A vast country in South America characterized by large and famous cities such as Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo, from the beautiful and extended Maranhao desert and from the vast Amazon rainforest.
Not only in Brazil, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, it has thousands of km of coastline where there are well-known locations and Fortaleza, Jerococoara, Recife and Salvador. And finally in this state there are also the wonderful ones Iguazu Falls.
- Travel informed: useful information, safety and necessary documents
- Where it is
- 13-day itinerary in Brazil: the Route of Emotions
- 18-day itinerary: the best of Brazil
- DIY Brazil: flights, costs, best time and advice
- User questions and comments
Travel informed: useful information, safety and necessary documents
- Inhabitants: about 209 million
- Capital: Brasilia
- Languages: Portuguese
- Local currency: Brazilian real BRL (€ 1,00 = 4,36 BRL)
- Weather: varies according to latitude, altitude and proximity to the sea. In the north, the climate is tropical with high temperatures all year round and abundant rainfall in the months of December-March. The Amazon area has an equatorial climate with constant rains and temperatures (15 ° min -27 ° max). The south experiences a climate similar to the Mediterranean one but with inverted seasons, the summers (December, January) are hot, the winters cooler (July, August). The best time to go to Brazil is between June and August if you visit the central north area, while if you go south it is better from December to March.
- Time zone: Brazil has 4 time zones based on the zones and is a state that has reverse daylight saving time compared to Italy, but not all regions apply it. Indicatively, the time difference between Brazil and Italy is -4 hours in Bahia, Maranhao, Rio, San Paulo; of -5 hours in the Amazon and -3 on the island of Fernando de Noronha.
- vaccinations: No vaccine is mandatory; however, anti-malarial prophylaxis is recommended for those traveling to the Amazon. "Dengue", "Chikungunya" and "Zika Virus" are also widespread in the country but there are no vaccines and the only rule is to pay attention to mosquito bites.
- Entry requirements: you need a passport with a residual validity of at least 6 months and at least two pages free upon entering the country. A visa is not required for a stay of less than 90 days overall (which can also be spread over 180 days, counting from the date of first entry into Brazilian territory).
- Travel / health insurance: recommended.
Where it is
Brazil is a huge state in South America that borders French Guiana, Suriname, Guyana and Venezuela to the north, Colombia to the north-west, Peru and Bolivia to the west, and the south-west. Paraguay and Argentina, to the south with Uruguay and is bathed in the east by the Atlantic Ocean.
13-day itinerary in Brazil: the Route of Emotions
- First day: Arrival in Rio de Janeiro, transfer to the hotel and overnight
- Second day: Visit of Rio de Janeiro: from the city center to Corcovado through the Tijuca forest. Overnight in Rio.
- Third day: Visit to the Rochina favela, afternoon in Ipanema and night in Rio de Janeiro.
- Fourth day: Day in Copacabana and in the evening departure with a domestic flight to Sao Luis. Overnight in the city.
- Fifth day: Day dedicated to the visit of Sao Luis capital of Maranhao and visit to the community of Raposa that lives on stilts and produces handicrafts
- Sixth day: Transfer by car or bus to Barreirinhas at the gates of the Lencois National Park. In the afternoon, first visit to the white sand dunes and the blue lagoons of the Great Lencois. Overnight in Barreirinhas.
- Seventh day: Departure by boat to go up the Preguicas river; stop at an artisan company that produces cassava and then a short walk to the dunes of the small Lencois. In the afternoon, climb to the Mandacuru lighthouse and arrive in Atins where we will spend the night. Sunset by boat on the river to admire the flight of Guarana birds with fiery red feathers.
- Eighth day: By boat you reach Caburè, a strip of sand with some huts, between the ocean and the river. From here by jeep you will reach Tutoia where a boat will make you discover the Parnaiba Delta with several river islands, woods and mangroves. You will spot monkeys, caimans, iguanas and different varieties of plants. Overnight in eco-huts on an island of Parnaiba.
- Ninth day: Transfer first by boat and then by car to Barra Grande; here you can spend the rest of the afternoon bathing and relaxing. Overnight in Barra Grande.
- Tenth day: During the morning aboard a 4x4 jeep you will cross the beautiful beaches of the far north west of Cearà, passing through fishing villages, lagoons and dunes. Afternoon in Jericoacoara between relaxation, horseback riding on the beach or kite surfing lessons. Overnight in Jericoacoara
- Eleventh day: Free day in the beautiful village of Jericoacoara and possibility in the afternoon to visit the nearby lagoons Azul and PAraiso aboard a dune-buggy. Night in Jericoacoara.
- Twelfth day: Transfer by car from Jericoacoara to Fortaleza and flight to Italy with connections in San Paulo.
- Thirteenth day: Return to Italy
How much? Price details
- Price per person starting from: € 3200 per person
- The price includes: intercontinental flights, internal flights, overnight stays with breakfast, transfers by car, 4x4 Jeeps, boats, buses, excursions as per program
- The fee does not include: dinners and lunches, drinks, tips and extras, anything not mentioned in the fee.
18-day itinerary: the best of Brazil
- First day: Arrival in Rio de Janeiro, transfer to the hotel and overnight
- Second day: Visit to Christ the Redeemer and to the Pan de Acuar or "Sugar Loaf" moving with private transfers and cableways. Overnight in Rio.
- Third day: Free day in Rio de Janeiro between Ipanema and Copacabana beaches, museums and attractions.
- Fourth day: With an internal flight transfer to Campo Grande and then in 3 hours by Jeep you will reach your pousada in the Pantanal.
- Fifth day: Day with various activities and excursions in the Pantanal, the immense floodplain of Brazil, to discover the flora and fauna of these places.
- Sixth day: Another day dedicated to the Pantanal with excursions by boat, on horseback and on foot to visit waterfalls, caves and wild animals that populate this area of Brazil.
- Seventh day: Transfer to Bonito, a town in Mato Grosso, famous for being a small earthly paradise. Accommodation in pousada, relaxation and overnight stay.
- Eighth day: Visit of the Grotta do Lago Azul and excursion on the Prata river where it is possible to snorkel among rivers, waterfalls, lakes and natural springs with crystal clear waters. Also worth mentioning are the attractions to admire the birdlife; here, walking on suspended bridges among the trees, you can spot all kinds of colorful birds and red parrots. Overnight in Pousada in Bonito.
- Ninth day: Transfer to the airport where an internal flight will take you to Foz De Iguazù; hotel accommodation and afternoon in the small town a few km from the most famous waterfalls in the world.
- Tenth day: Day dedicated to the discovery of the wonderful Iguazu Falls from the Brazilian side. Overnight in Foz de Iguazu.
- Eleventh day: This day is dedicated to the discovery of Iguazu Falls from the Argentine side to explore the Upper Circuit, the Lower Circuit and the incredible Devil's Throat. Overnight in Foz de Iguazu.
- Twelfth day: Transfer to the airport and flight to Salvador de Bahia, a corner of Africa in Brazil. Free afternoon to relax a bit.
- Thirteenth day: Day dedicated to the discovery of Salvador de Bahia, visit to Pelourinho, the Church of Our Lord of Bonfim, and that of San Francesco.
- Fourteenth day: Departure by 4x4 jeep for the most beautiful beaches of the state of Bahia between fishing villages and places where traditions are still alive. Return and overnight in Salvador de Bahia.
- Fifteenth day: Transfer by catamaran to the island of Morro di San Paolo, a paradise in the archipelago of Tintharè with an idyllic atmosphere and many typical restaurants. Overnight in pousada in Morro de Sao Paulo.
- Sixteenth day: Relaxing day on the wonderful beaches of Morro de Sao Paulo and overnight on the island.
- Seventeenth day: Transfer first by catamaran and then by car to Salvado De Bahia from where you will take some connections to fly to Italy.
- Eighteenth day: Return to Italy
How much? Price details
- Price per person starting from: € 3900
- The price includes: intercontinental flights, internal flights, overnight stays with breakfast, excursions as per program, park entrances as per program, transfers by boat, car, jeep
- The fee does not include: meals, insurance, and everything that is not expressed in the "fee includes".
DIY Brazil: flights, costs, best time and advice
Brazil is a huge country, so it is often necessary to move from one location to another with internal flights. The earlier you book, the lower the price, while if you reserve seats close to the departure date, internal transfers may also increase. For the rest life in Brazil is not overly expensive even if it depends on the area and what you are looking for.
A meal can cost from a minimum of € 3,00 to more than € 30,00; taxi and bus transfers are cheap and often do not spend more than € 300 to travel 35,00 km.
- Minimum period for a tour in Brazil: at least 12/14 days are required to see at least part of Brazil
- Recommended cities for base: the base cities for the various movements are Salvador de Bahia, Rio de Janeiro, San Paulo, Sao Luis, Barra Grande and Fortaleza.
- Getting around: the fastest way to travel when there are many distances to travel is by plane. Efficient buses and taxis that connect the nearest locations.
- Flights: A flight from Rome to Brasilia or San Paulo can cost from a minimum of € 500,00 to a maximum of € 1500,00 depending on the period and time in which you book. The main companies that connect Italy with Brazil are Tap, Iberia, Alitalia and Latam. Flights starting from € 750,00 -
- Accommodations and accommodations: In many places in Brazil it is possible to stay in pousada, simple rooms where breakfast is often served, similar to our B & Bs. The value for money is excellent! In big cities, however, there are large international hotels and hostels that can satisfy everyone's needs. Hotels and b & b in Sao Paulo from € 50,00 per room -