The Lovers' Day, which is celebrated every year on February 14th, is an opportunity for all couples, both newly formed and established ones, to organize something special. Como is a provincial capital of Lombardy particularly suitable as a backdrop to the celebrations of love since, thanks to the presence of the splendid lake, it is a very romantic and suggestive location.
When Valentine's Day approaches, finding the right idea for a special and non-trivial evening always seems to be a challenge: what to organize? If you want to get ready for February 14 this time, here are some tips on what to do on Valentine's Day in Como.
- What to do for Valentine's Day: ideas and events
- 5 romantic things to do for free or almost in Como
- The best romantic restaurants in Como
- Offers Flight + Hotel San Valentino in Como
- Climate and weather
- User questions and comments
What to do for Valentine's Day: ideas and events
Como is one of the most romantic cities in Italy, certainly the presence of the placid waters of the lake helps to create, not only on Valentine's Day but throughout the year, an atmosphere particularly suitable for celebrating love.
There are many restaurants and clubs that organize for February 14th theme nights and special dinners just on the occasion of the feast of lovers. Furthermore, every year, special exhibitions are set up in the numerous villas and museums of the city and its surroundings love as a fear, both the contemplative one of art, and the tragic and suffered one of literature.
1 - First basin of the lake by boat
Navigazione Lago di Como offers a scheduled transport service on the lake that allows the most romantic couples to make the tour of the first dock by boat. Not only that, during the trip it will also be possible to make intermediate stops: starting from Como the available stops are Cernobbio, Moltrasio, Torno and Blevio.
It is a'romantic and quiet activity, suitable for those couples looking for a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy each other's company without too much frills.
- Cost: starting from € 18,00 per couple
- Info: Pier 4 - Lungo Lario Trento at Piazza Cavour, on foot from the historic center or by bus line 1 (Get directions); sunset time is recommended, no later than 17pm
- Book online: Lake Como navigation
2 - Seaplane flight
Few people know that Como is a real one temple of flight over water, a tradition active in the city since 1913, when one of the first rallies in history was held with the "Grand Prix of the Lakes", an international competition. The Aero Club Como is the oldest flying organization with seaplanes in the world and one of the most important in Europe, the International Seaplane Base in Como allows seaplanes to land and take off not far from the city center.
Seeing the typical silhouette of the lake from above is aunique experience, suitable for couples who love romance but are also willing to live exciting experiences together. You can admire the splendid villas that rise on the shores of the lake from an unusual view, the Comacina island in the center of the lake, Bellagio with Villa Serbelloni, home of the Rockefeller Foundation, the charming town of Varenna and much more.
- Cost: starting from € 180,00 per couple
- Info: on foot from the historic center or by bus line 1, Piazza Cavour stop then 5 minutes on foot (Get directions), book in advance and agree on the time following the driver's instructions
- Book online: Aero Club Como
3 - Brunate funicular
Brunate is a municipality adjacent to Como known for the funicular that connects it to the Lombard city and for the numerous panoramic points from which you can admire the entire western Alps in addition to the Po Valley and the Apennines. Brunate has won the title of "Balcony on the Alps" because of the wide view of the mountains that is available from its altitude.
The funicular starts from Como, a few steps from the center, and in a short time overcomes an altitude difference of about 500 meters, reaching Brunate. IS an activity suitable for all couples, which does not involve particular movements, but it is certainly something different and not trivial to savor the romantic atmosphere of the village and the landscape.
- Cost: starting from € 12,00 per couple
- Info: Piazza Alcide De Gasperi, a few steps from the center, bus lines 1 and 4 (Get directions)
- Book online: Como Funicular
4 - Private cruise on Lake Como
If you really want to impress your sweetheart and you don't have budget problems you can decide to bring her in a private cruise on Lake Como, with a delicious aperitif included.
During the cruise, in an atmosphere that cannot be more romantic, you can admire all the beauties of the lake: mountains, characteristic towns and villages, ancient churches and splendid villas. The romantic sunset light, to be admired with a glass of wine, will make the experience truly unforgettable.
- Cost: starting from € 300,00 per couple
- Info: departure from Piazza Cavour, on foot from the historic center or by bus line 1 (Get directions), book in advance
- Book online: Lake Como and Bellagio: full-day cruise from Milan
5 - Relax at the most exclusive spas in Como
The most exclusive spas in Como are located in an enchanting place, which allows the most romantic couples not only to relax in the warm waters of the pools but also to enjoy a lake view aperitif at Terrazza 241. The wellness area with wet area also includes a sauna, a steam bath area and a heated indoor pool with water jets.
There is a long list of treatments, which include those dedicated to beauty and relaxation of the face and body, you can choose between a series of packages designed exclusively for couples. They are also easy to reach as they are located in the city center and a stone's throw from the lake.
- Cost: starting from € 250,00 per couple
- Info: in the city center, reachable on foot or from the stop of line 1 in Piazza Cavour (Get directions)
- Book online: Eforea Spa & health club
5 romantic things to do for free or almost in Como
- A kiss overlooking the lake at Villa Olmo: its garden and park on the lake are the ideal location for a breathtaking kiss, you can walk to the lakeside (open from Tuesday to Sunday, from 10:00 to 18:00, free admission)
- A selfie embraced under the Daniel Libeskind monument: you arrive with a comfortable walk from the center, it is always accessible and is the most "sparkling" point of Como, ideal for a romantic selfie
- Romantic excursion to the Volta Lighthouse: Brunate can be reached by funicular (round trip € 5,50 per person) and then on foot via Via Mulattiera San Maurizio, in about an hour's walk
- Old town walk in the moonlight: Como in the evening is the most romantic thing you can look for and find, if the shops are open it is the right time to choose the perfect Valentine's Day gift
- Walk on the Riva delle Ville: from the center of Como (from piazzale Somaini), the walk continues along the lakefront in the district of Borgovico. On one side the lake, on the other beautiful villas with their gardens and parks
The best romantic restaurants in Como
- Feel Como, Via Armando Diaz, 54 (Get directions) - average price for the Valentine's Day menu € 110,00 per couple - Contacts: 3347264545 - Facebook
- Kitchen, Via per Cernobbio, 41A (Get directions) - average price for the Valentine's Day menu € 180,00 per couple - Contacts: 031516460 - Facebook
- Tira, Mola and Meseda, Via Gabriele Castellini, 17 (Get directions) - average price for the Valentine's Day menu € 75,00 per couple - Contacts: 0312759735 - Facebook
- The usual place, Via Lambertenghi, 9 (Get directions) - average price for the Valentine's Day menu € 92,00 per couple - Contacts: 031271352 - Facebook
- Comi 107, Via Borgo Vico, 107 (Get directions) - average price for the Valentine's Day menu € 150,00 per couple - Contacts: 0312495982 - Facebook
Offers Flight + Hotel San Valentino in Como
- flights to Milan (50 km) starting from € 29,00 -
- 2 nights in b & b / hotel from € 200,00 per couple -
- Flight + hotel package: Round trip flight + 2 nights / 3 days from February 14th to 16th from € 260,00 per couple
Activities and packages that you can book right away
Climate and weather
- Weather: in February, in Como the climate can be quite cold and rainy, the average temperatures do not rise above 8 ° and it can happen that they drop close to zero
- Average temperatures: min 3 ° / max 8 °
- Recommended clothing: winter clothing, warm and heavy. Don't forget windproof and rainproof jacket, especially if you have chosen an outdoor activity. Better to also bring a hat, scarf and gloves.
Getting to Como is very simple, the city is located just 46,5 km from Milan, about 50 km from Linate and Malpensa airports. Low cost airlines offer numerous very convenient solutions, even with arrival at Bergamo - orio al serio airport, 110 km away from Como. They leave from Milano Centrale station direct regional trains (ticket € 5,50 each way) which arrive at Como Station in about 40 minutes, the latter is located a short distance from the center.
In the city the offer of hotels, apartments and b & bs is quite wide and varied, even if the area is not the cheapest, by booking in advance you can find convenient offers, according to your needs. Staying in the center could be more expensive but would allow you to take advantage of the proximity to the main points of interest. Alternatively, to save money you can choose the neighboring towns: in the towns overlooking the lake there are structures that, especially during the Valentine's Day, offer advantageous all-inclusive packages.
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking