Are you looking for a destination that is not too far away but that gives you wonderful landscapes and sea?
Then the Egadi Islands are the right destination for you! Just 7 kilometers off the Sicilian coast, easily accessible from Trapani by ferry, these islands are a paradise come down to earth!
Favignana is the best known and most popular, but having 7 days available, go further and also visit the other islands, including Levanzo and Marettimo. Forget the cars, rent a bike and live a week in close contact with nature and with the reality of this place. You will return home completely regenerated!
Are you ready to go? Here what to see in the Egadi Islands in 7 days!
- 1 day
- 2 day
- 3 day
- 4 day
- 5 day
- 6 day
- 7 day
- How much does a week cost in the Egadi Islands
- Before leaving: useful tips
- User questions and comments
The advice is to stay at Favignana, full of services, hotels, restaurants and well connected both to Trapani and to the other islands of the archipelago, Levanzo and Marettimo, to which you can dedicate daily excursions.
At the port you will find many shops to rent a scooter (from € 20,00 per day) or a bike (from € 8,00 per day). Start with Piazza Madrice, the main square, and then get lost in the alleys, between shops and small clubs. Head to theFormer Florio factory of the Favignana traps. It is about an ancient trap, one of the largest in the whole Mediterranean, which hosts exhibitions and events inside and also a small archaeological museum, which we recommend you visit at a cost of only € 6,00.
After that enjoy a few hours of relaxation on the city beach, Praia beach.
Stop for a quick lunch in the center of Favignana, at U coppu to taste typical delicacies (average cost per person € 5,00) and then head towards Lido Burrone: the largest beach on the island. The seabed remains low and the water is crystal clear.
End the day with a dinner in a restaurant near the beach, perhaps in La Bettola (average cost per person € 15,00) and for the evening go back to the beach club, the Magneva, with excellent cocktails and music until late.
- Distance traveled: 7,6 km / 1 h 34 min (on foot)
- Places visited: Favignana center (free), Piazza Madrice (free), Tonnara di Favignana (€ 6,00), Praia Beach (free)
- Daily shopping: € 50,00
- Lunch at U coppu (Get directions), Dinner at La Bettola (Get directions)
With your bike, covering 4 km, you arrive at Cala Rossa, one of the most beautiful beaches on the island! It is a rocky beach, in fact all around it is surrounded by cliffs from which you can admire a beautiful panorama. The color of the sea will really leave you speechless and here you can spend a morning of total relaxation!
For lunch, stop at Er 'Paninaro, an institution in this area of the island, almost an obligatory stop and enjoy an excellent sandwich or a cunzato bread (average cost per person € 8,00).
In the afternoon reach Bue Marino, just a kilometer away. This rocky beach also has a terrace where you can leave your towel before diving into the sea. Since these are cliffs, in some places even high, it is not an area suitable for children.
After a few hours of diving, sun and relaxation, return to the center of Favignana for the evening.
End the day with a dinner in the center and enjoy an excellent pizza at Pizzeria Napulè (average cost per person € 10,00), after dinner enjoy a cocktel at Movida 2.0 in the center.
- Distance traveled: 6,0 km / 1 h 13 min
- Places visited: Cala Rossa (free), Bue Marino (free)
- Daily shopping: € 18,00
- Lunch at Er 'Paninaro (Get directions), Dinner at Pizzeria Napulè (Get directions)
For this third day, dedicate yourself to discovering the south east coast, starting from the beautiful one Cala Azzurra, very famous for its blue waters! Unlike the beaches of the previous day, here you will find a stretch of fine, almost white sand, on which to stretch out and relax for the whole morning. The seabed is very shallow and slowly descends towards the sea, so this is an area also suitable for families with children. There are no facilities, just a small bar, so make sure you bring at least one bottle of water with you.
For lunch you can stop for something in the bar near the beach, Bar Cala Azzurra, which serves sandwiches, slushes, drinks and beers and is also equipped with internal tables with a beautiful view of the sea (average cost per person € 7,00) . Try the pistachio coffee!
After eating, take your bike or moped back in your hand and walk along the southern coast until you reach the beaches of Cala Trono and Grotta Perciata, ideal places for those who love snorkeling and for those who want a bit of tranquility. These two rocky beaches, in fact, are not very popular.
In the late afternoon, stop at the Costa Sunset Bar & Bistrot and enjoy an unforgettable aperitif with sunset!
End the day with a dinner at the Da Eugenio e Laura restaurant (average cost per person € 25,00) and then take the Punta Sottile provincial road and you will arrive in the center in no time (only a kilometer and a half distance between the two points) .
