- Stati Uniti d'America they enjoy some of the most famous, state-of-the-art and above all paid health facilities. Treatment for a simple sprain can amount to hundreds of dollars; this is why it is particularly important to take out health insurance before leaving for the USA. At the moment, there are numerous more or less advantageous solutions on the market, let's analyze them together.
- Is insurance mandatory for a trip to the USA?
- How much does travel insurance cost and what does it include?
- How to choose the best insurance?
- Comparison table between companies
- Best travel insurance: our advice
- User questions and comments
Is insurance mandatory for a trip to the USA?
L'travel insurance it is not mandatory for entry into the USA - in the sense that there is no law that provides for it - but stipulating it is still an intelligent choice. In the United States of America there is no national health coverage as we Europeans understand it. The health system is private, and works in the same way as our freelancers: they carry out the intervention that is requested of them, and invoice all the necessary expenses. This means that any small accident that can happen during a vacation risks becoming an expense of hundreds of dollars. Therefore, there is no reason to add insult to injury as well.
How much does travel insurance cost and what does it include?
Before talking about the insurance price, it is good to underline that at the moment, there are several solutions on the market. Insurances fit the type of trip (practicing sports rather than tourism) and to the different needs of travelers. The average cost of insurance for the United States is around 20-25 euros per day of stay in the country and, starting from this price, it is then possible to evaluate or not the convenience of the various offers. A good travel policy also allows you to choose the method of payment, as regards the various medical expenses: reimbursement or direct payment of the insurance to the hospital. Furthermore, the policy must include: compensation for legal expenses, coverage in the event of accidents, compensation in the event of involuntary damage to other people (personal liability), reimbursement in the event of missed departure and / or cancellation of the trip.
How to choose the best insurance?
The insurances vary according to the needs of the traveler: it is therefore good to take out insurance with large insurance groups known to the public, in order to have more coverage available, and to avoid the risk of scams. In addition, large insurances cover both medical expenses and the unforeseen events that may occur during your stay. Particular attention, when traveling to the USA, must be given to the maximum medical expenses of the insurance which must be at least € 3.000.000, given the somewhat prohibitive health costs of the stars and stripes country. And again, a good travel policy allows you to choose between paying directly to the US hospital, and reimbursement afterwards. Furthermore, this must provide for compensation in the event of injury, must cover legal expenses, and contain other important guarantees, such as: compensation in the event of involuntary damage to third parties (personal liability), reimbursement for missed departure and / or cancellation of the trip, compensation in case of theft / loss / damage of luggage, with a maximum limit for each item. The real difference between one insurance and another is the voice "exclusions", contained in the information package, where all the cases in which the policy is not valid are listed.
Comparison table between companies
Best travel insurance: our advice
Travel Care travel insurance from Allianz is currently among the best choices. This covers health care, pays health costs directly in the USA and CANADA territories, with unlimited expenses.
To view their policies and receive a free quote, visit heymondo e receive a 10% discount on your policy reserved for users of .
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking