Cannes is a French commune located in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region. It is known all over the world for the famous Film Festival which is held annually in May and also boasts the presence of beaches among the most beautiful in the Mediterranean.
The city overlooks the wonderful Gulf of Napoule, and in front of its coast rise the islands of Lerino, the largest of which are Sant'Onorato and Santa Margherita. Many beaches are private, as property of hotels and hotels, however there are small public areas and well organized and served.
Here is a list of the 10 most beautiful beaches in Cannes.
- Croisette beach
- Palm Beach, Croisette
- Bijou-Plage, Croisette
- Plage de Gazagnaire, Boulevard Eugène Gazagnaire
- Plage de la Source, Boulevard Eugène Gazagnaire
- Plage du Midi, Boulevard du Midi
- Plage du Trou de l'Ancre, Boulevard du Midi
- Plage de la Raguette, Mandelieu la Napoule
- Plage de Sainte Anne, Ile de Lérins, Sainte Marguerite
- Crique de Saint Caprais, I'll de Sainte Honorat
- User questions and comments
1 - Croisette beach
It's surely among the most famous and popular ones, therefore deserves to be known. Most of the establishments present are private, while in the western part it is possible to find a public area (near the Festival building).
- Where it is: in the part of the central coast, reachable on foot from the center in a few minutes or by bus 8 Palm Beach (ticket cost € 1,50) - Get directions
- Ideal for: relaxation, nightlife
- Type: fine golden sand
2 - Palm Beach, Croisette
Located at the end of the Croisette, it is one small portion of public beach with attached free parking. The proximity of the parking makes it also recommended for families with children, however, although there is sand, it is possible to encounter rocks that need to be watched for. Swimming is also an activity to be carried out with great caution and not offshore, as there are strong currents. The beach is adorned with some trees where you can relax in the shade!
- Where it is: at the end of the Croisette, facing the Léreins Islands, free parking is possible. You can reach Palm Beach by bus 8 (ticket cost € 1,50) - Get directions
- Ideal for: relaxation
- Type: sand and rocks
3 - Bijou-Plage, Croisette
It is located along the end of the Croisette, after the Pierre Canto Bridge. It's about a public beach, consisting of two loops of sand, separated by a pier. The depths are not deep, so it turns out also suitable for children. Here you can relax in the sun and rent pedal boats. You can park for free in the Palm Beach area.
- Where it is: at the end of the Croisette, towards the west. Possibility of parking, or you can use the 8 Palm Beach bus (ticket cost € 1,50) - Get directions
- Ideal for: relaxation, pedal boat ride
- Type: thin sand
4 - Plage de Gazagnaire, Boulevard Eugène Gazagnaire
This small strip of public sand it is located near the Croisette Bridge and is usually not very crowded in summer. Several are organized nautical activities like paddle boarding and kayaking. The backdrops are suitable for children, however, given the proximity to the road, pay attention!
- Where it is: near the Croisette Bridge where there is free parking and the 8 Palm Beach bus stop (ticket cost € 1,50) - Get directions
- Ideal for: relaxation, pedal boat rental, swimming
- Type: thin sand
5 - Plage de la Source, Boulevard Eugène Gazagnaire
It is mostly unknown in Cannes. To access it you have to cross a small parking lot and then go down the stairs. It's about a portion of fine sand particularly suitable for relaxation, given the presence of some trees that allow you to lie down in the shade.
- Where it is: east of the coast of Cannes, possibility of reduced parking, reach them by bus line 21 Notre-Dame des Pins (ticket cost € 1,50) - Get directions
- Ideal for: relaxation, swimming
- Type: thin sand
6 - Plage du Midi, Boulevard du Midi
It is full of private beaches of renowned luxury hotelshowever, it is also well stocked with public showers and toilets. The cost of renting a parasol can be half that for one on the Croisette beach.
- Where it is: east of the coast of Cannes, reachable on foot from the center or by bus line A Center Commercial Minelle (ticket cost € 1,50) - Get directions
- Ideal for: relaxation, beach volleyball
- Type: golden sand
7 - Plage du Trou de l'Ancre, Boulevard du Midi
This area is located in the Boulevard du Midi area, west of the Cannes coast. To reach it, you need to pass the Espace roundabout. The beach it is narrow but comfortable because you can park along the street. Usually in the summer a field of Beach volleyball, given the presence of fine golden sand.
- Where it is: after the Espace roundabout. To get there, take the bus line A Center Commercial Minelle (ticket cost € 1,50)
- Ideal for: relaxation, swimming, beach volleyball
- Type: fine golden sand
8 - Plage de la Raguette, Mandelieu la Napoule
It is located in the Mandelieu la Napoule area, and it is one of the hardest beaches to find. Its size is small, the sand is fine and golden and spending a few hours here gives a somewhat exotic atmosphere, given the presence of palm trees. The only negative note: nearby there is the railway, so the noise of passing trains could be annoying.
- Where it is: Eastern area of Cannes, bus stop TER 881270 St-Raphaël-Valescure (ticket cost € 1,50) - Get directions
- Ideal for: relaxation, swimming, nightlife
- Type: thin sand
9 - Plage de Sainte Anne, Ile de Lérins, Sainte Marguerite
This beach is located on Margaret Island, one of the islands of the small archipelago of Lérins. As soon as you land on the island, the beach rises to the left, near the Pointe du Batéguie. There are sandy parts, but for the most part it is composed of pebbles (like all the beaches of Lérins) it is perfect for enjoying the wonderful crystal clear and turquoise waters. IS' very busy in high season.
- Where it is: Sainte Marguerite Island (Lérins Islands), to get there you need to get on a boat from the Cannes pier, Quai Max Laubeuf, journey time 10 minutes (return ferry cost about € 15,30) - Get directions
- Ideal for: relaxation, swimming, snorkeling
- Type: pebbles with little sand
10 - Crique de Saint Caprais, I'll de Sainte Honorat
For those who want to enjoy the beach immersed in the wild nature, caves of Saint Caprais are ideal. They are located in the western part of the island of Sainte Honorat and are composed of pebbles and rocks. The seabed is very interesting, so here it is possible to engage in activities of snorkeling.
- Where it is: Sainte Honorat Island, in the western part, you need to take a boat from the Cannes pier, Quai Max Laubeuf, journey time 10 minutes (return ferry cost € 15,00) - Get directions
- Ideal for: relaxation, snorkeling
- Type: pebbles and rocks
Haven't booked yet? Plan your trip to Cannes
Cannes is one of the favorite destinations on the French Riviera. During the summer the number of residents, which is around 75, increases considerably.
The city definitely is ideal for those who can dedicate themselves to luxury tourismHowever, by staying in more peripheral areas and booking flights, hotels, guided tours in advance and looking for small public beaches, it is possible to enjoy a holiday in this beautiful location even on a limited budget.
The nearest airport is in Nice, which is 27 km from Cannes. A bus service offers the possibility of arriving in the center of Cannes by purchasing a ticket of € 22,00.
You can move easily on foot or use the Azur Bus line (from € 1,00 each way).
Once in the city you just have to enjoy a walk in the elegant center, and then of course dive into the crystal clear waters of the Côte d'Azur, to discover wonderful seabeds and pristine beaches!
- starting from € 38,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 45,00 per room -
- Tour to Cannes, Antibes and Saint-Paul de Vence Half day catamaran cruise Panoramic tour by Vespa
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking