There are those who wait for the Carnival all year round, those who wear a mask even before, and even after, and those who hear "Carnival" and immediately think "Venice". We, of course, address everyone a little, but with particular dedication to the last category!
The Venice Carnival is really a must for fans of this anniversary. These days the Venetian capital becomes the navel of the world, it becomes the capital of folklore and pride of Italy.
If you want to participate in the Venice Carnival 2021, here is all the necessary info!
- Edition 2021: the dates
- Schedule of events
- Take part in the Venice Carnival 2021: flight and hotel offers
- User questions and comments
Edition 2021: the dates
- Start: Saturday 8 February, 19:00 - Venetian festival on the water - Rio di Cannaregio
- FINE: Tuesday 25 February, 17:00 - Svolo del Leon - Piazza San Marco
Il Venice Carnival it will start on Saturday 8 February at 19:00, with the "Venetian Festival on the water", as Grand Opening at the Rio di Cannaregio; to sanction the end Tuesday 25 February will be the Closing Party, as tradition dictates, with the Svolo del Leon, at 17:00 in Piazza San Marco.
Schedule of events
This year the Artistic direction is entrusted to Massimo Checchetto, and the central theme of the 2010 Carnival will be The Game, Love and Madness. Here is the program of events:
- Saturday 8 February: Venetian festival on the water - First part, Rio Cannaregio - 18:00
- Sunday 9 February: Venetian festival on the water - Second Part, Rio di Cannaregio - 11 am
- Saturday 15 February: Procession and feast of the Marys, Via Garibaldi - 14 pm
- From Saturday 15th to Tuesday 25th February: Dinner & Ball - Official Gala Dinner and Ball, Ca 'Vendramin Calergi - 21 pm
- Saturday 15, Sunday 16, and from Thursday 20 to Tuesday 25 February: Mestre Carnival Street Show, Piazza Ferretto (Mestre) - 16 pm
- Sunday 16 February: The flight of the angel, Piazza San Marco - 12:00
- From Sunday 16 to Wednesday 19 February: Contest of the most beautiful mask - daily contest, Piazza San Marco - 11:00
- From Thursday 20 to Saturday 22 February: Competition of the most beautiful mask - qualification for the final, Piazza San Marco - 11:00
- From Thursday 20 to Sunday 23 February: Carnival of Burano, Burano - 15:00
- Saturday 22 February: Parade of floats in Marghera, Piazza Mercato, Marghera (Venice) - 15 pm
- Sunday 23 February: Competition of the most beautiful mask - Grand finale, Piazza San Marco - 14:30
- Sunday 23 February: The Flight of the Donkey, Piazza Ferretto (Mestre) - 11 pm
- Sunday 23 February: The Flight of the Eagle, Piazza San Marco - 12:00
- Monday 24 February: Competition of the most beautiful mask - Children's edition, Piazza San Marco - 11:00
- Tuesday 25 February: Zelarino Children's Carnival, Zelarino - 14 pm
- Tuesday 25 February: Award ceremony of the Maria of the Carnival, Piazza San Marco - 16:00
- Tuesday 25 February: The Svolo del Leon, Piazza San Marco - 17:00
Take part in the Venice Carnival 2021: flight and hotel offers
To participate in the coolest carnival in Europe, the password is only one: plan ahead! Not only because prices will rise significantly, but because materially there is the risk of no longer finding any availability! A small tip is to prefer a hotel in Mestre, very close and well connected to Venice: the savings could be considerable!
You still have time? Find out now, consult the accommodation offers and flights to Venice for the Carnival!
- Hotel and b & b in Venice or Mestre from € 80,00 per night -
- starting from € 20,00 -
- 3 nights / 4 days from € 290,00 per person -
Most Interesting Articles
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see