Snowboarding, along with skiing, is one of the most fascinating winter sports and the United States has a lot to offer from this point of view. The scenery we are talking about is the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, where, near the more famous Aspen and Vail, a lesser known, but cheaper and no less interesting place stands out. I'm talking about Breckenridge, great attraction for those who love to ski and for those who want to do snowboard in America.
- Accommodation in the snow-capped mountains of Colorado
- The slopes of Breckenridge: the kingdom of Snowboarding in America
- Breckenridge: where to eat, quench your thirst and spend a social evening
Accommodation in the snow-capped mountains of Colorado
Let's try to develop a small itinerary that allows us to fully enjoy our winter holiday. First of all we must rely on a good accommodation and, among the various possibilities, we will be able to choose the Fireside Inn B&B & Hostel, Wedgewood Lodge or a characteristic chalet, perhaps one of those that make very pleasant ones available to their customers hot tub (heated bathtubs), a real panacea for those who spend whole days in the snow. Alternatively, all the facilities available in the city can be found on this page.
The slopes of Breckenridge: the kingdom of Snowboarding in America
After we have settled down we can go to the Breckenridge Ski Area, a four-mountain ski area with slopes of various levels, which includes the Peak 8, one of the best areas for snowboarding in America. Those who love this sport will find bread for their teeth here and, for those looking for more demanding challenges, it is possible to climb up toImperial Express Superchair, the highest chairlift in the United States, where you will find slopes with a much higher level of difficulty.
However, skiers and snowboarders can also count on other solutions, such as theA-Basin Ski Area, 24 km from Breckenridge, the highest ski area in North America, frequented by snowboarders especially in spring, when in a parking lot called “The Beach” crowded parties are organized.
Breckenridge: where to eat, quench your thirst and spend a social evening
After enjoying your days on the snow you will surely need to refresh yourself, as well as delight your palate. Among the most interesting places do not miss these three:
- THEHearthstone Inn, a trendy restaurant that offers attractive and very popular happy hours in the late afternoon, but which also serves excellent dinners in a very elegant and refined room. The specialties are wapiti (subspecies of North American deer), trout and shrimp.
- Il Downstairs at Eric’s, also very popular, with more traditional cuisine and particularly renowned for craft beer (they have an assortment that goes well beyond 100 beers!)
- Le Little Paris Bistro, the only French restaurant in the county, ideal for a quiet and relaxed dinner and to taste specialties such as mussels, escargot and Bourguignon.