- Distance traveled: 6,1 km / 1 h 14 min
- Places visited: Cala Azzurra (free), Cala Trono and Grotta Perciata (free), Lido Burrone (free)
- Daily shopping: € 32,00
- Lunch at Bar Cala Azzurra (Get directions), Dinner at Ristorante Da Eugenio e Laura (Get directions)
For this fourth day, discover the west coast, starting from Punta Sottile Lighthouse, the only active and inhabited lighthouse on the island. This area is full of small and hidden coves, ideal for spending an hour or two in total relaxation!
After that, take your bike or scooter and reach the second point of the morning, just two kilometers away, Cala Pozzo. Here you can relax on the beach or follow the many paths along the coast to enjoy a nice walk overlooking the sea. The landscape you can admire is spectacular!
Stop for lunch in Cala Pozzo, at Cibo Chiacchiere e Vino (average cost per person € 10,00) and then reach the afternoon stop, Cala Faraglioni.
It is a rocky and pebble beach, it is easy to reach and is the paradise for snorkelers and is one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. From here, moreover, you can see the island of Levanzo! There are no dining options, so make sure you have water and maybe some snacks with you. Enjoy a few hours of total relaxation, between sunbathing and long baths in the crystal clear waters.
After a few hours move and reach the local A Leva - Sun, aperitifs & sunsets, where you can enjoy a wonderful aperitif while admiring the sun setting on the horizon! You can choose from numerous snacks or dishes plus substances, the choice is yours (average cost per person € 15,00).
- Distance traveled: 6,1 km / 1 h 14 min
- Places visited: Punta Sottile lighthouse (free), Cala Pozzo (free), Cala Faraglioni (free)
- Daily shopping: € 25,00
- Lunch at Food Chat and Wine (Get directions), Dinner at A Leva - Sun, aperitifs & sunsets (Get directions)
Day to discover Levanzo, the smallest and most authentic of the three islands. Here you will live a unique and authentic experience. Reaching it is very simple: numerous direct ferries depart every day from Favignana to the port of Levanzo (journey time 10 minutes, ticket cost € 12,00 round trip).
Once you arrive in the small port you will find yourself in front of a postcard landscape: the beautiful beach of Cala Dogana framed by the houses of the small fishing village. The morning stop is the beach of Cala Minnola, perfect for those who love snorkeling, just 20 minutes walk from the small port. There are no amenities, so be sure to take at least one bottle of water with you. After an hour you reach Cala Fredda, a little gem just 10 minutes walk from the harbor, in which to relax for some time before lunchtime.
For lunch, go back to the town center, where there are the few restaurants on the island. Stop for something to eat at the La Chicca Bakery and try its excellent cabbucio (average cost per person € 5,00).
In the afternoon take part in one of the many tours offered by the Egadi Snorkeling agency - Excursions and Tour Levanzo - Favignana, near the port, and enjoy a beautiful boat trip to discover all the coves of the island and the Grotta del Genovese (average cost for a boat trip € 50,00 per person).
After that, take the ferry back to Favignana, last ride at 19:30.
End the day by dining at the Tuna Kebabberia where for € 6,00 you can enjoy some fantastic fish kebabs!
- Distance traveled: 2,1 km / 27 min
- Places visited: return ferry from Levanzo (€ 12,00), Cala Dogana (free), Cala Fredda (free), boat ride (€ 50,00)
- Daily shopping: € 96,00
- Lunch at La Chicca Bakery (Get directions), Dinner at Tuna Kebabberia (Get directions)
Now it's Marettimo's turn, a 'completely wild island, perfect for day trips. Please, wear a pair of comfortable shoes, bring some water with you and a great desire to explore this little corner of paradise!
Also in this case, reaching it is very simple: numerous direct ferries depart every day from Favignana to the small port of Marettimo (travel time between 30 and 45 minutes, ticket cost € 20,00 return).
Once you arrive in the small port of Marettimo, dedicate the morning to a beautiful hike on the island's trekking paths. Starting from the old port, go through the hinterland until you reach the archaeological area of Roman houses, from which you can also admire a beautiful view over the whole island and the sea. Then follow the marked path until you get to one of the most famous points of the island, the Castle of Punta Troia (10: 30-18: 00). Then return to the city center of Marettimo. This whole tour will last about three hours.
Once you arrive in the town, recharge your batteries with a good lunch at the Caffé Tramontana (average cost per person € 10,00), between the beaches of Porto Vecchio and Scugghiazzu.
In the afternoon take part in a boat excursion that will take you to discover the magnificent caves of the island! The boat is the best way to see as many as possible. There are several options and packages, with departures both in the morning and in the afternoon. The basic tour of about 4 hours (departure at 14:00 and return at 18:00) costs € 20,00 per person, then you can choose the tour you prefer and that best suits your needs.
After that, take the ferry back to Favignana, last ride at 19:30.
End the day with a good fish-based dinner in the center of Favignana at A Cialoma (around € 20 per person).
- Distance traveled: 10,9 km / 3 h
- Places visited: return ferry to Marettimo (€ 20,00), Roman Houses (free), Punta Troia Castle (free), boat tour of the caves (€ 20,00)
- Daily shopping: € 75,00
- Lunch at Caffé Tramontana (Get directions), Dinner at A Cialoma (Get directions)
In the morning reach a beautiful beach on the southern coast, just 3 kilometers from the town of Favignana. We are talking about Cala del Preveto, which takes its name from the islet that can be seen from its small beach, Isola Preveto. Relax here for a few hours, enjoy some sun and a few baths in the crystal clear water.
For lunch, reach a particular place, lost in nowhere, but from which you can enjoy a wonderful view, as it is located on a hill. We are talking about the restaurant L'Alencio (average cost per person € 30,00). You will fall in love with this farmhouse, where you can taste traditional Sicilian dishes.
After recovering your energy, take your vehicle and arrive in one of the most beautiful areas of the island, Punta San Nicola. Here you can relax on the beach of Cala San Nicola, an intimate suggestive beach equipped with services.
Then return to the center of Favignana and enjoy a dinner at La Pinnata (average cost per person € 20,00). And for the evening enjoy a last walk along the seafront or a drink in the town's bars. From tomorrow back to reality.
- Distance traveled: 11,2 km / 2 h 17 min
- Places visited: Cala del Preveto (free), Punta San Nicola (free), Cala Graziosa (free)
- Daily shopping: € 45,00
- Lunch at L'Alencio (Get directions), Dinner at La Pinnata (Get directions)
How much does a week cost in the Egadi Islands
NB: The prices expressed in the table above are to be intended "per person".
With the growth of tourism and its notoriety, Favignana and the Egadi they are not a completely cheap destination. Fortunately, the beaches are practically all public and if you travel by bicycle you will also save a lot on transport. What weighs heavily on the budget is the cost of accommodation and meals, especially in restaurants. In the bars and small clubs you can eat cheaply. As in many trips, also in this case the way to save is always the same: book and organize your holiday in advance, in order to find the best prices.
- up to Trapani from € 50,00 - to Favignana you have to take the ferry (cost per person € 12,00 each way)
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 50,00 per room -
- Favignana and Levanzo: mini cruise Favignana and Levanzo: 1 day cruise from Trapani Private transfer: Palermo airport to Favignana
- Total cost of a week, flight included: from € 564,00 per person
Before leaving: useful tips
- When to visit the Egadi Islands: the summer, from May to September. In these months, despite the hot and sultry days, there is always a light breeze that refreshes the air. For a beach-only holiday, the best months are July, August and September. Precipitation, on the other hand, is concentrated in the winter period, from November to March
- it is possible to reach the Egadi Islands only by sea. You will then have to fly to Trapani and from there take one of the catamarans or hydrofoils of the Siremar and Liberty companies that connect the small archipelago to Sicily. You can buy your ticket on the spot at the ticket offices located at the port or, highly recommended option, book your ticket online before leaving, especially if you are in high season (cost per person € 12,00 each way)
- the main islands of the archipelago are three, namely Favignana, Levanzo and Marettimo. Favignana is the best known and the most touristic, the one with the most services and connections, it combines fun and relaxation with unspoiled nature. The second island is Levanzo, the smallest and most characteristic, perfect if you are looking for an authentic experience, here there are not even cars, you can travel by bike! Infinte Marettimo, completely wild, is perfect for day trips, not for staying, and for those who love trekking, thanks to the many paths present
- Getting around: forget about cars completely, in the Egadi islands you can travel on foot, by bicycle or by moped. It wouldn't even make sense to rent a car as Favignana, which is the largest island in the archipelago, has an area of only 19 square kilometers. Bike rental will cost you on average only € 5,00 per day and if you rent it for several days, the cost drops to € 4,00 per day. As for scooters, the prices are slightly higher: on average € 25,00 per day, renting directly for several days € 20,00 per day. To move between the various islands, you will necessarily have to use the ferries.