Legoland is one chain of theme amusement parks based on the famous LEGO toys.
The parks are designed for families with children up to 11, although there are also roller coasters among the attractions.
Many of the rides are built as if they were made with the particular bricks. For example, one of the popular attractions in all parks is the Dragon Coaster, based on the Kingdom of the Knights (a particular "series" of bricks). Another attraction is the driving school, where kids can drive electric cars that look like LEGO cars, and then get a souvenir driving license as well.
The chain currently includes 10 parks, the largest in the world is Legoland Florida, opened on October 15, 2011, with it contains two parks: the theme park and the water park.
Here is useful info, prices and tips for visiting Legoland in Florida!
- Where is it and how to get there
- Opening time
- Cost of tickets
- Where to sleep: Legoland Hotels and Resorts
- Where to sleep nearby
- Useful tips for visiting Legoland
- Legoland attractions and shows
- Where to eat in Legoland
- User questions and comments
Where is it and how to get there
The closest city to the amusement park is Orlando, Orlando International Airport is 18 km from downtown. Precisely the Legoland Florida is located in Winter Haven, precisely in Florida, 45 minutes from Tampa and Orlando.
The easiest way to reach the amusement park is by car, if you decide to rent one, the park offers parking. You can book a seat online for around $ 30 (€ 27,21) for one day. The alternative would be the shuttle service made available by Legoland, reservations for the bus must be made 24 hours in advance and before 11:00. But let's see the details below:
- By car: this is the most convenient way to reach the park, as it is 80 km from the city of Orlando, and the journey time is about 45 minutes - Get directions
- By bus: Shuttle departing from the city of Orlando costs $ 5 per person (plus tax), departure time is 9:00 am, return departs when amusement park closes
- By taxi: You will reach Legoland from the city of Orlando in a minimum time of 45 minutes and it will cost you about $ 115 (€ 104,30)
The park's opening hours vary depending on the day of the week and the time of year, but generally they run from 10:00 to 17:00 - 18:00 in the winter and from 10:00 to 18:00 - 19:00 in the summer months.
It may be closed on some Wednesdays during the low season, but from March to August it is open every day.
Tickets can be purchased in advance (buy online) and you can choose between different options, they can only include the LEGO park or even the Water Park, and can be one or more days. Legoland offers some promotions to save on admission tickets.
Cost of tickets
- Cost of 1 day / 1 park ticket: For adults and children: $ 84,99 (€ 77,09) each
- Ticket cost 1 day / 2 parks: For adults and children: $ 109,99 (€ 99,76) each
- Family packages (hotel + entrance ticket): Starting at $ 123 (€ 111,56) per person. For more info visit the official website
Where to sleep: Legoland Hotels and Resorts
- Legoland Beach Retreat: prices starting from $ 430,99 (€ 390,91), include one night in the hotel + admission for 2 days.
- Legoland Florida Hotel: prices starting from $ 580,99 (€ 526,96), include one night in the hotel + admission for 2 days.
Where to sleep nearby
Around Legoland Florida, a Winter Haven, there are numerous hotels and resorts where you can stay, for example the Winter Haven Gardens Inn and Banquet Center 7km from the amusement park, one night at this hotel from € 43 ($ 47,41) per person.
You can consult the wide choice you have for overnight stays by clicking here.
Useful tips for visiting Legoland
- Best time: if you want to make the most of the park, bring your swimsuit and plan your trip between March and October, the climate in Florida is quite mild most of the year with peaks of 27 degrees even in October
- Better times and days: it is necessary to know that between 13:00 and 15:00, especially on weekends, the park is more crowded. Legoland Florida is quieter during the fall and winter, with the exception of the Christmas period
- Minimum recommended time: 2 days are more than enough to enjoy the best experiences in the park
- Download the official app: it will allow you to better plan your stay inside the park. You can buy tickets and consult them whenever you want, you will have the map directly from your phone
- Discounts and benefits: with Orlando CityPASS you can access various discounts and offers for Legoland Florida, and if you want also for other parks that the state is famous for - Website
- Other useful tips: it is very important to remember that almost all rides have minimum height limits, sometimes it is possible for children to have the accompaniment of an adult but in other cases they will not be allowed to access the carousel. In addition, bringing packed lunches is not allowed for families and glass containers are prohibited
Legoland attractions and shows
The Legoland amusement park offers different rides and shows for all tastes, here are some of the most popular attractions to try:
- Safari Trek: for animal lovers it is perfect, it is a ride on a zebra car to admire robot animals made entirely with LEGO bricks that move just like real ones
- Royal Joust: Riding a LEGO horse you will take a ride in the medieval forest and admire enchanted beasts and brave knights
- The Dragon Coaster: Take on this roller coaster on a giant and friendly green dragon
- MINILAND USA: Here you can visit California, Las Vegas, Washington and New York City in one day. This attraction is home to more than 32 million LEGO bricks
- 4-D Theater: 4 seat 700-D cinema where you can watch films about the LEGO world
- Pirate's Cove Live Water Ski Show: Help Miranda Valentina defeat the evil Captain Brickbeard and stop her crew from taking back the loot
Where to eat in Legoland
Legoland offers the possibility to eat inside the park, in fact, there is a number of restaurants with specialty burgers, pizza, ice cream, and desserts, where restaurateurs are completely identified with the LEGO world: the ice cream makers are dressed as firemen, and the burger workers are workers! Some of these places loved by children are the Burger Kitchen and the Firehouse Ice Cream.
Haven't booked your flight and hotel yet? Check out our offers!
- starting from € 308,00 -
- hotel and B&B starting from € 40,00 per night -