- Ingredients for the base
- Ingredients for the filling
- Preparation of the sweet potato pie
Cooking time: 45 min | Difficulty level: medium | For how many: 4 people
Ingredients for the base
- 250 grams of digestive biscuits
- 80 g butter
- 2 spoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
Ingredients for the filling
- 500 gr of sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 120 gr of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- juice of ½ fresh lemon
- 1 tablespoon of amaretto liqueur or brandy
Also get a normal or better hinged mold 22-24 cm high
Preparation of the sweet potato pie
We prepare the base of the cake by putting the biscuits, cocoa and brown sugar in the mixer.
We chop all the ingredients very well. Melt the butter in a pan and add it to the mixture previously obtained and then pour it into a cake mold. We can line it with parchment paper or butter it abundantly.
We level the base well with the spoon and we put the mold in the refrigerator.
Meanwhile, wash the potatoes, peel and cut them into chunks and cook them in plenty of unsalted water. When the potatoes are ready (they must be well cooked and very tender) mash them with a potato masher so as to reduce them to a puree.
We bring the oven to temperature: 190 °
We add the juice of half a lemon, cinnamon and nutmeg powder. Then the liqueur, the eggs and the sugar. Now let's mix everything well.
We remove the previously obtained base from the refrigerator and pour the potato mixture into it, leveling it. Bake for 45 minutes or in any case until the mixture is golden on the surface and the base is well cooked.
Let it cool, remove from the pan and sprinkle with powdered sugar combined with half a teaspoon of cinnamon.
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking