Paris is the city of artists, of romantic dreamers, the city of love.
Paris is the ideal destination to spend Valentine's Day. It offers many opportunities and solutions for a romantic weekend. From boat trips on the Seine to cabaret shows and visits to places and monuments that have become symbols of romanticism around the world.
But what to do to make Valentine's Day absolutely memorable? Here ideas and packages for your Valentine's Day in Paris.
- What to do for Valentine's Day: ideas and events
- 4 romantic things to do for free or almost in Paris
- The best romantic restaurants in Paris
- Valentine's Day Flight + Hotel Offers in Paris
- Climate and weather
- User questions and comments
What to do for Valentine's Day: ideas and events
A city like Paris truly offers plenty of choice. Valentine's Day is perhaps the anniversary that brings out the best in such a romantic city. You can choose free or almost free activities, such as walks on the Champs Elysées, visiting neighborhoods like Mont Martre, up to more expensive activities that you will surely not easily forget, such as a glass of Champagne on the terrace at the top of the Eiffel Tower or a cruise on the Seine with dinner by candlelight.
Here are the most romantic activities and ideas for Valentine's Day!
1 - Dinner and Show at the Paradis Latin
A late 800th century location, a theater built by Monsier Gustave Eiffel. Here you can spend a romantic and spicy Valentine's Day at the same time, with an exquisite dinner based on French specialties, champagne, a multicolored cabaret show with can-can dancers dressed in period clothes: in short, the right ingredients for an evening out. from the municipality! Dinner starts at 20pm and the show at 00pm.
- Cost: starting from € 250,00 per couple (dinner, champagne and show)
- Info: 28, rue du Cardinal Lemoine (Get directions), Metro stop Cardinal Lemoine or Jussieu - Maubert Saint-Germain car park. Formal attire is recommended (jacket and ties recommended). It is also possible to choose the show only solution without dinner starting from € 150,00 per couple
- Book online: Dinner and show at Paradis Latin
2 - Dinner on a double-decker panoramic bus
Imagine being able to enjoy one candle light dinner and at the same time visit the most romantic places in the City of Lights. Utopia? Absolutely not, with Bustronom all this can be reality ... It is a characteristic double-decker panoramic bus, with a glass roof, which ... doubles as a traveling restaurant!
Available for both lunch and dinner, it takes a panoramic tour of about two and a half hours while offering real culinary delights. The itinerary includes the departure from the Arc de Triomphe and then stops along the main monuments and places of interest, such as Place de la Concorde, Tour Eiffel, Musée d'Orsay, Louvre, Notre Dame, Trocadero, etc.
- Cost: for dinner it starts from about € 200,00 per couple without drinks, € 260,00 with drinks (champagne, wine, water, coffee). For lunch you save a little (€ 130,00 without drinks, € 170,00 with drinks)
- Info: performs two services for lunch (12:15 - 12:45) and two for dinner (19:45 - 20:45). The tour lasts 2 hours and 45 minutes and the audio guide is also in Italian. Terminus and departure at the Arc de Triomphe corner with via Kleber - Get directions
- Book online: http://www.bustronome.com/paris/
3 - Romantic cruise on the Seine with music and dinner on board
Exquisite food, the magic of the Seine, live music in the background and a unique atmosphere. Give yourself a moment of extreme sweetness and great intimacy. Give yourself a dream. Treat yourself to a cruise with dinner on board.
The classic Bateaux Parisiens are romantic at any time of the year, but for Valentine's Day they are prepared in great detail: the menu includes 4 courses + drinks, the tour along the Seine lasts about 2 hours and you can watch the show of illuminated Paris seen from a privileged perspective. It is certainly not a low cost experience, but it is one of those things that remain forever in the drawer of memories.
- Cost: from € 300,00 per couple
- Info: Boarding at Bateaux Parisiens Port de la Bourdonnais (at the foot of the Eiffel Tower) pier 5 or 7 from 19:30 pm - Get directions. Formal dress is recommended.
- Book online: Valentine's Day Cruise with Candlelight Dinner
4 - Romantic dinner at Restaurant 58 on the Eiffel Tower
It is perhaps the most chic and romantic thing you can do in Paris. A dinner in one of the most exclusive restaurants in the world, which for the occasion offers a sensational menu and an atmosphere that, needless to say, is pure romance. Prawns, salmon, fois gras, all washed down with Champagne, with the city all lit up in the background.
The package also includes a panoramic lift ride, soft lighting and a hostess who will accompany you to your table. An evening for true kings and queens ...
- Cost: from € 200,00 to € 300,00 per couple depending on the menu
- Info: dinner starts very early, it is best to arrive no later than 18:30 pm. The price is subject to variations both on the basis of the menu and the places chosen (more or less panoramic). Formal dress is recommended.
- Book online: Tour Eiffel: romantic dinner with priority access to the lift
4 romantic things to do for free or almost in Paris
- Say "I love you" in front of Le mur des je t'aime in Montmartre: in the Monmartre area there is a suggestive attraction: Le mur des je t'aime (the Ti Amo wall). It is a wall of about 10 meters on which the word "I love you" has been written in over 300 languages and dialects, becoming a poetic work of art. What better place could there be for a mutual declaration of love? Get directions
- Have a portrait taken on the Pont des Arts: here they bring talents from all over Europe who show off their talents. Walking on the bridge you could have a portrait made that can immortalize your bond forever. It's not really free, but you can bargain a bit on the price - Get directions
- Hug each other while admiring the sunset at the Jardins du Trocadéro: enjoy the best view of the monument in the square inside the Jardins du Trocadéro. Here you can whisper sweet words and hug your loved one while admiring a spectacular sunset - Get directions
- Have a picnic in Paris on the banks of the Seine: a romantic solution to spend a pleasant moment with your love. A place of indisputable charm is the small Swan Island on which there is a reproduction of the Statue of Liberty. If you don't have time to prepare everything you need, you can buy some ready-made baskets in different places in the city for about € 25,00 - Get directions
The best romantic restaurants in Paris
- White House, 15 avenue Montaigne - Get directions
average price for the Valentine's Day menu € 200,00 per couple
Contacts: http://www.maison-blanche.fr/it/ - tel: 01 47 23 55 99
- Le Diapason Terrass Hotel, 12 rue Joseph de Maistre - Get directions
average price for the Valentine's Day menu € 260,00 per couple
Contacts: https://www.terrass-hotel.com/terrass-restaurant-bar-panoramique - tel: +33 1 46 06 72 85
- Lasserre, 17 Avenue Franklin Delano Roosevelt - Get directions
average price for the Valentine's Day menu € 300,00 per couple
Contacts: https://www.restaurant-lasserre.com/fr/ - tel: +33 (0) 1 43 59 02 13
Valentine's Day Flight + Hotel Offers in Paris
- starting from € 97,00 -
- hotel and b & b from € 190,00 per couple -
- Return flight + 2 nights / 3 days from € 384,00 per couple -
Activities and packages that you can book right away
Climate and weather
- Weather: temperatures hardly drop below zero, the real cold is behind us. Even the rain is not frequent, the climate is harsh but dry enough to spend a pleasant weekend
- Average temperatures: min 1 ° / max 9 °
- Recommended clothing: heavy coats, wool hats and a scarf. Underneath, do not overdo the padding, otherwise you will suffer from the heat inside the premises. A sweater is fine. Don't forget an elegant outfit for the evening ...
Surely a Valentine's Day in Paris is not cheap. However, you can save something: by booking in advance, you can find return flights under € 100,00 per person.
The two main airports are Paris-Charles de Gaulle (about 30 km from the city) and Paris-Orly (about 18 km) while low cost flights usually land in Paris-Beauvais (about 90 km from Paris). All three airports are excellently connected to the city center by public transport.
When it comes to hotels, the costs for downtown accommodation can be prohibitive during this period. Our advice is therefore to choose a hotel located in slightly outlying areas, but perhaps near a bus stop or a subway station. Parisian public transport is quite efficient and its operation is guaranteed even on holidays, until late at night.
And if you don't want to spare any expenses, it is clear that staying in the center offers a considerable logistical advantage.