Gardaland is one of the best known amusement parks present on the Italian territory and is located right near the south-eastern shore of Lake Garda, in the municipality of Castelnuovo del Garda. Among attractions for young and old, different themed areas and shows of all kinds, you should know that you can also visit the Gardaland SEA LIFE Aquarium and the LEGOLAND® Water Park Gardaland thanks to a series of combined tickets. What if you want to stay and sleep? No problem, the park also has 3 hotels located right in its immediate vicinity, which have many very special and themed rooms.
Everything in this park has a magical and unique flavor and you cannot fail to visit it at least once in your life! Read on to find out how organize a perfect visit to Gardaland amusement park: info, prices and useful tips!
- Where is it and how to get there
- Opening time
- Cost of tickets
- Where to sleep: Gardaland Hotels and Resorts
- Where to sleep nearby
- Useful tips for visiting Gardaland
- Gardaland attractions and shows
- Where to eat in Gardaland
- Historical notes, curiosities and practical info: what to know in brief
- User questions and comments
Where is it and how to get there
L'Valerio Catullo airport it is the closest to the amusement park, in fact it is only 15 km from the latter and is the reference one. Gabriele D'Annunzio Airport in Montichiari (BS), on the other hand, is about 30 km away.
- By car: 147 km from Milan (via A4), 270 km from Turin (via A4), 264 km from Genoa (via A21 / E70), 142 km from Venice (via A4 / E70), 289 km from Trieste (via E70), 88 km from Trento (via A22 / E45), 157 km from Bologna (via A1 / E35), 245 km from Florence (via A1 / E35) - Get directions
- By train: up to Peschiera del Garda (2 km from the park) with the Trenord Milan-Brescia-Verona or Trenitalia Milan-Venice lines. From there, a free shuttle bus leaves every 30 minutes (first ride 30 minutes before park opening time, last ride 30 minutes after closing time). From your city, you can arrive by train to Verona and from there the regional train to Peschiera del Garda (€ 3,60)
- By bus: from Verona bus 164 (towards Garda) stop "Gardaland" (50 min, ticket € 2,00). The park is also connected by direct Flixbus buses to various Italian cities, for example Milan (€ 4,99), Novara (€ 9,99), Venice (€ 7,99), Turin (€ 13,99), Trento ( € 4,99)
- By plane: from Verona airport (22 km) bus 199 to Verona (ticket € 6,00) and then line 164 towards Garda (ticket € 2,00). Alternatively from the Montichiari di Brescia Airport (44 km) aerobus and then the regional train to Peschiera del Garda (ticket € 4,80)
The park always opens at 10:00 in the morning, while as regards theclosing time varies from month to month, also based on special openings, such as the Magic Winter during the Christmas period or in October for the Halloween Party. You can find all the exact information directly on the official website in the calendar section. Below you can find a general overview of the timetables:
Cost of tickets
* Reductions for children under the age of 10, adults over the age of 60, Italian soldiers, self-sufficient people with disabilities and their companion. Free for children under 1 meter in height and non self-sufficient disabled people.
Where to sleep: Gardaland Hotels and Resorts
The hotels managed directly by the park are 3: Gardaland Hotel, Gardaland Adventure Hotel and Gardaland Magic Hotel, each of them is different from the other!
Gardaland Hotel overlooks a suggestive internal garden and offers 218 rooms equipped with every comfort, also perfect for adults, of which 29 are themed. Gardaland Adventure Hotel offers 100 rooms, each of which is themed according to 4 settings: Arabian, Artic, Jungle and Wild West, perfect for all adventure lovers. Finally, the Gardaland Magic Hotel, equipped with 128 rooms, is entirely themed: you will find themed rooms with an Enchanted Forest, Magic Crystal or Great Wizard.
Thanks to this vast and varied offer, everyone, absolutely everyone, will be satisfied !!
- Gardaland Hotel: prices starting from € 140,00 per person
- Gardaland Adventure Hotel: prices starting from € 180,00 per person
- Gardaland Magic Hotel: prices starting from € 150,00 per person
Where to sleep nearby
However, there are also numerous hotels around the park. The whole coast of the lake and the surrounding areas are rich in tourist reception facilities: you could for example opt for the Castelnuovo del Garda area with prices starting from € 48,00 per person. This location is perfect as it is about 7 minutes drive from the amusement park.
However, the area of Peschiera del Garda should not be underestimated, which is about 5 minutes by car and is connected by a free shuttle to the park, prices for overnight stays starting from € 30,00 per person - Hotels and b & b from € 30,00 per room
Useful tips for visiting Gardaland
We recommend that you visit Gardaland on weekdays, in fact, you will avoid running into high queues at the typical weekend and holiday attractions. Go to the park entrance at least 30 minutes before it opens and wear comfortable clothing, bringing a k-way with you in case of rain.
Another tip is to avoid eating during peak hoursInstead, you prefer to use the time slot between 12:00 and 14:00 to go to the attractions that would usually be very crowded at other times of the day, so only then go to the places you like most to eat something.
Finally, by purchasing combined tickets, you can also visit the beautiful Gardaland SEA LIFE Aquarium, a beautiful aquarium where you can learn about the sea and marine species, and the LEGOLAND® Water Park Gardaland, the water park at Gardaland Resort!
- Best time: the spring one as there will certainly be less attendance (therefore less long lines for attractions); moreover, even the month of December is not to be underestimated, in fact you can attend the Magic Winter, a moment in which the park is decorated to celebrate Christmas and low temperatures reduce the turnout
- Better times and days: prefer weekdays and go early in the morning (around 09:30) to the park entrance to avoid having to wait long lines; the only official entrance is that of the ticket offices, located on Via Derna 4
- Minimum recommended time: half a day is the minimum time to do at least the main attractions of the park, but given the cost of the entrance ticket and the large number of attractions it is recommended to use the whole day
- Download the official app: it is really very useful because you can organize your day "tailored" thanks to the planner, thus discovering all the points of interest. In addition, you can keep up to date on the waiting times of the attractions and on all the shows of the day. You can buy tickets online and take advantage of various discounts
- Skip the line: Gardaland Express is a system that will allow you to shorten waiting times at the most important attractions in the park. It can only be purchased at the Gardaland Express Point and in particular at the park ticket offices, in the Camelot Area, in Piazzale Mammut, in Piazza Ramses, at InfoWest and at the Gardaland Hotel Reception. The Express entrance of an attraction is marked with a sign bearing the "Gardaland Express" logo
- Clothing: comfortable comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended, possibly a k-way and a small bag where you can put all the essentials. Maybe even a change if you intend to do the water rides
- Guests with disabilities: they have the possibility of having a Park Guide designed for their needs and that can be collected at the Welcome Desk reserved for guests with special needs, which can be reached after parking and walking the underpass (the entrance located on the side of the Castle input)
- Pets: even animal friends can enter the park by following some simple rules. Dogs must be kept on a leash, in general animals cannot attend the shows or go on the attractions
- Gardaland SEA LIFE Aquarium: beautiful aquarium with 13 different settings spread over 40 tanks, over 5.000 specimens of 100 species. It allows you to live unforgettable experiences such as the Night in the Aquarium, a day as a Lions where you can meet the Sea Lions or face to face with sharks. All experiences must be booked in advance on the official website
- LEGOLAND® Water Park Gardaland: water park which can be accessed by purchasing the combined ticket. Packed with interactive water games, slides, lego games and themed areas. Highlights include Miniland, LEGO River Adventure, Beach Party and Dublo Splash
Gardaland attractions and shows
This park offers the opportunity to be able to enjoy experiences suitable for all ages, both children and adults can have fun and spend a day just full of fun. Inside Gardaland there are many attractions and they are divided into three macro-areas: the Fantasy, the Adventure and the Adrenaline.
The Fantasy area is dedicated to children and inside you will find, for example, the Prezzemolo Land with its magical atmosphere and the medieval castle, the Baby Canoe, the Flying Island, Kung Fu Panda Academy, Saltomatto and much more. In the Adventure area you will find attractions for all ages including Colorado Boat, Escape from Atlantis or Jungle Rapids. Finally, for thrill seekers, we have the third Adrenaline area, where you will find Blue Tornado, Shaman, Raptor, Sequoia Adventure and many others.
Also, don't forget that shows and performances are also themed and are organized throughout the day. The list is really long and they are held in the specific areas and theaters of the Park.
Below we list the most interesting attractions:
- Colorado Boat: very popular in the summer, it expects its visitors to face a journey, overcoming climbs, curves, obstacles, aboard log-shaped canoes between the falls of the Colorado River
- Escape from Atlantis: another water attraction where the bravest visitors face two breathtaking descents, caves and waterfalls aboard barges
- Mammoth: specially designed for families with children, it is a maximum of 14 meters high so it is an adrenaline rush… but not too much!
- Ramses - The Awakening: interactive dark ride set in the Abu Simbel temple, here visitors will have to do a battle with laser weapons with which they will have to hit the targets scattered among mummies, tombs and traps
- Oblivion: The Black Hole: a real 'must' of the amusement park, it was the first dive coaster in Italy, it is 42,5 meters high and can reach speeds of almost 100 km / h!
Where to eat in Gardaland
From the Gluten Free Kiosk, to the Trattoria Capitan Hook where you can taste excellent grilled meat or gourmet pizzas, to the Hacienda Miguel where you can taste real Mexican foods, at Gardaland you can find clubs, pizzerias, restaurants for all tastes and with truly unique locations.
Among all the fantastic Prezzemolo Land Play Bar is recommended, especially for families with small children and at snack time: you can spend some relaxing moments inside a fairytale medieval castle that also offers wet slides in which to have fun. Then, the flagship of catering in Gardaland is certainly the Locanda del Corsaro Nero: it is located near the I Corsari attraction and offers a menu with first and second courses of the highest quality, both meat and fish, as well as a menu for the little ones. Finally, Gardaland has also thought of lovers of medieval antiquity with the local Merlin Stube: you enter a Stube where you can eat in the company of medieval music and costumes, here you must absolutely try the Birramisù.
Historical notes, curiosities and practical info: what to know in brief
This park was founded in 1975 and already in mid-80s it became the most famous paco in Italy. This was also due to the fact that it was used as a set for the filming of the theme song of the famous children's program Bim Bum Bam, which was very popular in those years.
In 2005, Forbes magazine included Gardaland park in the ranking of the ten amusement parks in the world with a large turnover and precisely acquires the fifth place, in 2013 it is classified as eighth among the parks in europe with the most visitors ever.
Haven't booked your flight and hotel yet? Check out our offers!
- starting from € 61,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 40,00 per room -
Most Interesting Articles
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking