Useful tips for Canada

Who I am
Lluis Enric Mayans

Author and references

Do my electronic devices work? (iPad, smartphone, plate, etc.)?
The current in Canada is 120 volts and the frequency is 60 Hertz (as in the United States). In most cases you will need a simple plug adapter (type A, B). For other appliances such as eg. the hair dryer or hair straightener you need to check that it also works with the Canadian voltage.

What documents do I need to go to Canada? Is there a Canadian "Esta"?
The ESA is an authorization for the United States and an equivalent authorization, called eTa, has recently been introduced for Canada. In addition, a passport valid for the entire duration of the stay is required, as well as sufficient funds for the duration of the stay for both the traveler and the accompanying persons. For more information read here.

Is there a minimum age limit for drinking alcohol?
Yes, 18 years old.

Is there a custom of tips in Canada, as in the US?
Yes, it is a good idea to give 15% of the total bill - excluding taxes - to the restaurant. At your discretion are tips for taxis, guides, hairdressers, bellmen, hotel cleaning (usually $ 2 per day), etc.

Which credit cards are accepted?
American Express, MasterCard and Visa are accepted almost everywhere; it is advisable to bring some Canadian dollars in cash just in case, or withdraw directly when you are in Canada with your ATM. This is usually the cheapest operation.

How many flight hours does it take from Spain to Canada?
It depends on the city you have to go to.
Roma – Montreal: 9 ore
Rome – Toronto: 10 ore
Rome - Vancouver: 12 hours

add a comment of Useful tips for Canada
Comment sent successfully! We will review it in the next few hours.