Florence is certainly one of the most romantic cities in Italy, in fact, art, history and good food are the perfect ingredients to spend a romantic weekend. Valentine's Day is the ideal event for take the opportunity and make a little love escape in the Tuscan capital, where you can enjoy the great and small beauties that dot the city, making small excursions also in the surroundings, between green hills and ancient vineyards, always in the company of your partner.
Here are some ideas for spend Valentine's day in Florence in the best possible way: what to do, offers and restaurants!
- What to do for Valentine's Day: ideas and events
- 5 romantic things to do for free or almost in Florence
- The best romantic restaurants in Florence
- Offers Flight + Hotel San Valentino in Florence
- Climate and weather
- User questions and comments
What to do for Valentine's Day: ideas and events
When you have to choose a romantic place to spend a day or a few hours, in Florence you are always spoiled for choice. Its beauty is in every corner, in every corner and is reflected on the water profile of the river that crosses it, the Arno, on which you can decide to sail at sunset, having an excellent aperitif.
Reach, then, iconic places from which to admire the views of the Tuscan capital is a great classic, therefore a visit to Piazzale Michelangelo is a must, but why not get there in style, perhaps aboard a Vespa? Relaxation and well-being at the Spa and historical carriage ridesFinally, they can only leave you the desire to return to this splendid city of a thousand beauties.
1 - Carriage Ride
This is a very unique tour as well particularly suitable for couples: aboard a wonderful carriage, you can go around the ancient streets of Florence, starting from Piazza della Repubblica, up to cross the three bridges over the Arno.
The helmsman, driving two splendid horses, will show you the beauties of the city, giving you the opportunity to visit the Tuscan capital from a new and ancient point of view. The helmsman can also pick you up in other parts of the city, such as at the station and even at the hotel, every day from 10:00 to 19:00, the duration of the tour is one hour.
- Cost: starting from € 150,00 per couple
- Info: you will find the carriages ready for a tour of the city in Piazza della Repubblica - Get directions
- Book online: official site
2 - Tour of Florence on a Vespa
Although in Florence it is easy to get around on foot by visiting the main attractions and historical monuments make a visit to the city even more special it is possible to book a 3-hour panoramic tour on a Vespa.
Among the stages of the tour there is Piazzale Michelangelo, one of the most romantic viewpoints. After taking some photos, head towards the convent of San Miniato and you will find yourself in the Tuscan hills, in a unique place from which to fully enjoy the surrounding landscape: a truly impressive experience. Finally, a tour in the city of Fiesole to discover its ancient history can make your tour in full Italian style end in style.
- Cost: starting from € 130,00 per couple
- Info: the meeting point is in Via Ricasoli, a few minutes walk from Piazza del Duomo - Get directions / to be able to drive the vespa you must be over 18 years old, as well as previous driving experience on two wheels
- Book online: 3-hour panoramic tour on a Vespa
3 - Excursion to Chianti
One thing is certain, the food and good wine are certainly elements that have always gone well with romance. That's why we recommend that you organize a very romantic tour in San Gimignano, Siena and Chianti, with a visit to two vintage wineries and, of course, tasting of exceptional wines! You know, they dissolve some inhibitions and make us all more cheerful!
During the tour you will cross the heart of the beautiful Tuscan countryside, with visits to San Gimignano, the Chianti region, and the medieval city of Siena, between a glass of wine and another and excellent tastings of local products.
- Cost: starting from € 120,00 per couple
- Info: the meeting place is at Villa Costanza, Florence bus station - Get directions
- Book online: tour to San Gimignano, Siena and Chianti
4 - Tour in Barchetto on the Arno
One of the elements that contributes to making the city of art par excellence even more romantic is the Arno river that crosses it dividing it in two. On Valentine's Day, to celebrate the beauty of Florence at sunset, the best idea is to board the boat, the typical boat of the area, so as to navigate the Arno, enjoying the wonderful views offered from this privileged point of view.
In addition to the tourist tour, you can choose to make an excellent aperitif uncorking a good bottle of Prosecco on the river.
- Cost: starting from € 59,00 per couple
- Info: tours usually depart from Ponte alle Grazie, 22 min walk from Santa Maria Novella Station - Get directions
- Book online: official site
5 - Day at the Terme di Montecatini
If what you are looking for is an experience of romance and above all of couple relaxation, the choice cannot fail to fall on Montecatini Terme, the town in the province of Pistoia.
Around here you will find various structures dedicated to wellness, where you can relax with your partner in thermal baths, where you can take advantage of the regenerating properties of the waters, pools and massages, immersed in a truly suggestive natural location. The best choice is to book in a hotel, where you can stay in a suite and dine by candlelight in the panoramic restaurants.
- Cost: starting from € 75,00 per couple
- Info: about 50 km from Florence, to reach it you can travel by car (44 min) or by train (1 h 15 min) - Get directions / in your suitcase bring a swimsuit and an elegant change for dinner
- Book online: official site
6 - Hot air balloon flight over Tuscany
If you are looking for a truly unique experience, absolutely unique, super romantic but at the same time adrenaline-pumping, you can't try better. Sure, it won't be the cheapest activity to do, but it's certainly worth it!
You fly for an hour over the hills of Tuscany, among cypresses and vineyards, but the emotion begins immediately, already from seeing the balloons being inflated in front of your eyes ... and from the moment you step on the basket, you will begin to float at 6.000 meters of altitude!
And upon landing, you will be offered champagne with a tasting of local products.
- Cost: starting from € 500,00 per couple
- Info: It starts from the take-off field in San Casciano Val di Pesa (Get directions). The exact meeting point will be communicated the day before the tour, as it depends on the weather conditions. Children from 0 to 6 years are not allowed for safety reasons
- Book online: Hot air balloon flight over Tuscany from Florence
5 romantic things to do for free or almost in Florence
- Kissing in Piazzale Michelangelo: reach the panoramic point of the city, about twenty minutes on foot from the historic center
- Admire the sunset from the Ponte Vecchio: one of the three most famous bridges in Florence, from which to immortalize spectacular sunsets overlooking the city
- Hand in hand among the markets of the city: in the streets of Florence you can come across numerous markets, including local crafts, to find the perfect souvenir in memory of this love escape
- Walk in the Rose Garden: near Piazzale Michelangelo, a perfect place to stroll among the scent of a thousand roses
- Visit to the Cathedral of Santa Maria Novella: one of the most beautiful churches in all of Florence, with free admission. The oldest pharmacy in the city is also nearby
The best romantic restaurants in Florence
- Se.sto On Arno: in Piazza Ognissanti, 3 (Get directions) - average price for the Valentine's Day menu € 140,00 per couple - Contacts: 05527152783, website
- Sabatini restaurant: in Via Panzani, 9 / a (Get directions) - average price for the Valentine's Day menu € 90,00 per couple - Contacts: 055282802, facebook page
- La Loggia Restaurant: Piazzale Michelangelo (Get directions), also with panoramic terrace - average price for the Valentine's Day menu € 120,00 per couple - Contacts: 0552342832, website
- Gilò Pianobar: in Via dei Fossi, 44 / R (Get directions) - average price for the Valentine's Day menu € 100,00 - Contacts: 055283393, website
Offers Flight + Hotel San Valentino in Florence
- starting from € 30,00 -
- 2 nights in b & b / hotel from € 100,00 per couple
- Flight + hotel package: Return flight + 2 nights / 3 days from 14 to 16 February from € 160,00 per couple -
Activities and packages that you can book right away
Climate and weather
- Weather: in February the climate in Florence is quite mild, with little chance of rain and sunny days that make outdoor walks pleasant - find out more
- Average temperatures: min 4 ° / max 14 °
- Recommended clothing: bring some elegant clothes in your suitcase if you want to dine by candlelight in some romantic restaurant, do not forget coats and umbrellas in case of cold and rain. Comfortable shoes for daytime walks
Firenze it is located in a strategic position: easily reachable from the north and south of Italy, it is well connected to many Italian cities thanks to the Santa Maria Novella station, a few minutes walk from the historic center. From Rome the train takes 1 h 25 min, from Milan 2 h. 6 km from the city center there is also the International Airport named after the Florentine navigator Amerigo Vespucci, who is connected to the Florence station via the Volainbus shuttle service (€ 6,00, 25 min).
Le best areas to stay in Florence for a few days, despite the rather high prices, are the central ones, like the districts that branch off around the Duomo and Piazza della Signoria, from which in a few minutes on foot you can reach the Uffizi Galleries and the main art attractions of the city.
Low-cost accommodations, located in strategic areas for travel, are those of the districts surrounding the Santa Maria Novella station, those of the Santa Croce area, east of the historic center, and those of San Lorenzo, San Frediano and San Niccolò (south of the River Arno).
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking