The zoo, a magical world to bring young and old together and to let your children and grandchildren live there beauty of a natural world, with animals from all over the globe. The zoo is love and teaching: information panels transmit knowledge, and more and more realities organize tours, workshops and itineraries special for children and school groups. Let's find out the most beautiful and largest zoos in Italy.
10 - Zoo Safari Fasanolandia, Puglia
- Where is it: Via dello ZooSafari, 72015 Fasano (Brindisi)
- Size: 140 hectares
- Entrance fee: Wildlife park: € 23 full, € 20 reduced. Fasanolandia: € 10.
Three parks in one in Fasano: zoo, safari and amusement park. They live beyond it 1.700 specimens di 200 different species. In addition to the Safari, which can be traveled by car, there is a park train. With the little train you can also visit the impressive section dedicated to monkeys.
9 - Le Cornelle Park, Lombardy
- Where is it: Via Cornelle, 16, 24030 Valbrembo (Bergamo)
- Size: 10 hectares
- Entrance cost: € 15 full, € 11 reduced
Park with over 30 years of history: it was opened in 1981, and has since become one of the best known wildlife parks in all of Italy. The park's symbol par excellence is the White Tiger; in more recent times the White Lion, an extremely rare animal.
8 - Parco Natura Viva, Veneto
- Where is it: Provincial Road 27a, 9, 37010 Pastrengo (Verona)
- Size: 42 hectares
- Entrance cost: € 20 full, € 15 reduced
Beautiful park a few km from Lake Garda, divided between zoo and safari. By car you can see zebras, giraffes, wildebeest, lions, while in the zoo we go from herons to monkeys. The area dedicated to children is beautiful tropical animals and historical reconstruction of dinosaurs.
7 - Bioparco, Lazio
- Where is it: Viale del Giardino Zoologico, 1, 00197 Rome
- Size: 17 hectares
- Entrance cost: € 16 full, € 13 reduced
Zoological Garden of Rome: currently live there approx 1.150 animals of 220 different species. Located within Villa Borghese, was born to early 900s as a zoo, but during the Second World War it fell into very precarious situations. In 1994 the first idea that led to the transformation of the zoo into a biopark.
6 - Safari Park, Piedmont
- Where is it: Via Larino, 3, 28050 Pombia (Novara)
- Size: 40 hectares
- Entrance cost: € 24,00 full, € 20,00 reduced, free under 3 years
This park is divided between amusement park, including rides and enclosed animals, e safari park, where instead the animals turn freedom. It houses about 600 animals. Mammals include the cheetah Siberian tiger, White Lion, white rhino, watusso ox.
5 - Zoo La Rupe, Abruzzo
- Where is it: Contrada Fornace, 5, 65010 Civitella Casanova, Pescara
- Size: n / a
- Entrance cost: € 11 full, € 7 reduced
Abruzzo park that hosts wolves, lynxes, bears. Numerous workshops are organized and there is also amuseum area, containing prehistoric fossils, shells, minerals, luminescent stones, butterflies, insects.
4 - Prehistory Park, Lombardy
- Where is it: Viale Ponte Vecchio, 21, 26027 Rivolta d'Adda (Cremona)
- Size: 100 hectares
- Entrance cost: € 12 full, € 9 reduced
A child-friendly park, which develops within a centuries-old forest and with alarge section dedicated to prehistory: dinosaurs, tyrannosaurs, brontosaurs able to amaze every eye. There are also numerous live animals in the park: mammals, carnivores, insects, amphibians, reptiles. Educational workshops are organized.
3 - Zoo Safari, Emilia Romagna
- Where is it: Via dei Tre Lati, 2x, 48125 Savio (Ravenna)
- Size: 35 hectares
- Entrance cost: € 25 full, € 21 reduced
In this safari zoo you can admire beyond 450 animals in the wild. One of the most popular areas is thebaboon island, a protected species highly valued in this place. There is also one educational farm.
2 - Falconara Zoo Park, Marche
- Where is it: Via Castello di Barcaglione, 10, 60015 Falconara Marittima (Ancona)
- Size: 60 hectares
- Entrance cost: € 12 full, € 10 reduced
Park that hosts many species of birds and many felines, including endangered animals. Among the mammals there are the callimico, the raccoon dog, the white-handed gibbon, the porcupine, the dwarf sheep. There is a educational workshop.
1 - City of Sunday, Umbria
- Where is it: Via Col di Tenda, 140, 06132 Perugia
- Size: 45 hectares
- Entrance cost: € 16 full, € 12 reduced
And here we are in one of the most popular wildlife parks in Italy, as well as one of the most particular. We are in Perugia: the City of Sunday combines exotic animals, farm and amusement park. A real day of relaxation and joy for children and families. It can be visited on foot or by train.
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking