Do you want to surprise your other half and give a unique experience on the occasion of the party that celebrates lovers from all over the world? Nice is the perfect city, not only for being one of the most beautiful centers in France with its innate elegance, the always mild climate and the history that reigns in the alleys of its oldest part, but also for being one of the most famous social centers in the world, with its splendid Promenade des Anglais.
This is just one of the most beautiful places to be able to go to Valentine's Day in Nice, read on to discover all the most interesting activities to do, offers and restaurants not to be missed!
- What to do for Valentine's Day: ideas and events
- Evening at the Nice Opéra
- 5 romantic things to do for free or almost in Nice
- The best romantic restaurants in Nice
- Offers Flight + Hotel Valentine's Day in Nice
- Climate and weather
- User questions and comments
What to do for Valentine's Day: ideas and events
Nice is one of the most beautiful cities in southern France and offers really different ideas for all couples who want to enjoy a Valentine's Day in the name of originality and the discovery of extremely beautiful places, even in February, to discover the Côte d'Azur and the most hidden views.
1 - Visit to the castle hill
Among the activities to do in Nice on Valentine's Day, we recommend the walking tour on the Castle Hill starting from the Nice seafront: a local guide will take you to discover the ancient Greek origins of this city, will tell you about its Italian influences, Russian and British. You will pass through the historic gate that connects to Old Nice, from which you can then admire the ancient houses of the local aristocracy, the Baroque-style churches, monuments and the most famous market in Nice.
We must not forget about taste all the local delicacies unique in the world and to visit the Park of the Castle Hill, from which you can enjoy some ruins, gardens and finally, reaching the highest point, you will find yourself in front of one of the most beautiful views in France.
- Cost: starting from € 50,00 per couple
- Info: the meeting point is the Nice seafront, in any case it may vary according to the option chosen; the time of day is that of the late afternoon, from 15:00 onwards
- Book online: Nice and Castle Hill: guided historical walking tour
2 - Admire the Nice Carnival
Nice is a Unique and ancient carnival, the first parade was on February 23, 1873!
So, if you decide to spend your Valentine's Day in Nice, know that in those days you can enjoy afestive and joyful atmosphere, full of various kinds of events that can be admired from the stands set up in various parts of the city; very special are the shows called Battaglie dei Fiori and Battaglie dei Corsari.
- Cost: free for events in the squares, paid for private events and theme parties
- Info: if you arrive in the city by car it is preferable to use the Mathis road, A8; it is advisable to arrive one hour before the start of the show and to bring a minimum of personal effects.
3 - Spa for couples
If you are in Nice, you cannot fail to dedicate, together with your other half, one day dedicated to relaxation and well-being at one of the many spas and wellness centers that the city offers. What's better than enjoying wonderful relaxing moments while enjoying the beauty of the blue of the Mediterranean Sea at the same time?
At the many accommodation facilities in the area you can also practice different activities such as yoga, or dedicate yourself to physical fitness, or choose personalized paths for couple massages or, even better, take a relaxing dip in one of the many heated pools. This can be a truly unique experience, especially because it is done in a romantic and particular city like Nice. Among the recommended facilities are the Hotel WIndrsor-Espace Bien-Etre, the Instant Space Nice or Oceanide.
- Cost: starting from € 80,00 per couple
- Info: it is advisable to book a possible couple itinerary in time it is useful as you will save costs and have a wide range of choices
4 - Perfume creation workshop
In the center of Nice there is a small boutique where it is possible compose your very own perfume. This small reality was created in 1849 by a family of artisans and has remained known and important over the years; in the course of this activity, after a short visit to the boutique, you will begin to design your own fragrance and you will be accompanied and guided by an expert who will help you compose the perfect olfactory symphony.
This particular experience lasts about 60 minutes and 90 different essences will be available to select the fragrance. At the end of this beautiful workshop, with your other half you will receive a diploma that you can keep as a souvenir together with your personal perfume, in memory of your trip to Nice.
- Cost: starting from € 140,00 per couple
- Info: The meeting point is 20 rue Saint-Francois de Paule, to be reached approximately 15 min before the activity starts - Get directions
- Book online: Perfume creation workshop
5 - Evening at the Nice Opéra
An original idea may be to pass an evening of music at the famous Opéra de Nice: classified as a national monument in 1992, it is equipped with a philharmonic orchestra, a professional choir, a dance company and even a children's choir. It is a place to visit even just for the its architectural heritage, the furnishings for example are luxurious, the loggias are covered with gold on a cream-colored background and red tapestries, and finally the capitals are composite. It is a place where the locals themselves like to go to attend the opera, ballet or symphonic season.
When booking you can choose within a extremely eclectic repertoire, in fact, contemporary works are programmed, but also more traditional: from those of Beethoven to Tchaikovski, from Le Ballet de Faust to Puccini, you can choose the show that most attracts you with your partner and live an original experience together.
- Cost: starting from € 20,00 per couple
- Info: it is recommended to go to the Opéra at least 30 minutes before the start of the show so that you can easily find your seat - Get directions
5 romantic things to do for free or almost in Nice
- Walk along the Promenade des Anglais: this famous promenade is 7 km long, with an adjoining cycle path, and runs along almost the entire city; it is a very romantic place, especially in the evening, in fact the ideal would be to stop at one of the many clubs scattered along the coast and spend the evening with your other half enjoying a unique panorama
- Portrait in Cours Saleya: original and cheap idea is to go to Cours Saleya, a street full of stalls with handicrafts where there are also many artists who sell their paintings and portraits: why not ask one of them to have you portrayed together? You can reach this place a few steps from the Promenade des Anglais, it is located just behind the Plage Publique des Ponchettes
- Aperitif at the Le Plongeoir Restaurant: it is one of the symbols of Nice overlooking the sea and famous for rising on top of the cliffs; here you can enjoy excellent aperitifs while admiring a beautiful panorama all around with your other half
- Watch the sunset from Plage Blue Beach: if you are lucky enough to find a sunny day, take advantage of it now and admire the sunset from one of the most famous beaches in Nice
- Take a romantic photo at the View Point Nice: reach this wonderful panoramic terrace and take a romantic photo with Nice at your feet, a memory of this wonderful weekend
The best romantic restaurants in Nice
- Le Boudoir, 10 Rue Chauvain (Get directions) - Average price for the Valentine's Day menu € 100,00 per couple - Contacts: +33 4938 75554, Website
- Cedar, 4 Boulevard Risso (Get directions) - Average price for the Valentine's Day menu € 70,00 per couple - Contacts: +33 4932 67550, website.
- Calade, 223 Prom. des Anglais (Get directions) - Average price for the Valentine's Day menu € 110,00 per couple - Contacts: +33 4971 77279, website
- The Horloge, 12 Avenue Félix Faure (Get directions) - Average price for the Valentine's Day menu € 80,00 per couple - Contacts: +33 4921 75300, website
Offers Flight + Hotel Valentine's Day in Nice
- starting from € 82,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 78,00 per room -
Activities and packages that you can book right away
Climate and weather
- Weather: mild winter, in February the maximum temperatures never drop below 10 ° and the minimums below 6 °. Rain is a widespread phenomenon, fog and snow are almost completely absent - find out more
- Average temperatures: min 5 ° / max 10 °
- Recommended clothing: comfortable clothing, warm clothes, down jacket, scarf, lighter sweater or sweatshirt, umbrella.
Reach Nice by plane, it is in fact served byNice-Cote D'Azur airport which is only 8 km from the city; it is served by bus lines 9, 10 and 98 that lead to the city center in about 25 minutes, the ticket for the ride can be purchased directly on board the bus at a cost of € 1,50.
From Northern Italy it is possible to reach Nice with Thello trains: they leave 3 a day from Milan and reach Nice (and vice versa) in less than 5 hours; in Italy you can also go up starting from some Ligurian cities such as Genoa, Savona, Finale Ligure, Alassio, Imperia, Sanremo and Ventimiglia, but also from Pavia and Voghera. If the reached by car the city is served by the A8 motorway, known as the "Provenzale", coming from Aix-in-Provence to the west and the Italian border to the east.
Le perfect areas to stay in Nice they are those located west of the old city, between Boulevard Victor Hugo and the famous Promenade des Anglais; you can choose between luxury hotels and cheaper bed & breakfasts.
Most Interesting Articles
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations