Also known by the name of National Mall, is the avenue of the city that incorporates all the major monuments starting from Lincoln memorial and extending for about 3 km up to Capitol Hill.
To walk it all it will take you at least half a day, although you will need much more time if you plan to visit all the monuments that you will find along The Mall, all of which, of course, with free admission, because here in Washington DC tourists are really at home. and almost everything seems designed as a function of quiet and interesting tours.
The idea of creating a monumental avenue in the city came to the French architect Pierre Charles l'Enfant in 1791, but it was necessary to wait for the Mc Millan Commission in the XNUMXth century for the project to really see its construction.
Small curiosity: during the election of the President of the United States, all those who do not have official tickets gather along The Mall, or rather along part of it, to attend the presidential oath. During the settlement of Barack Obama the record figure of 1,5 - 2 million participants gathered along the boulevard was reached.
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking