Forget Paris and Rome: London is the true capital of love! With dozens of romantic "multi-starred" restaurants, alleys and streets of great historical charm and places with a unique atmosphere, the English capital is an ideal place for all couples who want celebrate an unforgettable Valentine's Day.
You just need to choose the right things to do, to experience a special day in the company of your love. Here are some tips on the best things to do and on better restaurants. Follow our advice and you will break into the heart of your loved one. You are ready? Here are some tips!
- What to do for Valentine's Day: ideas and events
- 3 Romantic Things To Do For Free Or Almost
- The best romantic restaurants in London
- Valentine's Day Flight + Hotel Offers in London
- Climate and weather
- User questions and comments
What to do for Valentine's Day: ideas and events
Here are the romantic ideas and Things to do most interesting in the capital of the United Kingdom:
1 - Lunch or dinner cruise on the Thames
In London it is possible to organize lunches and dinners aboard small and elegant boats that cross the Thames. Delicious food, live entertainment and guaranteed atmosphere - if you choose this option, yours will certainly be a Valentine's Day to remember.
- Cost: From £ 38,00 (approximately € 45,00) per couple
- Info: The cruise departs from Westminster Pier, London Eye Pier, Tower Pier or Greenwich Pier. The ticket is valid for 24 hours and can be used as many times as you prefer
- Book online: River Thames Sightseeing Cruise
2 - London Eye: the Cupid's capsule package
Il Cupid's capsules is a special package that allows you to admire the spectacular panorama from the top of the London Eye. The package includes a bottle of Champagne Brut, a box of truffle chocolates, a 30-minute ride in a private capsule for two, and movie tickets.
A cheaper alternative is the panoramic tour on the London Eye with Champagne included, inside the Coca Cola capsules.
- Cost: Cupid's capsules approximately £ 380 (approximately € 438,00) per couple. Coca Cola London Eye from € 50,00 per person
- Info: With the Coca Cola London Eye package you can access without queuing from the preferential lane.
- For the Coca Cola London Eye more info here
3 - Take part in a medieval Banquet
Are you a type outside the box, maybe a history buff? So why not participate in a very interesting medieval banquet?
With Medievalbanquet London you can attend a show with acrobats, dances and fights between knights, enjoying a 4-course dinner. In short, certainly an original way to celebrate February 14th.
- Cost: From £ 104 (approximately € 120,00) per couple
- Info: 4-course dinner with 2 hours of live entertainment, wine and beer
- Book online: Medieval Banquet at Ivory House
3 Romantic Things To Do For Free Or Almost
- Walking hand in hand in Little Venice
This stretch of the Grand Canal in north-west London is a surprisingly peaceful haven, one of the most unusual and interesting places in the city. The colorful and suggestive moored houseboats characterize the area making it a pleasant place to walk hand in hand.
- Walk through the Lovers' Arch in Kensington Palace Gardens
Kensington Gardens are one of the most popular places to wander, also thanks to the presence of the lovers' arch. The arch borders the flowerbeds in front of the royal residence, and is the perfect place to share a tender kiss.
- Visit the Columbia Road market
It is located in East London and is the ideal place to buy a bouquet of flowers for your partner. If you are looking for a lively place that can convey good humor, Columbia Road is truly perfect. Stroll through its stalls and enjoy the riot of bright colors and delicious scents.
The best romantic restaurants in London
For us Italians, there is nothing more romantic than one candle light dinner. There is little to do, that's how we are, we have a passion for food and culinary culture in our blood. That's why we have selected the most interesting restaurants in London to book on Valentine's Day.
- Aqua Shard: This is a restaurant-pub with a breathtaking view, located in one of the tallest buildings in the city.
Address: 31 St Thomas Street (Get Directions) - Phone: +44 20 3011 1256
- Galvin at Windows: Few Michelin-starred restaurants boast a view like Galvin at Windows. This place is perfect for making a statement to your loved one. Address: London Hilton on Park Lane, 22 Park Ln in Mayfair (Get Directions) - Phone: +44 20 3011 1256
- Inamo St James: Asian restaurant that offers interesting technological functions, such as watching the chefs from a screen while they are making your dishes, or personalizing your virtual tablecloth with extravagant patterns. Address: 134-136 Wardour St, Soho (Get Directions) - Phone: +44 20 7851 7051
- The Ritz Restaurant: it is an institution, for over a century one of the most romantic restaurants in the capital. The atmosphere is sublime: frescoes, arches and chandeliers adorn the rooms, live music played on the piano delight customers. Address: 150 Piccadilly, St. James's (Get Directions) - Phone: +44 20 7300 2370
Valentine's Day Flight + Hotel Offers in London
- starting from € 37,00 -
- hotel and b & b from € 70,00 per couple -
- Return flight + 2 nights / 3 days from € 338,00 per couple -
Activities and packages that you can book right away
Climate and weather
- Weather: Winter in London is cold and rainy but not freezing.
- Average temperatures: min 5 ° C and max 9 ° C. There can be peaks of cold around freezing or slightly below. On average there is over 40mm of rain in February.
- Recommended clothing: it is recommended to dress in layers and bring a raincoat, comfortable shoes suitable for rain, umbrella.
Getting to London is very simple, the city is served by several airports:
- Heathrow, 24km (40 minutes), and connected by National Express bus (£ 5,00 - € 5,50)
- Gatwick, 45km (50 minutes), connected by National Express / Easybus (£ 8,50 - € 9,50)
- Stansted, 56km away (55 minutes), and connected by National Express / Easybus / Terravision bus (£ 11,00 - € 12,00)
- Luton, is 56km away (55 minutes), and is connected by National Express / Easybus / Terravision buses (£ 11,00 - € 12,00)
- London City, 10 km away (30 minutes), and is connected by bus lines 473/474 (£ 10,00 - € 11,00)
London is divided into 6 concentric zones. For a short stay, we suggest you book a b & b / hotel in zones 1/2, which represent the most central part of the city. Some of the best neighborhoods include Westminster, Covent Garden, Notting Hill, Piccadilly Circus and Greenwich.
Most Interesting Articles
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see