London is a city that has rightfully entered the History of music. The English capital is in fact home to one of the most important groups of all time: i Queen.
The London city was the scenario in which Mercury, May, Taylor e Deacon met and took their first steps along the road that took them to the top of theOlympus of Rock. All Queen fans have a moral obligation towards their favorites, to visit, at least once, the city that was the setting for the band's formation.
However many do not know what the places not to be missed which represent the most important stages in the career of Mercury & co. Here because ForTravelAdviceLovers offers you a itinerary of the places of Queen in London!
- See the musical at the Dominion Theater
- Queen in concert in London: Earls Court Exhibition Center
- Sipping a drink at Heaven
- On the set of the video clip "A Kind Of Magic": Playhouse Theater
- Visit Freddie Mercury's house: Logan Place
- Trivia: where is Freddie Mercury buried?
- User questions and comments
See the musical at the Dominion Theater
- Address: 268-269 Tottenham Court Rd, Fitzrovia, London W1T 7AQ, UK
- Ticket price: around 63 pounds
- Next show: programming ended in 2014
The Dominion, is the theater where the show "We will Rock you" has been re-proposed since 2002, which for several years now has attracted thousands of fans.
The show is particularly suggestive for the presence of all historical songs of the band; however, only those who know the English language can fully appreciate the humor that characterizes the show. In any case, it is worth a visit, if only to see it statue present at the entrance dedicated to leader Group Freddy Mercury.
Queen in concert in London: Earls Court Exhibition Center
- Address: Warwick Rd, Kensington, London SW5 9TA, UK
- Website: http://www.eco.co.uk/
Earls Court Exhibition Center is one of the historical sites for music lovers. In this structure all the best played. Artists like David Bowie, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones and, of course, i Queen, they trod his stage in front of about 19.000 fans in a frenzy. Even today it is very popular and every artist dreams of performing here; it is worth taking a couple of hours to visit it.
Sipping a drink at Heaven
- Address: 11, The Arches, Villiers St, London WC2N 6NG, United Kingdom
- Events calendar: https://heaven-live.co.uk/
L'Heaven it was the place most frequented by the myth Mercury. Apparently Freddie is probably in this structure he met comrade Jim Hutton: for this reason the place represented a lot for the singer. Today the pub continues to be frequented almost exclusively by homosexuals. However, a straight evening is organized once a week.
On the set of the video clip "A Kind Of Magic": Playhouse Theater
- Address: Northumberland Ave, London WC2N 5DE, UK
- Events and tickets: https://playhouse.londontheatres.co.uk/tickets/
Once you enter the Playhouse Theater, you will immediately recognize the set of the very famous in it video of one of the best known songs and appreciated: A kind of magic. The single extracted fromdisc of the same name turned out to be a worldwide success also thanks to the "magic" of the music video.
Visit Freddie Mercury's house: Logan Place
- Address: Garden Lodge, Logan Place 1, Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, London
This is the historic home where Mercury lived for much of his life. It represents one milestone of this tour and deserves to be visited. Until about 20 years ago, the wall of the house was covered with dedications e commemorative texts towards the frontman, which made him particularly suggestive. Today everything has been cleaned but continues to be a very important place that Queen fans around the world shouldn't miss.
Trivia: where is Freddie Mercury buried?
- Address: Harrow Rd, London W10 4RA, UK
- Website: https://www.kensalgreencemetery.com/
One of the best known mysteries is related to burial place of the ashes of the great Freddie, "the queen of rock", which would be kept in a secret place that only Mary Austin knows. Several assumptions have been made over the years. According to some, the remains of Freddie Mercury would be found in the garden of Garden Lodge. Many others agree to identify the grave at Kensal Green Cemetery in London. In the place you will find a plaque that says:
In Loving Memory of Farrokh Bulsara,
Pour Etre Toujours Pres De Toi Avec Tout Mon Amour, M