Sicily is a region visited by hundreds of tourists every year. Tourists come from all over Italy and the world. The tourist destinations of the island manage to offer exceptional natural beauty and night entertainment. In particular, young people appreciate the summer destinations in Sicily. There are certain very beautiful places to see. Such places must absolutely be visited if a young person is enjoying a vacation on the island. Here are the 10 summer destinations for young people in Sicily.
- Taormina, Province of Messina
- Panarea, Province of Messina
- Marsala, Province of Trapani
- San Vito Lo Capo, Province of Trapani
- Favignana, Province of Trapani
- Cefalù, Province of Palermo
- Mondello, Province of Palermo
- aci trezza, Province of Catania
- San Leone, Province of Agrigento
- Sciacca, Province of Agrigento
- User questions and comments
Post COVID19 travel advice
If you are planning a trip, make sure you are in line with safety measures. Follow government guidelines and only return to travel when the green light is given. Prefer natural and perhaps non-mass destinations, and in general promote local tourism: discover the wonders of your city, your region and your state. Try to avoid long-haul travel and at most choose destinations reachable with a few hours of flight.
1 - Taormina, Province of Messina
Taormina is located on the Ionian coast of Sicily, above the promontory overlooking the coast, not far from Catania and the natural park of Etna. It's a particularly popular summer destination and actually delivers many activities, entertainment, breathtaking places to visit and flavors that are never forgotten: a perfect holiday for young people.
Among the most famous clubs La Giara, lounge bar and disco with a splendid terrace overlooking the bay of the city; Bella Blu, which in addition to being a restaurant is also a piano bar and disco, and TwoB Taormina, a very young venue that offers evenings with DJ sets every weekend. The most beautiful beaches to visit are those of Capo Sant'Andrea and Isola Bella, with equipped bathing establishments, while from the Bay of Mazzarò it is possible to leave for boat trips to discover sea caves and ravines otherwise unreachable. At Lido AcquasciFlights Tobogan in Giardini Naxos you can cool off and have fun with water games.
- How to reach it: it is located about 57 km north of Catania, reachable by car or by regional train. The beaches of Isola Bella, Capo Sant'Andrea and Mazzarò are located in the city, reachable on foot or by cable car from the upper part of the city. Letojanni beach can be reached by bus - Get directions
- Getting around: in Taormina you can easily move on foot or use the cable car and buses which, especially in summer, are frequent and can also take you to the beaches a little outside the city. The cost of a ticket is € 1,90.
- Recommended activities: visit of the city Giardini Naxos, Ancient Theater of Taormina, boat excursions departing from Mazzarò, visit to Isola Bella on foot.
- Nightlife: is concentrated in the lower part of the city. Famous places: La Giara, Bella Blu, TwoB Taormina
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 120,00 per room -
2 - Panarea, Province of Messina
Panarea is the smallest island of the Aeolian archipelago, north of Sicily, but it is also the most exclusive and popular destination for young people. However, the island is also a favorite destination for VIPs and entrepreneurs, in fact its waters teem with yachts, therefore it is definitely not cheap. In Panarea it is not clear the difference between day and night: it is celebrated practically at all hours.
Very famous is the Rhum & Pera sailing boat, which organizes parties based on music and alcohol and usually also involves the boats around, creating a real party on the sea. Other famous clubs: Banacalli Bar, very elegant, the Bridge Sushi Bar with its panoramic terrace and the historic Raya disco where you can dance until the morning. Just watch out for the prices. The beaches of Panarea are beautiful, it is well known: just go around the island, there is Calcara beach, Drautto pebble beach and Junco bay.
- How to reach it: it can be reached by hydrofoil or ship from Naples, Reggio Calabria and Messina, Milazzo, Palermo, connections are frequent in summer. The beauty of Panarea is that there are no cars, the island is small and can be easily explored on foot, the Drautto beach can be reached in 10 minutes from the port, in 40 minutes Cala Junco - Get directions
- Getting around: on foot or with a small boat hired to get around the island.
- Recommended activities: take the tour of the island either on foot or with a small boat following the coasts and the different types of beaches.
- Nightlife: Raya, historic disco open until dawn, Rhum & Pera, sailing boat where people celebrate day and night, Banacalli Bar for an aperitif, Bridge Sushi Bar for the panoramic terrace.
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 180,00 per room -
3 - Marsala, Province of Trapani
Marsala is located on the northwestern coast of Sicily. Prices are contained compared to the most exclusive locations and, thanks to its entertainment, it is perfect for young people who want to spend a few days at sea, fun and relaxation.
In the city there are many equipped beaches, while just outside there are splendid beaches immersed in the Stagnone reserve, stretch of the lagoon coast where the water is very low. Here you can find the beach of San Teodoro and the Marausa beach, where there are both equipped and free solutions. The center of Marsala is the heart of the nightlife: the ancient market, where the fish trade was once held, now houses many small places. Via XI Maggio is also very lively, some places: Bar dell'Angolo, Enoteca lo Sbarco, Portale Botteghe. In the city you can dance by the sea, at Lido Boero, while the other clubs are a little out of the way, Antaeus and OneClub.
- How to reach it: located 30 km south of Trapani, reachable by car or by a regional train at a cost of € 3,80. The city beaches are within walking distance, while to go to the Stagnone reserve you can take a regional train direct to Trapani and get off after 5 minutes at Spagnuola station, the ticket costs € 1,70. From there, then, proceed on foot. If you have a car, you can park it in the equipped beaches or in any case in the area - Get directions
- Getting around: on foot through the city, if you want to get around in the surroundings you need a car or bus, in summer the rides are more frequent, the ticket costs about € 1,70
- Recommended activities: visit to the salt pans of Marsala, visit to the Stagnone Reserve, to the historic center of Marsala
- Nightlife: Antaeus (about 4 km from the center), Lido Boeo, One Club about 6 km from the center and the sea, Enoteca Lo Sbarco and Portale Botteghe in the center
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 80,00 per room -
4 - San Vito Lo Capo, Province of Trapani
San Vito Lo Capo is located on the extreme tip of north-western Sicily, between the cities of Trapani and Palermo. It has now become a very popular holiday destination for young people: not only for the splendid beaches and for the activities that can be done, but also for the entertainment.
Among the most beautiful beaches, certainly the one in town, the beach of San Vito Lo Capo, wide and very white. Then there are also the beach of Santa Margherita and the Tonnara del Secco, finally, to escape the crowds a bit, the beaches of the riserva dello zingaro. Among the clubs, the most famous is the Sea Garden Beach Bar & Lounge, a bathing establishment where you can lie in the sun during the day, have an aperitif and stay late at night with DJ sets. Other places to have a drink: the Marvin Café; among the pubs, the Thaam, in Arabic style.
- How to reach it: it is located about 37 km from Trapani, reachable by car or by AST means, the ticket costs € 4,00. The beach of San Vito can be reached on foot, the beach of Santa Margherita is about 7 km away and a car is required, as well as for the Tonnara del Secco or the Riserva dello zingaro - Get directions
- Getting around: in the city on foot, in the surroundings by car
- Recommended activities: visit to the Museum of the Sea, visit to the Florio Cellars, to the Zingaro Reserve, visit to the Sanctuary and the Temple of Santa Crescenza
- Nightlife: coast of San Vito and historic center. Sea Garden Beach Bar & Lounge, Marvin Café, Thaam
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 100,00 per room -
5 - Favignana, Province of Trapani
Favignana is an island of the Egadi islands, facing the north west coast of Sicily. It has always been considered a destination for a peaceful vacation, not too busy, yet more and more young people choose it to spend their summer holidays, certainly accomplices the breathtaking beaches and the feeling of freedom it gives.
There are some clubs concentrated in the town of Favignana, including the Monique Bar, where you can have an aperitif, or the Camarillo Bistrot, where DJ sets are also organized. There is also Costa Sunset Bar, on Cala Trono beach. A must is the possibility to rent a boat at sunset with an aperitif: very suggestive. The most beautiful beaches are: Lido Burrone, the only beach on the island, equipped and with sand, Cala Rossa and Cala Azzurra, which are rocky but unmissable, and finally the Calamani beach. A recommended visit is to the Ex Florio delle Tonnare factory, near the center.
- How to reach it: the island can be reached by hydrofoil or catamaran from the port of Trapani, there are also some companies that transport cars, but it is not recommended, it is difficult to find parking on the island and the police are very careful - Get directions
- Getting around: once you get to the island the best idea is to rent a scooter to get around it. The rental costs € 50,00 per day in August, € 30,00 in July or September. You can also rent a bike, if you have good legs you will certainly be able to get around the island.
- Recommended activities: tour of the island with excursion to the beaches, boat ride with aperitif, visit to the Ex Florio factory
- Nightlife: in the inhabited center, Monique Bar, Camarillo Bistrot. On the beach Costa Sunset Bar
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 140,00 per room -
6 - Cefalù, Province of Palermo
Cefalù is quite close to Palermo, a tourist resort increasingly popular with young people, who find here not only beautiful beaches, but also entertainment and activities. In addition to the Lungomare beach, the only one with fine sand, Cefalù also has a cliff overlooking the sea.
Another beach to visit is the Marina Beach, about 1 km walk from the historic center, the Caldura beach and then that of Mazzaforno, with pebbles or rocks. Towards Palermo, 4 km from Cefalù, there is the Capo Playa beach, ideal for surfers. The Lungomare area is also dedicated to nightlife, one of the most beautiful places, with the staircase leading to the beach, is the Sottozero. Like discos, Malibù and Le Calette, at the port. To spend a day of entertainment different from the others, there is the Acqua Verde water park, 8 km from the center.
- How to reach it: it is located 68 km from Palermo, accessible by car or by a regional train which takes about 1 hour and costs € 5,60 each way. Most of the beaches can be reached on foot - Get directions
- Getting around: within the city on foot, a car is recommended in the surroundings or there are some AST bus routes, with a ticket of about € 1,90.
- Recommended activities: visit the historic center, the Duomo Church and the Cloister, the San Cicero Municipal Theater (set of the film Nuovo Cinema Paradiso), a day at the Acqua Verde water park
- Nightlife: area of the seafront and the port. Local Sottozero and Malibù on the Lungomare, Le Calette disco in the harbor area.
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 95,00 per room -
7 - Mondello, Province of Palermo
Mondello is considered the holiday resort of the Palermitans, being not far from the city, and has now also become the favorite destination of many young people from other regions as well. In Mondello there is the convenience of being close to the city, the possibility of enjoying one of the whiter and clearest beaches in Sicily and the Capo Gallo Marine Protected Area, plus Mondello is also very lively, full of clubs: the summer season offers many opportunities for fun and leisure.
Among the discos there is the Country Disco Club, Villa Partanna 2.0, the Lidò discotheque directly on the beach, among the clubs the Mida Lounge bar where you can drink cocktails and listen to music by the sea. For fun there is also the Toy Park Beach water park, with swimming pools, slides and inflatables.
- How to reach it: it is located 13 km from the center of Palermo, reachable by car or with the AMAT lines 806 and 677, the ticket costs € 1,40. Furthermore, from mid-June to mid-September, there are various free shuttles that offer the service from the main car parks to the beaches, for example from the Galatea car park and from Mondello Torre - Get directions
- Getting around: on foot inside Mondello, in the surroundings by public transport
- Recommended activities: visit to the Capo Gallo Marina Area, visit to the center of Palermo, a day at Toy Park Beach
- Nightlife: on the sea, the Mida Lounge bar and the Lidò disco. A couple of kilometers from the coast, Villa Partanna 2.0 and Country Disco Club.
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 100,00 per room -
8 - Aci Trezza, Province of Catania
Aci Trezza is a beautiful one seaside resort near Catania that offers beautiful beaches and entertainment, in addition, it also has lower costs than the most exclusive seaside resorts, in short, it can be a happy choice for holidays under the banner of the sea and nightlife! The most famous and well-known beach is the Lido dei Ciclopi, where to take long baths in this wonderful sea. From the Aci seafront you can also admire the Faraglioni, sharp rocks that overlook the water and at sunset are truly suggestive.
The port and promenade area is very lively in the evening, numerous clubs: the Caffè del Porto, GoGo 43, Café del Mar, are just a few. The Bonacher nightclub in aci castello is also not far away. A must-do activity is a visit to the small island of Lachea, perhaps by renting a boat.
- How to reach it: it is 11 km from Catania, once here all the attractions are easily reachable on foot, such as the Lido dei Ciclopi beach. To reach other places such as Aci Castello, a car is recommended or the Acireale-Catania bus line, active almost every day from the morning at 06:45 until 21:00 - Get directions
- Getting around: within Aci Trezza on foot, a car is recommended to move around the surroundings
- Recommended activities: visit to the historic center of Catania, visit to Aci Castello, visit to the Casa del Nespolo Museum
- Nightlife: area of the seafront and port. Café del Porto, Café del Mar, GoGo43
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 85,00 per room -
9 - San Leone, Province of Agrigento
Lido di San Leone is the beach in the city of Agrigento par excellence. Here the people of Agrigento come to cool off during the hottest weekends, but also to spend their summer evenings. In fact, not only San Leone it is full of equipped bathing establishments, services and restaurants, but also of clubs, of places to listen to music, dance, have a drink, in short: have fun.
Summer evenings are always very lively here, the heart of the town is the small tourist port, around which all the activities gravitate: the Boca Club disco, the Controvento club, with music and cocktails right on the harbor, the Acquaselz, a very nice place with armchairs and tents overlooking the sea, where you can listen to music and have a drink. Not far from the marina there is also the Quattroventi club, where you can dance outdoors. Around San Leone, a world to discover with the city of Agrigento and the Valley of the Temples.
- How to reach it: it is 6 km away from Agrigento, via the bus lines 1 and 2 of the Trasporti Urbani Agrigento, we recommend checking prices on their website. While waiting for the construction of an additional car park for the seaside resort, there is the Corsini area, at the roundabout at the entrance to San Leone, which has many free parking spaces - Get directions
- Getting around: by public transport, which also have a special ticket to visit the Valley of the Temples, starting from € 8,00
- Recommended activities: visit to Agrigento, visit to the Valley of the Temples
- Nightlife: area of the marina, Boca Club disco, Acquaselz, Controvento, Quattroventi
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 70,00 per room -
10 - Sciacca, Province of Agrigento
Sciacca, north of Agrigento, is a very suggestive seaside resort that offers young people a not overly expensive holiday, yet with a wide choice of entertainment. The locals, in particular in San Marco, they are very many and highly sought after, almost all on the sea or directly on the beach: lounge bar or beach bar, the important thing is to spend pleasant hours drinking cocktails and listening to music.
Some clubs: Mahili Beach, Tuna Bach, Aloha Beach, Pier 41 Lounge Bar, all of them they offer DJ set nights under the stars during the summer and are very popular, there will be no regrets the real discos. To visit the beach of San Marco, where the daytime bathing establishments are often the same open in the evening, the beach of Contrada Foggia, the beach of Timpi Russi. At 45 km from Sciacca, heading north, there is the Acquasplash water amusement park.
- How to reach it: it is about 60 km from Agrigento, preferably by car. The beaches are all within walking distance - Get directions
- Getting around: within Sciacca on foot. To move around, it is better to have a car.
- Recommended activities: a day at the Acquasplash, visit to the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento
- Nightlife: San Marco, Mahili Beach, Tuna Bach, Aloha Beach, Pier 41 Lounge Bar
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 85,00 per room -
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking