The Spanish city of ancient origins, Segovia, is a veritable mine of architectural treasures, thanks to which it has been able to boast the "seal" of UNESCO World Heritage Site. From the area of the ancient agglomeration to the historic aqueduct, the city breathes a very special atmosphere.
Let's see in detail info on the climate and advice on the best time to visit Segovia.
- Climate, Average Temperatures and Precipitation
- When to go to Segovia: the cheapest period
- Segovia in Spring
- Segovia in the Summer
- Segovia in Autumn
- Segovia in Winter
- User questions and comments
Climate, Average Temperatures and Precipitation
- Best time: spring (April-May) and early autumn (September-October). Segovia is always enjoyable, but in these months the days are long and the temperatures very pleasant, avoiding the summer heat, even if dry
- Period to avoid: none, but from the end of November to the first half of March it is cold. But under Christmas it is beautiful
Segovia's climate is continental-Mediterranean, influenced by the proximity to the center of the Sierra de Guadarrama mountain range and the Eresma and Clamores rivers. Rainfall is less frequent in the summer months, with peaks of drought in August, while May is the month with the highest rainfall.
When to go to Segovia: the cheapest period
The most economical and climatically convenient time to stay in Segovia is autumn (late September-early November): flight and accommodation prices, in fact, drop dramatically compared to the quarter December - February and, above all, the months from September to November are less rainy than spring (equally attractive economically, but too rainy).
Segovia in Spring
Spring in the beautiful city of Segovia could be quite "wet". Rainfall, however, must absolutely not scare: the Iberian town offers numerous attractions to visit and stroll through the extraordinary green areas, like the vast Jardines de la Granja de San Ildefonso, and it will not only be healthy for your lungs, but also super exciting.
A must see to see is undoubtedly the entire Old Town area (UNESCO World Heritage Site) with its statues and its artistic and religious attractions, such as the Iglesia de San Martín and the curious Casa de Los Picos, now an art gallery.
Segovia in the Summer
Segovia comes alive in summer, thanks to the proximity of the city to the Spanish capital, Madrid. The warm season is the right time to visit some of the top attractions of the resort: the Roman Aqueduct, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the fairy-tale Real Alcazar, source of inspiration for Walt Disney's "uncle", and the Cathedral of Segovia, a masterpiece of Spanish architecture.
Advice? Getting around on foot around the city attractions, to breathe the summer mood of Segovia.
Segovia in Autumn
Autumn in Segovia kicks off with rather mild September temperatures, which gradually decrease, while remaining above zero. The city offers numerous attractions to admire even in this interlude season, such as the Clamores Valley, one of the most beautiful green areas in the Spanish resort. Take advantage of the still sustainable climate by visiting the Jewish quarter of the city and do not miss the opportunity to visit one of the cheapest museums of the Old Continent: the Casa del Sol, the historical "treasure chest" of the city.
Segovia in Winter
Segovia is considered one of the most interesting Spanish cities for a winter stay. How can we not embrace this thesis? The proximity to the mountains creates dream scenarios and it is possible to practice typical winter sports, thanks to the presence of four stations near the Sierra de Guadarrama where you can try your hand at skiing, snowboarding and the like.
There is no shortage of events related to the Christmas holidays, and the most popular and fun takes place on December 25th: it's called "Trotto del Tacchino" and it's a picturesque race between bicycles ... without a chain!
Finally, there are the national and international musical events, which enliven the area in the cold winter months.
How to dress: what to pack
- In winter: coat, sweater, umbrella, ski wear
- In summer: shorts, t-shirts, comfortable shoes, a jacket or sweatshirt for cooler evenings
- In autumn and spring: umbrella or raincoat, jacket, pants, sweaters, sweatshirt
Haven't booked your trip yet? Discover our offers!
- Flights to Madrid (100 km from Segovia) starting from € 40,64 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 49,00 per room -
- Segovia and Toledo: Cathedral and Alcazar Tour and Tickets Private Segway Tour of La Granja de San Ildefonso Sierra de Guadarrama Hiking Day Trip
Most Interesting Articles
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see