Es Migjorn: the Torre des Pi des Català open to the public
After several years of renovation, the Torre des Pi des Català, next to Playa Migjorn, it can be visited inside.
The renovation, carried out by the architect Marià Castelló, who specializes in the conservation of the Historical Heritage, has completely respected the original structure, dating back to the XNUMXth century.
These towers with a circular and conical shape, typical in all the Balearics, were used as "Watchtowers", and for this reason they are always found at the mouth of the main ports or very deep inlets. Many of these are already open to the public, but Torre des Pi des Català will be the first in Formentera.
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking