If you are among those lucky few who have had the opportunity to fly aboard a Concorde soon you will not miss it anymore.
Ten years after the last flight, it was announced the first supersonic aircraft performing transatlantic flights and is capable of go around the world in just one day.
The American company Spike Aerospace based in Boston showed the first renderings of a project it is developing: lo Spike S-512. The jet seats 12 to 18 passengers and employs four hours to fly from London to New York and eight hours from Los Angeles to Tokyo instead of 14-16, which is half the time it currently takes for scheduled flights.
Airplanes today travel at speeds of Mach 0.85 (253 m / s): the Spike S-512 will reach speeds of Mach 1.8 (536 m / s). Considering that the speed of sound is 343 m / s, this jet is very fast.
The first passengers could be businessmen, who, in addition to having economic possibilities, need to move quickly. Over time, these flights will be accessible to anyone. The supersonic jet it should be ready for 2018.
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking