Toulouse, a beautiful town in the south of France, is nicknamed the "Pink City" because many of its buildings are built with terracotta bricks of this color.
Rich in history and with a lively "nightlife", since it is home to a famous university, it is the ideal place to spend a few days among museums, gardens, antique dealers and ateliers of famous artists. Here are some tips on when to go to Toulouse: climate, best time and tips month by month!
- Climate, Average Temperatures and Precipitation
- When to go to Toulouse: the cheapest period
- Toulouse in Spring
- Toulouse in the Summer
- Toulouse in Autumn
- Toulouse in Winter
- User questions and comments
Climate, Average Temperatures and Precipitation
- Best time: certainly the summer offers a better climate, but in general Toulouse can be visited all year round.
- Period to avoid: none in particular, the rains are distributed equally throughout the year and even in winter the temperatures are not extreme.
Toulouse, being in the south-west of France, has a climate that is affected by oceanic, Mediterranean and continental influences.
Who the four seasons are clear although temperatures remain mild throughout the year and never go below 0 °.
Rainfall is well distributed throughout the year, although it is more abundant between April and June.
When to go to Toulouse: the cheapest period
Excluding holidays, winter is the cheapest period, but also the least suitable from a climatic point of view. A good compromise is the half seasons and the first half of June. However, the best way to save is to check the flight and hotel offers that can be available throughout the year.
Toulouse in Spring
This season is characterized by a Fresh weather with temperatures between 15 and 20 °. During the day, especially when the weather is sunny, it is possible to stay in a shirt, while in the evening a sweater is still necessary.
Compared to winter, the rains are accentuated, although they are not excessive.
I this season, then, the famous one takes place Flamenco Festival which attracts dancers from all over the world who engage in performances and dance sessions.
Toulouse in the Summer
The climate is hot and dry although the temperatures are often mitigated by the winds that come from different sides. The Atlantic influences, in fact, make the air not too sultry even if every now and then they can bring some passing rain.
Summer is the season in which various events such as the Rio Loco Festival with female-only concerts and "La siestes electronic" la electronic music show with world famous artists.
Toulouse in Autumn
Very sunny, the climate is pleasant and makes you want to spend your days outside thanks to the still warm temperatures and the low amount of rain. October is still a month to stay in short sleeves, while in November it is possible, especially in the evening, to drop the thermometer up to 5 °.
In September there is "the spring of September" a free festival with shows, exhibitions and events in the most evocative places of the city.
Also not to be missed is the "Occitania Festival" which highlights the links between Occitan, Mediterranean and Eastern cultures.
Toulouse in Winter
Rather mild and it's never too cold thanks also to the presence of the sun that warms the days. There are rainy days but thanks to Atlantic influences they rarely turn into snowfall.
Temperatures also hardly go below zero but remain around 3-4 °.
In December Toulouse lights up and the atmosphere warms up thanks to the presence of beautiful lights scattered around the city and typical Christmas markets on the Place du Capitole.
How to dress: what to pack
- In winter: a wool sweater, jacket, umbrella, scarf and gloves.
- In summer: light clothing in cotton and linen, a light sweatshirt for the evening, k-way and a hat to protect from the sun.
- In autumn and spring: light clothing, a sweatshirt, a light jacket, raincoat and umbrella.
Haven't booked your trip yet? Discover our offers!
- starting from € 75,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 30,00 per room -
- Sightseeing Pass for Sightseeing of Toulouse 2,5-Hour Private Guided Tour Toulouse: 70-Minute Tour by Open-Top Minibus
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking