Nature never ceases to amaze us. It is able to give us unique emotions, always new and never banal. One of these is the spectacular underwater waterfall of the peninsula of Le Morne Brabant, inIndian Ocean, precisely in the Republic of Mauritius.
But what does this phenomenon consist of? What's so suggestive about it? Well... judge with your eyes!
- The spectacular underwater waterfall on the Le Morne Brabant peninsula
- What is the scientific explanation of the phenomenon?
- Can you visit the underwater waterfall? Info on the helicopter tour
- User questions and comments
The spectacular underwater waterfall on the Le Morne Brabant peninsula
We are located in Mauritius, in the Indian Ocean. In the southwest of this nation there is one small end called Le Morne Brabant, a extremely windy area and with a block of rock that rises up to 556 meters, offering a spectacular visual on all the islands that make up the Republic of Mauritius.
But one phenomenon in particular affects the eye: one underwater waterfall! Yes, because here there are not only golden beaches and crystal clear waters, but something much more particular happens, which you can judge for yourself by looking at the photos and watching the video below:
But what is it? There really is an underwater waterfall? No: it's actually aoptical illusion obtained by looking at the place from a precise perspective. Just move to no longer see the waterfall: and the dream vanishes!
What is the scientific explanation of the phenomenon?
This phenomenon has a scientific explanation: it is in fact due to one depth variation of the seabed and sand deposits that are generated due to underwater currents. To this is added the mutant color of the sea waters due to presence of mud and sand near the coast. The underwater waterfall is visible on Google Earth at this link.
Can you visit the underwater waterfall? Info on the helicopter tour
The underwater waterfall of Le Morne Brabant is visible via a helicopter tour that truly leaves you ... breathless!
Il helicopter tour provides multiple starting areas:
- Mauritius International Airport;
- One of the heliports located on the island.
The helicopter accommodates maximum 4 travelers, it's hard:
- 45 minutes if you are leaving from the airport
- 1 h and 15 if you leave from the heliport in the north of the coast
- 60 minutes if you start from the heliport in the east coast
- 20 minutes if you leave from the heliport on the south coast
Il pilot it will be yours personal guide.
And i prices? Depending on the starting area and the number of participants they vary from 390 euro to 1.390 euro. An unforgettable figure ... like the panorama you can admire!
Most Interesting Articles
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see