal system, major operations, metal plates, fractures or microfractures, recent bone operations.
In general, Consultation with your doctor is strongly recommended to assess your physical fitness for jumping.
They are really rare, and can be counted on the fingers of one hand, and the dead statistics they are practically zero. 2 non-fatal occurred in 1998, with two associations no longer active. A fatal one instead took place in Italy, at the Marmore Falls. A pair of jumpers reached the jump post when it was already being dismantled, but insisted on making the jump. Human recklessness led an operator to badly hook the main carabiner, causing the tragedy.
The phases of the launch: harnesses, launch and recovery
- First you need to fill in the documents for the disclaimer and for certification of physical fitness at launch;
- After stated your body weight, we move on toharness, with elastic at the ankles, safety rope and fastening to the chest and pelvis;
- The directives are given, the good practice in the fall and begins the countdown;
- 3, 2, 1, open arms, e free fall!
- The body registers acrazy acceleration (from 0 to 100 km / h in 3 seconds), which depends on the height and length of the elastic;
- After the free fall, the elastic comes under tension (the tension can be up to 650%), it stretches and you feel the jerk;
- Follows the first bounce, with a strong ascent, generally two minor ones follow;
- After the rebounds, there is the dangling. At this stage, you can grab onto knots connected to the harness to pull yourself up;
- Generally, recovery does not occur with the ascent: you are not pulled up, but down. An electric motor drops the rubber band and the ground crew proceeds in recovery.
How to dress for Bungee Jumping?
If the interpretations were not the most disparate, we could say "in a comfortable way". But since it happens that some girls are comfortable with a 15 heel and some men are comfortable with a moccasin and tailored suit, let's define some small tips on how to dress for Bungee Jumping:
- Depending on the weather, it's always better anyway to dress in layers. comfortable t-shirt underneath, sweatshirt on top, jacket or raincoat on top if there is a risk of rain;
- Long trousers, mostly because the elastic could bother bare ankles. But no particular contraindication in the case of shorts. Maybe we avoid extreme shorts;
- Comfortable footwear. Which translated, the advice is sneakers. Safer than an unlaced moccasin. Of course, needless to say, avoid shoes with heels. If you really can't do without them, bring them in reserve for when you are back on dry land, but in flight ... no!
- Never wear bracelets, necklaces, rings, and empty the pockets completely. This is for two reasons: you could lose them, and they could literally turn into bullets fired at the personnel working at the base.
Photos and Videos of Bungee Jumping/4
Curiosity: where to do Bungee Jumping in the world
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking