When it comes to heaven on earth, the Seychelles are definitely among the top spots! Impossible not to have ever thought of wanting to drop everything and fly to these wonderful islands for a holiday full of sea, beach and relaxation. But which island to choose? Mahé for example is a 'excellent destination as the largest island of the archipelago, well connected to Italy and now well developed to accommodate tourists.
But like all tropical overseas destinations, there are some details that are better to know before booking, such as important information on the climate.
Below we have compiled everything you need to know about for you Mahé: where is it, when to go and what to see!
- Travel informed: useful information
- Where it is
- When to go? Info on climate and best time
- 10 things to see: beaches and places of interest
- What to do in Mahé: excursions and tours
- How much does a holiday on Mahé cost? Prices, offers and advice
- User questions and comments
- Request a personalized quote
Travel informed: useful information
- Inhabitants: 70.828
- Main town: Port Victoria
- Languages: English, French, Creole
- Local currency: Rupee (SCR) / € 1,00 = SCR 15,10
- Weather: tropical humid, characterized by a sultry and rainy season from November to March and a dry season, slightly cooler, from June to September; temperatures are high all year round around 25/27 °
- Time zone: GMT + 3 (+2 hours ahead of Italy when daylight saving time is in effect)
- vaccinations: the yellow fever vaccine is mandatory for those arriving from or having made a stopover in one of the countries at risk of transmission; antimalarial prophylaxis recommended
- Entry requirements: a passport and a return flight ticket to Italy are required
Where it is
The Seychelles are a archipelago of 115 islands which is located in the Indian Ocean, off the east coast of Africa, more precisely in correspondence with Kenya.
Mahé is themain island of this archipelago and is the southernmost of all the islands, as well as being the perfect island to base yourself on to discover everything else.
Who you will find the capital Victoria, some of the most beautiful beaches and the famous Morne Seychellois National Park.
How to reach us
- From the main European capitals: the European cities best connected to Mahé are Zurich, London and Frankfurt respectively served by Edelweiss, British Airways and Condor, always with an average of 13 hours of flight
When to go? Info on climate and best time
- Weather: tropical characterized by high humidity all year round, with a rainy season from November to March and a dry season from April to October. Temperatures always remain between 25 and 30 ° C and the sea temperature around 29 ° C
- Best time: from March to May is the hottest period, while from June to August is the driest and least sultry period
- Period to avoid: the rainy season in general, with particular attention from December to April for the formation of tropical cyclones
- Advice: before booking, carefully evaluate the period; bring light clothes, swimwear and sunscreen in your suitcase; an umbrella and a light waterproof jacket for rainy days
10 things to see: beaches and places of interest
- Anse Intendance it is the most famous and beautiful beach of the island, wild, formed by white sand and bordered by granite rocks. Between May and September the waves become particularly ideal for surfers!
- Anse Baleine it is a small beach in the south of Mahé frequented mainly by local people and tourists who want to relax. The waters are shallow and the waves low.
- Anse Bazarca it is a wild beach, also in the south of Mahé. Here the sea is deep and the waves high, but the context all around is one of the most beautiful to photograph thanks to the lush surrounding nature.
- Anse Boileau is a long bay on the west coast well equipped with shops, accommodation, restaurants and supermarkets. The waters are calm and the seabed shallow and perfect for snorkeling.
- Anse Bougainville is located in the southeast of the island. Even here the water is shallow, ideal for children, and has a precious and colorful coral reef to be explored.
- Anse aux Pins is a long bay on the east coast with shallow waters and crystal clear sea, surrounded by lush tropical vegetation and nearby shops, restaurants and a golf course
- Anse aux Poules Bleues is a small golden and deserted beach, characterized by the typical crystalline sea. It is not very busy because it lacks services, but naturally beautiful!
- Anse A La Mouche is a long white beach on the west coast that features crystal clear, shallow waters, ideal for families. It also offers wonderful sunsets!
- Morne Seychellois it is the largest national park in the entire archipelago, the perfect place to immerse yourself in nature among endemic plants and breathtaking views of the island's coasts. You can observe carnivorous plants, cinnamon plants, rubber trees, tea plantations and the smallest frogs in the world.
- Jardin Du Roi Spice Garden it is an interesting spice garden where you can admire and learn about various plantations. Inside there is also a shop where you can buy the best spices produced on site.
What to do in Mahé: excursions and tours
How much does a holiday on Mahé cost? Prices, offers and advice
A week in the Seychelles requires a minimum budget of at least € 1300,00. In proportion to all travel costs, the flight is the least expensive part and if booked in advance it can be found below € 500,00.
The accommodations instead follow standard rates established by the Ministry of Tourism therefore there is not much choice between more and less economic accommodations, but everything depends on the services offered and the period of stay with prices starting from € 50,00 per night for a standard room without services.
To save a little you simply have to avoid periods that coincide with holidays and the Italian holidays (December, January, July and August), but luckily the climate of Mahé allows for beach life in any season, so the problem does not arise!
Other travel costs to consider are the excursions with prices between € 80,00 and € 100,00 and the restaurants in which a two-course meal costs from € 30,00 to € 50,00. The ideal would therefore be to opt for a flight + hotel package with full board to save on meals. These solutions have costs around € 1100,00 in mid-season.
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 54,00 per room -
- starting from € 486,00 -
- Custom quote: to request a personalized quote