Fuerteventura is a Canary Island located in the Atlantic Ocean, off the coast of Africa, and belonging to Spain. The capital of the island is Puerto del Rosario. It presents a varied territory, the inland areas are mainly mountainous and arid, while the coast is characterized by kilometers of pristine beaches. On the other hand the island of Fuerteventura is famous for its beaches and water sports, such as surfing and diving.
Are you thinking of the Canary Islands as your next destination? Here then what to see in Fuerteventura in 7 days!
- 1 day
- 2 day
- 3 day
- 4 day
- 5 day
- 6 day
- 7 day
- How much does a week cost in Fuerteventura
- Before leaving: useful tips
- User questions and comments
The first day on the island is an opportunity to stop in one of the main tourist destinations of Fuerteventura, namely the town of Corralejo, located in the far north. It is a popular destination for lovers of the sea and those who practice windsurfing and kitesurfing, given the exposure to the wind of this beach.
In the morning we advise you to reach the Parque Natural de Corralejo, overlooking the ocean and where the Grandes Playas are located, an immense series of beaches bathed by crystal clear waters, this place is a real paradise.
You can have lunch at Chiringuito Grandes Playas (average cost per person € 15,00), and then continue south and visit the small individual beaches that form the Grandes Playas, starting from Playa del Médano, Playa de los Matos, Playa Larga, Playa del Viejo, Playa del Pozo, Playa Bajo Negro. Choose the one that suits you best and spend a few hours in complete relaxation!
The town of Corralejo it also boasts a vibrant nightlife, the best in Fuerteventura. Most of the restaurants are located on the main streets of the center. In the evening, reach this place and stop for dinner at I 3 Calici to drink an excellent Italian prosecco and a good plate of pasta (average cost per person € 30,00).
- Distance traveled: 12 km / 17 min by car
- Places visited: Parque Natural de Corralejo (free), Grandes Playas Corralejo (free)
- Daily shopping: € 45,00
- Corralejo: safari tour aboard a quad or buggy
- lunch at Chiringuito Grandes Playas (Get directions), dinner at I 3 Calici (Get directions)
Puerto del Rosario is the capital of Fuerteventura and a port city of incredible charm. It is located along the east coast of the island and over time it has become an important trading port that preserves traditional style buildings and areas with modern tourist infrastructures.
In the morning we advise you to visit the historic city center with the Parroquia de Nuestra Senora del Rosario and the Miguel de Unamuno House Museum. The latter is open from Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 14:00, admission is free.
For lunch you can stop at Casa Tono Restaurante (average cost per person € 20,00) and then reach the seafront where the Parque Escultorico, an area of Puerto del Rosario rich in open-air art, here there are sculptures and murals to admire and photograph, it is accessible 24 hours a day.
In the evening you could continue to enjoy the city, with its characteristic whitewashed houses, in the Centro de Arte Juan Ismael area and have dinner at Restaurante El Cangrejo Colorado (average cost per person € 20,00).
- Distance traveled: 1,9 km / 23 min
- Places visited: Parroquia de Nuestra Senora del Rosario (free), Casa Museo Miguel de Unamuno (free), Parque Escultorico (free)
- Daily shopping: € 40,00
- lunch at Casa Tono Restaurante (Get directions), dinner at Restaurante El Cangrejo Colorado (Get directions)
Caleta de Fuste is another place very popular with tourists. It is located on the east coast of Fuerteventura, very close to the airport and the capital Puerto del Rosario. It is also a choice to stay due to the peaceful atmosphere and the calm sea.
In the morning you can reach the town and, being very small, dedicate yourself to strolling through its streetsamidst luxury hotels and resorts, numerous shops and restaurants. Reach the Castillo, always accessible and free. Then you could also stop at the Centro Comercial Montecastillo for a few hours of shopping, from which you can admire the sea and the surrounding areas. This place is full of restaurants than clothing stores, stop for lunch at Bollywood Spices, a restaurant with typical Indian cuisine (average cost per person € 15,00).
In the afternoon we advise you to continue south and stop at Hornos de Cal de la Guirra, a tourist attraction located very close to Playa de la Guirra and the port of Caleta de Fuste. These are industrial ovens characterized by masonry walls up to 3 meters thick. About 10 minutes by car is the Salt Museum Salinas del Carmen, open from 9:30 to 17:30, it will make you experience a historical journey that takes up the fundamental stages of the salt marshes of the island of Fuerteventura.
You can then stop for dinner at Restaurante Los Caracolitos (average cost per person € 20,00).
For the evening, head back towards the center of Caleta de Fuste and reach Paseo Maritimo Promenade, which is nothing more than a kilometer-long walk along the bay. But here the simple walk will be unforgettable, in fact you will come across the Great Wall of Chipmunkmania, where many small squirrels will run between your feet in search of food or a caress.
- Distance traveled: 10,6 km / 2 h 10
- Places visited: Castillo (free), Centro Comercial Montecastillo (free), Hornos de Cal de la Guirra (free), Salt Museum Salinas del Carmen (€ 6,00), Paseo Maritimo Promenade (free), The Great Wall of Chipmunkmania (free)
- Daily shopping: € 41,00
- lunch at Bollywood Spices (Get directions), dinner at Restaurante Los Caracolitos (Get directions)
The village of Morro Jable is a jewel of the island. It means fishing village and, together with nearby Jandia, they are among the largest tourist centers of Fuerteventura. A large clear beach with fine sand is the main attraction of the area, behind which stretches of protected salt marshes extend.
In the morning we advise you to visit the old town of Morro Jable, which boasts traditional restaurants and craft shops. Also visit the Turtle Nursery, a turtle conservation center, free and open only in the mornings from 10:00 to 13:00.
Here you can have lunch at Restaurante Piccola Italia with an excellent pizza (average cost per person € 15,00).
After continue towards the beach with the crystal clear sea, chosen by many families to spend their holidays due to its location protected from ocean currents. Here you can relax and maybe take a bath, he comes also practiced snorkeling and diving.
In the evening you can continue reaching the seafront of the nearby Playa de Jandia, and dine at the Restaurante Salvaje, the dishes are treated in detail, from taste to presentation (average cost per person € 20,00).
- Distance traveled: 4 km / 52 min
- Places visited: old town (free), Turtle Nursery (free), Playa Morro Jable (free), Playa de Jandia (free)
- Daily shopping: € 35,00
- lunch at Restaurante Piccola Italia (Get directions), dinner at Restaurante Salvaje (Get directions)
Another beach among the most famous of the Canary Islands is Playa de Sotavento, located along the southeast coast of Fuerteventura. The turquoise waters of this beach are subject to tides, when it is low tide the sand gives life to small dunes, while at high tide small shallow pools of salt water are created. As the name suggests, this location is subject to wind waves that they favor sports such as kitesurfing and windsurfing.
Start the morning admiring the landscape from Mirador De Sotavento, a panoramic terrace. Then leave the car in the nearby parking and reach the first entrance of this long beach, that is Risco del Paso, tourists appreciate it very much, it is considered one of the most beautiful of the whole island of Fuerteventura. We recommend that you bring your own lunch if you want to spend the day on the beach, as this area is characterized by unspoiled nature and there is a lack of restaurants and clubs.
In the afternoon continue towards the neighboring one Playa Lagoon beach.
End the day by moving in the nearby town of Costa Calma, a beautiful seaside location. Here you can stop for dinner at La Taberna el Camino, located near the beach and where you can taste excellent dishes (average cost per person € 10,00).
- Distance traveled: 11,4 km / 19 min by car
- Places visited: Mirador De Sotavento (free), Playa Risco del Paso (free), Playa Lagoon (free)
- Daily shopping: € 10,00
- 1 day tour of the southern area
- packed lunch, dinner at La Taberna el Camino (Get directions)
For your sixth day of this week you can leave the island of Fuerteventura and reach that of Lobos, located to the north. Book your return ferry from Corralejo directly online for € 15,00. We advise you to take the one that leaves at 10:00, in order to have more time to enjoy the landscapes of the hinterland and the beaches of this exceptional protected natural area.
In the morning reach the meeting point, which is the port of Corralejo, board the ferry that will take you to Lobos Island and enjoy this 15 minute trip. Once you land, visit the natural park, which is home to 130 plant species, a variety of bird species and beautiful beaches. In the morning you could dedicate it to visit the Las Lagunitas reserve.
For lunch, go back to the ferry terminal area and stop by Chiringuito Lobos Antonito El Farero (average cost per person € 20,00), the only restaurant on the island so you must book in the morning too!
Then continue enjoying some time on the beach, perhaps in the Playa de la Caleta and Playa De La Concha De Lobos. If, on the other hand, you are in the mood for a bit of trekking, you can explore the different areas of the islet made up of 6 square km of landscapes and unspoiled nature.
The return time of the ferry can be agreed, the last one leaves at 18:00 so you have the possibility to return to your accommodation in the evening. For convenience, you can stop for dinner in a restaurant near the port of Corralejo, perhaps at the Los Compadres restaurant (average cost per person € 15,00).
- Distance traveled: 4,8 km / 58 min
- Places visited: round trip ferry to Lobos (€ 15,00), Las Lagunitas reserve (free), Playa de la Caleta and Playa De La Concha De Lobos (free)
- Daily shopping: about € 45,00 per person
- Lobos Island: Round-Trip Ferry from Corralejo Dolphin Half-Day Tour Lobos Island Diving & Snorkeling
- lunch at Chiringuito Lobos Antonito El Farero (Get directions), dinner at Los Compadres (Get directions)
The last day in Fuerteventura can be dedicated to the towns of Tarajalejo and nearby Giniginamar, which are located along the east coast of the island. So enjoy one a day of total relaxation among beautiful beaches!
In the morning you can reach the small typical village of Giniginamar and immerse yourself in its streets until you reach the beach, the Playa de Giniginamar. It is a very quiet and uncrowded beach.
In the afternoon, ten minutes by car, you can go towards Tarajalejo and have lunch at the typical Mediterranean cuisine restaurant La Barraca (average cost per person € 20,00).
Then touch the Playa Negra which, as the name suggests, is famous for being characterized by black sand of volcanic origin. This beach is particularly popular with locals.
To conclude, in the evening, as well as enjoying the streets of this town, you can stop for dinner at Restaurante Adeyu and enjoy a good pizza (average cost per person € 20,00).
- Distance traveled: 15,7 km / 23 min by car
- Places visited: Playa de Giniginamar (free), Playa Negra de Tarajalejo (free)
- Daily shopping: about € 40,00 per person
- lunch at La Barraca (Get directions), dinner at Restaurante Adeyu (Get directions)
How much does a week cost in Fuerteventura
NB: The prices expressed in the table above are to be intended "per person".
Fuerteventura offers many low cost possibilities, starting from accommodation to restaurants. Furthermore, being an island mainly characterized by beaches, there are not many attractions to visit, such as museums or art galleries. A tip we give you regarding transport, it is convenient to rent a car to get around the island of Fuerteventura in complete tranquility, with a cost of about € 100,00 for seven days!
- starting from € 90,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 50,00 per room -
- 3 hour dune buggy tour entrance ticket to Oasis Park cultural tour and tapas
- Total cost of a week, flight included: from € 620,00 per person
Before leaving: useful tips
- When to visit Fuerteventura: from June to October perfect weather, in general all year round temperatures are around 20 ° cn minimum of about 14 ° - find out more
- the airport is located on the east coast, 5 km from the capital Puerto del Rosario, with direct connections from Italy. From the airport to get around there are buses, taxis and car rental (recommended)
- there are solutions for all needs and budgets. The best areas are along the coast, we recommend Corralejo, Caleta de Fuste or Morro Jable
- Getting around: the island must be visited and discovered independently, so renting a car is ideal. Alternatively, there is no shortage of local buses and they are cheap, around € 4,00.
- Recommended cards and passes: there are no passes for the island, but you can find many offers regarding experiences and activities to do, such as the trekking tour in the north part, or the dolphin tours on the island of Lobos