Extended over a territory that goes from the Andes to the plains of the Pampa, including glacial lakes, Argentina is a country in Latin America, whose colors and environmental characteristics refer to the warm and passionate music of tango: the typical dance, born at the end of the th century in the suburbs of Buenos Aires.
The landscapes are varied: an alternation of glaciers and arid plains, as well as the cities: in fact, one passes from the exuberant Buenos Aires to a city completely enveloped in poverty.
The official language is Spanish, the religion is Catholic and the currency is the Argentine peso.
If you are thinking of organizing a trip, here is useful information on when to go to Argentina, based on the climate, the best period and the months to avoid.
- Best time
- Period to avoid
- Climate and seasons
- User questions and comments
Due to the vast extent,the Argentine climate varies from area to area, changing from a subtropical climate to a cold oceanic climate. To plan a trip to Argentina it is therefore necessary to know in advance the climatic conditions of the area you will choose to visit. There are four main climate zones in Argentina.
- North (Iguazu): subtropical climate with high temperatures all year round. Mountainous and forest landscape, abundant rainfall. The best time is from December to January, with slightly milder temperatures and drier weather
- Center (Buenos Aires, Rosario): temperate climate, almost never exceeds 30 °, abundant rainfall. The best time is summer (from November to January)
- South (Patagonia, Ushuaia): Regions such as Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego have a harsh and dry climate. The best time to visit this area is summer (November to January)
- The Andes (Salta, Mendoza): extending from north to south in the western part of the country, the climate is divided into two different climatic zones: arid north of the 40th parallel and alpine and with abundant snowfall in the south. The daily temperature range is considerable. The best period is from December to March, but you must always consider that it is very hot in the North
Choosing the best time to go to Argentina, given the climatic variability, is not easy. However, November is a good climate / economic compromise, because it is a spring month in almost all of Argentina and does not fully fall into the high season, which is why the price ranges still remain at an acceptable low level.
Period to avoid
Except in the north (Iguazu), the period not recommended is winter from June to September, as temperatures are low and rainfall even more abundant.
Climate and seasons
It is particularly limited to the different areas, obviously changes according to the season, remaining cold and rigid in winter and hot and humid in summer. Precipitation is abundant during almost the whole year.
Average Temperatures and Precipitation - North (Iguazu)
The climate is particularly hot during the summer period (November-February), even reaching over 40 °; the winter (June-September), on the other hand, remains mild, with daytime temperatures around 25 ° c.
The temperature range between day and night is quite marked, especially when the Pampero blows: a wind coming from the central-southern lands.
To visit the Iguazu Falls the austral summer is a good time because the falls are full, but there are crowds of tourists, the temperatures are high and the insects are very annoying. In winter, the sky is often cloudy and the falls are less filled with water.
Recommended period: the intermediate months (September, March, April). In the summer there are many people, and the monsoons can flood the walkways of the falls. Winter is drier and the sun is almost never present.
Average Temperatures and Precipitation - Center (Buenos Aires)
The climate is mild, very similar to the Mediterranean one. In Buenos Aires However, rainfall is very frequent even during the summer. The temperature range between day and night is very high, so much so that night frosts are not excluded even during the hottest seasons.
Recommended period: summer (November-February). The climate is still acceptable but cooler even during the cold season
Average Temperatures and Precipitation - South (Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego, Ushuaia)
The dry climate in this region is characterized by a fairly high seasonal temperature range, as temperatures drop below 10 ° c in winter and sometimes exceeding 30 ° c in summer; however, excessive heat waves are short. The average summer temperature remains around 20 ° c.
Recommended period: from November to March, with more sustainable temperatures. The seasonal temperature, both cold and hot, is still quite dry. The intermediate seasons are quite sunny.
Average Temperatures and Precipitation - Andes (Salta)
The limited climate in two different areas is characterized by very high daily temperature excursions; night frosts are concentrated mainly in the period between April and October, the rains instead characterize the period between December and March and occur in the form of short showers and thunderstorms.
Recommended period: the austral summer (from December to March), especially where you want to visit the south, considering however that in this same period it is very hot in the north. The best month to visit both climatic zones therefore remains November.
What to bring in your suitcase
- Capital: Buenos Aires
- Population: 42.000.000
- Area: 2.780.400 sq. Km
- Languages: the official language is Spanish. Italian is the second spoken language; followed by Arabic and German.
- Currency: Argentine peso ($) / Exchange rate: € 1,00 = $ 62.80
- Documents: passport and return flight ticket within 90 days
- Time zone: -5 h compared to Italy
- vaccinations: no specific vaccinations are required, however yellow fever vaccine is recommended, due to the great epidemic that occurred in 2008
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking