Hong Kong it is a fascinating destination, the exact point where east and west meet, where the modern metropolis coexists with tradition.
In addition, a veteran of English rule, it offers the possibility of having a glimpse of China without barriers linguistics.
If you are passing through this beautiful city, you can enjoy it a bit hectic but certainly pleasant.
- One day itinerary in Hong Kong: Morning
- One day itinerary in Hong Kong: Afternoon
- One day itinerary in Hong Kong: Evening
- User questions and comments
One day itinerary in Hong Kong: Morning
1 - Mui Wo
Depart Central at 8.30 am for Mui Wo: the New World First Ferry departs from Pier 6 and will take you to your destination in 50 minutes at a cost of HK $ 15.20 (approximately € 1,70). Mui Wo is one seaside resort on the island of Lantau made up of a small stable population of expatriates and experienced by many tourists.
Enjoy breakfast in a "tsa tsa teng"like China Bear for about HK $ 30 per person (€ 3,30). The local cuisine is a mix of Western and Chinese cuisine and breakfast is made with" yeen yeung "a hot, very strong and sweet drink, made with half part tea and half coffee, served with spaghetti in chicken broth with strips of ham or with spicy beef noodles.
2 - Po Lin Monastery, Ngong Ping village
Take a bus from Mui Wo to Ngong Ping (New Lantao Bus leaves at 10.30 and costs HK $ 17.20, about € 2) and reach the Po Lin Monastery, open daily from 10 to 17.45: here you can see the giant stuatua of Tian Tan Buddha. Just a 5-minute walk away you will find Ngong Ping village, a themed reconstruction in perfect Chinese architecture, where you will also find small shops and cafes.
At the end of your visit, take the Ngong Ping 360 cable car which for HK $ 105 (€ 11,50) will take you to Tung Chung, from there take the MTR subway to Jordan via Lai King (cost HK $ 16, € 1,75).
- Distance traveled: 46 km / 1 h 16 min
- places visited: Po Lin Monastery (free), giant Tian Tan Buddha statue (free), Ngong Ping village (free)
- Lantau guided tour including transportation (Po Lin Monastery, Ngong Ping Village)
- where to have breakfast: China Bear, G / F, Mui Wo Center, 3 Ngan Wan Road, Mui Wo, Lantau Island
One day itinerary in Hong Kong: Afternoon
1 - History Museum in the Jordan Quarter
Using exit D of the subway, you will find yourself in the heart of Jordan, a neighborhood full of restaurants serving Cantonese "dim sum" cuisine. You can choose Yee Shun Milk Company and enjoy a kind of pork loin with sesame or simply a French toast. The cost of a quick lunch is less than € 10 per person.
In Jordan you can visit the Hong Kong Museum of History located on Austin Road. The museum is open every day, except Tuesdays, from 10 to 18 and opens starting from prehistoric times and then approaching more interesting times.
2 - Vicotria Harbor Ferry, Peak Tower
After your visit to the museum (which will steal you about 3 hours), take a walk of about 20 minutes to Tsim Sha Tsui and reach the Star Ferry pier, take the ferry that crosses Victoria Harbor towards Cental (HK $ 2.50, € 0,30): the journey is short and will give you a splendid visit to the coast. Once you disembark, take the New World First Bus 15C bus (HKS4.20, € 0,45) which takes you to the Peak tram connection in 10 minutes. The funicular ticket costs HK $ 75 (€ 8) and includes admission to Sky Terrace 428 and will take you through some of the most luxurious residential areas in the world. Once at your destination, hop on Sky Tower 428 and enjoy the view of Victoria Harbor illuminated by the lights of the skyscrapers.
- Distance traveled: 7,1 km / 1 h 52 min
- places visited: Hong Kong Museum of History (HK $ 10, € 1; students HK $ 5, € 0,50; Wednesday free; Sunday extended hours until 19pm); Peak tram + Sky Terrace 428 (HK $ 75, € 8).
- Panoramic tram tour
- where to have lunch: Yee Shun Milk Company, 63 Pilkem St, Jordan, Hong Kong
One day itinerary in Hong Kong: Evening
1 - Dinner in Mong Kok
To get off, take minibus 1 (HK $ 9.8, € 1,07) to the Peddar Street stop of the MTR and take the subway to Mong Kok (HK $ 11, € 1,20). Mong Kok part of the city that never stops, where it is extremely easy to find places for dinner, such as Lei Garden where you can enjoy soups, barbeques, Chinese ravioli and seafood for a cost of around € 25 per person.
2 - Temple Street Night Market
After dinner, take a 15-minute walk to the Temple Street night market near the subway stop Yau Ma Tei, and wander around the stalls.
- Distance traveled: 12,6 km / 3 h 4 min
- places visited: Mong Kok, Temple Street, Temple Street Night Market
- Hong Kong Night Tour
- where to dine: Lei Garden - Tsim Sha Tsui East, Houston Center, 63 Mody Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Before leaving: useful tips
- Wear light clothing suitable for the season: Hong Kong is located in a subtropical area and therefore boasts mild winters and very hot and torrid summers. Bring a light sweatshirt or scarf with you to use indoors, where the air conditioning is usually very high
- Wear sneakers: the walking pace is fast; sports shoes will allow you to move comfortably
- Bring a k-way or rain poncho with you: if you travel between May and September you will encounter the rainy season
- Take advantage of the accommodation offers: If you decide to extend your vacation, take a look at our offers for hotel stays in Hong Kong
What not to see: the attractions that are better to give up
With only one day at your disposal, some very interesting attractions will have to be cut out of your tour for a simple matter of timing:
- Lantau peak: the climb takes over an hour and it would take you more than an hour and a half to get back to the center
- Hong Kong Space Museum: unless you are an astronomy enthusiast
- IFC Mall: it is true that inside there is a two-story Apple Store, but it still remains yet another shopping center
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking