Ischia, the green island, is a truly wonderful place from every point of view and deserves a stay of at least a week to fully enjoy all its attractions.
But if you haveonly one day at your disposal and you intend to make a flash visit to Ischia, here is a small vademecum with the bare minimum for a visit to what is considered one of the most beautiful islands in the Mediterranean.
- Ischia in one day: Morning
- Ischia in one day: Afternoon
- Ischia in one day: Evening
- User questions and comments
Ischia in one day: Morning
Of course, the first thing that comes to mind on a visit to Ischia is a tour of the island, we therefore advise you first of all as soon as you land, perhaps taking advantage of a beautiful sunny day, to take a tour of the island by sea in order to discover the best places hidden in each inlet.
There are many companies that do one every hour of the day starting from Ischia Porto, a place where among other things you will land with ferries or hydrofoils arriving from Naples, so after a good breakfast why not start right here?
If for any reason it is not possible to take a tour by sea, we recommend two alternative routes:
- take a tour in a tourist bus, always departing from Ischia Porto
- rent a scooter and go on an adventure to visit the six municipalities of the island and its natural beauties.
- Places visited: Tour by sea of the island (Get directions to Molo Traghetti)
- Naples to Ischia: one-way transport Ischia: half-day panoramic coach tour
- Where to have breakfast: Bar Calise - Via Antonio Sogliuzzo, Get directions
Ischia in one day: Afternoon
After a morning under the sun you will surely be a little tired, so it will be time to refresh yourself with an excellent fish-based lunch in one of the many sea view restaurants such as A moment of wine, The other midnight e O 'Purticciull.
All places highly recommended for those who want try the typical cuisine of the green island and eat the excellent fish caught in the area.
After lunch it will be the turn of an afternoon of intense relaxation in one of the wonderful thermal parks of the island where you can find saunas, thermal water springs, whirlpools and all in appropriate comfort.
Among the best thermal parks in Ischia we recommend the Castiglione Thermal Park. Other valid alternatives are the Poseidon Gardens, the thermal gardens of the Negombo park, the ancient Roman baths of Cavascura or the Olympus hydrothermal baths.
- Places visited: Visit to the Castiglione Thermal Park (Get directions). Price: Half day adults € 24,00 (€ 25,50 in August), Half day children from 2 to 12 years € 9,00.
- Ischia: 1 day of Castiglione Thermal Park
- Where to have lunch: Un Attimo Di Vino - Via Porto, Get directions
Ischia in one day: Evening
The Ischian evening is magical and full of suggestive places where you can dine, have an aperitif or have a drink by the sea.
The best place where spending an evening in Ischia can only be the Rive Droite, the right bank of the port of Ischia, a place where both young locals and tourists gather over a good post-dinner cocktail.
So, after having refreshed yourself from the tiring day around the green island, you can try the excellent Mojitos of Taverna Antonio, listen to some live music at the Drink't & Drank't or sip a glass in the superlative minimalist setting of Port 51 where you can also enjoy delicious snacks!
- Places visited: Rive Droite
- From Naples to Ischia: one way transport
- Where to dine: Porto51 Music Drinks Food - Via Porto, Get directions
Before leaving: useful tips
- the only way to reach the island is to arrive by sea by ferry or hydrofoil (Alilauro, Caremar, Medmar, Snav and Gestour companies). The ports from which ferries and hydrofoils leave for Ischia are those of Pozzuoli, Napoli Porta di Massa and Napoli Beverello.
- Walkability: Ischia is a moderately large island where there are several inhabited centers, transport is very frequent therefore, if you do not intend to arrive by car, know that you will find many buses that can take you to any place of interest.
- Weather: The climate is always temperate and obviously very hot in the months of July and August. The best months for a one-day visit to Ischia are April May June and then September and October, when the climate still allows swimming in the sea. But even in winter a day trip to Ischia can offer sun and mild temperatures.
- Living room: if you decide to extend your visit, consult our offers for stays in hotels in Ischia, you will surely find the one that suits your needs.