Who as a young man has never thought of organizing a holiday with their friends in Ibiza! This is the island of entertainment par excellence, with numerous discos and clubs open until dawn, and with beautiful kilometers of beaches. Ibiza, however, is not only this, it is also art and culture, as well as being a destination chosen by different types of travelers for its crystalline sea and its postcard landscapes. Not to mention the beautiful nature and boat trips.
Here the 10 most beautiful beaches in Ibiza.
- Playa de Las Salinas, Sant Josep de sa Talaia
- Cala d'Hort, Sant Josep de sa Talaia
- Sa Caleta, Sant Josep de sa Talaia
- Isla de Es Vedrà, Ibiza
- Cala Comte, Sant Josep de sa Talaia
- Playa d'en Bossa, Ivissa
- Playa de s'Aigua Blanca, Algaida
- Cala Salada, Sant Antoni de Portmany
- Cala Mastella, Cala Mastella
- Cala Bassa, Sant Antoni de Portmany
- User questions and comments
1 - Playa de Las Salinas, Sant Josep de sa Talaia
Also called Platja de Ses Salinas, it is located in the locality of Sant Josep de sa Talaia, in the southernmost part of the island, not far from the city of Eivissa and other famous beaches such as Cala Bassa, Cala d'Hort and Cala Comte.
It is located on the eastern edge of the beautiful protected reserve of Parque Natural Ses Salinas Ibiza, a real example of Mediterranean biodiversity.
It is a crescent-shaped bay About a kilometer long and 30 meters wide, with fine golden sand and a crystalline sea that has nothing to envy to the beaches of the Caribbean.
The beach is equipped, with deck chairs and umbrellas for a fee, as well as there are numerous kiosks and bars, restaurants and shops. Moreover, it is the meeting point for young people, as well as being frequented by famous people, who arrive especially at sunset for an aperitif overlooking the sea in the numerous beach bars.
- Where it is: in the southern part of the island; reachable by car exiting from Eivissa towards the airport through the El-900; by bus the L11 line, from estacion cetis, stops at Las Salines (3 min walk from the beach, € 3,00) - Get directions
- Ideal for: nightlife
- Type: golden sand
2 - Cala d'Hort, Sant Josep de sa Talaia
It is located in locality of Sant Josep de sa Talaia, in the southern part of the island, is about 25 kilometers from Playa de Las Salinas.
While lying on the beach, on the horizon you can admire the particular and beautiful Isla de es Vedrà. A real postcard landscape.
This beach is having more and more popularity over the years, also thanks to the panorama it enjoys.
This is, in fact, the perfect place for an aperitif at sunset. The beach is equipped with umbrellas and deck chairs, obviously there are bathrooms and two restaurants. Bring your rubber shoes with you, as the bottom of the water is gravelly.
- Where it is: in the southwestern part of the island; reachable by car from the PMV-803-1 taking the exit for Cala d'Hort; by bus the L8 line, from estacion cetis, stops at CP Es Vedra (average cost € 2,00); the last piece to go down to the beach is on foot - Get directions
- Ideal for: relaxation, nightlife
- Type: golden sand, gravel
3 - Sa Caleta, Sant Josep de sa Talaia
Is situated in the southern part of the island, in the locality of Sant Josep de sa Talaia. Moreover, it is also located just 2 kilometers from Santa Eularia des Riu and not too far from Ibiza airport.
If you go to this beach, you cannot miss a visit to the Carthaginian settlement dating back to the seventh century, also declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which is nearby and which you can also easily reach on foot from the beach thanks to a path.
This it is one of the most particular beaches in Ibiza due to its appearance: it is a crescent of sand, about 150 meters long and very narrow, dominated by cliffs of red rock. This bay, being among the rocks, is completely sheltered from the winds and has a bottom that descends very slowly and with very shallow water, making it also perfect for families with children.
- Where it is: along the Disseminat sa Caleta, in Sant Josep de sa Talaia, in the southern part of the island; reachable by car via the Disseminat sa Caleta road, near the beach there is free parking - Get directions
- Ideal for: relaxation, history, suitable for children
- Type: golden sand in the center and pebbles on the sides
4 - Isla de Es Vedrà, Ibiza
It is an island that lies off the south west coast of Ibiza, visible from the beach of Cala d'Hort already mentioned in point 2 of our list.
It is necessarily reached by sea and every day from the port of Sant Antonio lots of boats and tours leave that will take you to discover the islet - book your tour online
Together with Es Vedranell and the seven Es Ilots de Ponent, it forms the Nature Reserve which was established in 2002 to preserve their great environmental value.
It is the perfect island for those looking for a little relaxation away from the crowded beaches of Ibiza. The best time to go to the island is definitely at sunset, when the sea turns red and you will see spectacular colors. We absolutely recommend you spend at least half a day here, in total harmony with nature.
- Where it is: off the west coast, opposite Cala d'Hort; from Port San Antoni it can be reached with the Aquabus company, taking a 4-hour tour, at 10:00 -11: 15 (€ 29,00); alternatively with private tours starting from 10:00 to 17:00 (from € 270) - Get directions
- Ideal for: relaxation, nature
- Type: golden sand, rocks
5 - Cala Comte, Sant Josep de sa Talaia
Is situated in the western part of the island, and is also known by the name of Cala Conta or Platges de Comte.
From the beach you can admire the islets of Escull de ses Punxes, Escurell de ses Rates and Illa des Bosc which are right in front, giving a spectacular view, a real postcard landscape. Finally, it is part of the Conillera Natural Area of Special Interest.
It is one of the most beautiful beaches in Ibiza, also very famous for the beautiful sunsets that can be admired. It is a beach of golden sand about 800 meters long and up to 30 meters wide, in the deepest points, bathed by shallow waters also ideal for children, and was awarded the Blue Flag.
La cala was born from the union of three smaller beaches and between the two main ones every evening different DJs perform, becoming the center of the nightlife of this area.
- Where it is: in Carretera de Comte, in the western part; by ferry (only in summer) in 1 hour, from the port of Sant Antonio (€ 5,00); by bus, if you leave from the estacion cetis of Ivissa, you have to take the L3 line to Sant Antoni and from there take the L4 line (average cost € 4,00) - Get directions
- Ideal for: relaxation during the day, suitable for children, nightlife in the evening
- Type: white sand and rocks
6 - Playa d'en Bossa, Ivissa
It is located in locality of Ivissa, in the south-eastern part of the island, not far from the airport and other famous locations and beaches such as Cavallet beach.
Here they are also found some of the most famous nightclubs on the island, namely the Spazio and Ushuaïa clubs, as well as Bora Bora and Sankeys, sanctuaries of underground music. Not far away you will also find the beautiful beaches of Ses Salinas, Talamanca, Figueretas, Cala Codolar and Sa Caleta
The beach it is one of the most famous and lively in Ibiza. With its three kilometers of lengths and soft white sand, the promenade is full of restaurants, busy and always full beach bars, luxury hotels and boutiques.
Here they are held famous beach parties animated by internationally renowned DJs. This is an area frequented mainly by young people and people looking for fun and nightlife, not suitable for those seeking only relaxation.
- Where it is: in Carrer de la Punta, in Ivissa, in the south-eastern part; easily accessible from all parts of the island through the E-20; by bus the L14 line, from estacion cetis, stops at various points along the beach (average cost € 2,00) - Get directions
- Ideal for: nightlife, discos
- Type: White sand
7 - Playa de s'Aigua Blanca, Algaida
It is located in locality of Algaida, in the north-eastern part, a part of the island far from the nightlife and parties, here nature reigns supreme and is a must visit if you are in Ibiza looking for relaxation, beautiful landscapes and excellent beaches.
Once you leave the car in the parking lot at the top of the stacks, you will have to go down a path to reach one of the less known beaches but among the most beautiful.
On this beach, 300 meters long and with golden sand, the mistress is nature. You will find only a couple of kiosks and a few umbrellas and deck chairs to rent to relax while sunbathing.
- Where it is: in Algaida, in the north-eastern part of the island; easily accessible by car via the El-200, there is free parking on site; by bus, if you leave from the estacion cetis of Ivissa, you have to take the L13 line to Santa Eularia and from there take the L16C line which stops in the nearby Cala Sant Vincent (average cost € 4,00) - Get directions
- Ideal for: relaxation, contact with nature
- Type: golden sand
8 - Cala Salada, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Is situated in the town of Sant Antoni de Portmany, in the western part, not far from the most famous city of Sant Antoni, an area full of luxurious hotels belonging to large chains. To reach this beach you will have to walk a short and simple path on foot.
It is a small but charming beach, just 80 meters long and less than 20 meters wide, much loved especially by locals and boat owners.
Surrounded by pine forests and sheltered by the rocky promontory which is on its left and divides it from the nearby Cala Saladita, this one it is the perfect destination for those looking for a little relaxation and contact with nature.
The only downside is that in high season it can be very crowded. The waters are very calm, ideal for swimming and snorkeling.
- Where it is: in Cami Cala Salada, in Sant Antoni de Portmany, in the western part of the island; easily accessible due to its proximity to Sant Antonio, by car through the Cami Cala Salada; by bus, if you leave from the estacion cetis of Ivissa you have to take the L3 line to Sant Antoni and from there take the L34 line which stops in Cala Salada (average cost € 4,00) - Get directions
- Ideal for: relaxation, snorkeling
- Type: golden sand
9 - Cala Mastella, Cala Mastella
Is situated in the homonymous locality of Cala Mastella, in the north-eastern part of the island, not far from other resorts such as Sant Carles de Peralta in the hinterland and other famous beaches such as Cala Llenya further south and Platja des Figueral and Cala Boiix further north along the coast.
It is a small cove with a length of just 50 meters, surrounded by spurs and rock walls. It is a hidden and peaceful place, perfect for those in search of relaxation and for families with small children, as the water is very shallow in the first few meters and the seabed drops very gently. The sand is therefore composed of gravel and rocks make sure you bring your rubber shoes to be able to walk safely.
- Where it is: in the north-eastern part; reachable by car along the Carratera Cala Boix turning into Beach Road, you can leave your car in the free parking and then proceed towards the beach on foot; by bus, if you leave from the estacion cetis of Ivissa you have to take the L13 line to Santa Eulalia and from there take the L16A line which stops at the nearby Cala Llenya (average cost € 4,00) - Get directions
- Ideal for: relaxation, suitable for children
- Type: gravel and rocks
10 - Cala Bassa, Sant Antoni de Portmany
This beach is located in Sant Antoni de Portmany, located in the western part of the island, not far from Cala Comte.
300 meters long and 30 meters wide, this one it is one of the busiest beaches in Ibiza, which attracts both tourists and residents. This is because here you will find all the services you may want, such as restaurants, snack bars and kiosks and equipped with umbrellas and deck chairs.
Perfect destination for those who cannot give up on comforts and also suitable for families with children. The only downside is that it is always very busy so you'll have to get there early to find a good seat.
- Where it is: in Carreta de Cala Conta, in Sant Antoni de Portmany, in the western part of the island of Ibiza; easily accessible by car, just 8 kilometers from Sant Josep de sa Talaia; by bus, if you leave from the estacion cetis of Ivissa, you have to take the L3 line to Sant Antoni and from there take the L7 line which stops in Cala Bassa (average cost € 4,00) - Get directions
- Ideal for: relaxation, suitable for children
- Type: golden sand
Haven't booked yet? Plan your trip to Ibiza: flights, hotels and tours
From Italy there are several low cost flights, booking in advance, you can easily stay under € 100,00.
On the island you will find all kinds of facilities to stay: in Sant Antoni if you prefer hotel chains with all the comforts, in Sant Eulalia if you are looking for more intimate and intimate places.
The public transport system is not the best, especially when it comes to the number of trips and the frequency. The bus service has 34 lines that connect Ibiza with Sant Antonio and San Eulalia, operating from 8:00 to 23:00, the ticket costs about € 2,00. The discobus service is active at night, the ticket costs € 3,00 but it is possible to buy the 5-journey booklet at the price of € 12,00. For more information you can consult the official website of Ibiza bus.
The best way to visit the island is by car or, even better, by scooter. The rental cost starts from € 20,00 per day. If you go to the island in high season, book your vehicle in advance, as you may find yourself without due to the high demand.
- starting from € 51,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 80,00 per room -
- boat tour, snorkeling and beach sunset boat party with unlimited drinks and after-party snorkeling, SUP Paddle, beach and cave cruise