Also this year the Michelin Guide inspectors awarded the stars to the best restaurants in Italy. Valle d'Aosta has received three. Three restaurants, each with a Michelin star, are considered the best in the region for quality, craftsmanship, personality and value.
Here the list of starred restaurants 2021 in Valle d'Aosta.
- Le Petit Bellevue Restaurant (1 star)
- Petit Royal (1 star)
- Vecchio Ristoro (1 star)
- User questions and comments
Le Petit Bellevue Restaurant (1 star)
- Address: Rue Grand Paradis - 11012 Cogne AO (Get directions)
- Contacts: tel 0165 74825
- Tasting menu: Gran Paradiso (5 courses, € 90,00), Mont Blanc (5 courses, € 90,00)
- Chef: Fabio Iacovone
Petit Royal (1 star)
- Address: Via Roma, 87 - 11013 Courmayeur AO (Get directions)
- Contacts: tel 0165 831 611 / Website
- Tasting menu: I Love Aosta (€ 110,00), Jolly (€ 145,00)
- Chef: Paolo Griffa
Vecchio Ristoro (1 star)
- Address: Via Tourneuve, 4 - 11100 Aosta AO (Get directions)
- Contacts: tel 0165 33238 / Website
- Tasting menu: Feathered game in 3 Italian-style services (€ 60,00), Thoughts from the kitchen (€ 75,00), Between acid, bitter, sweet and salty (€ 100,00)
- Chef: Filippo Oggioni
The criteria for awarding stars
This is the highest award for restaurants. But how are they evaluated?
The dreaded "inspector" is required to evaluate his gastronomic experience according to the following criteria:
- quality of ingredients
- mastery in controlling flavors and cooking techniques
- personality of the chef in his kitchen
- value and consistency between the various table tests carried out
This is an inspection and evaluation that has nothing to do with many of the service standards evaluated in many television programs and formats, for example. In fact, for example, items such as furniture, service or table equipment are not included, which instead are evaluated and rewarded with the fork and knife symbol.
In particular, the meaning of the stars is as follows:
- 3 Stars: A unique cuisine. Worth the trip
- 2 Stars: An excellent cuisine. Worth the detour
- 1 Star: A cuisine of great quality. Worth the stop