Between the ten most beautiful islands in the world appear the names of two Italian islands, one of these is also on the podium. Half of the most beautiful islands are located in the Mediterranean, a sign that you don't have to go very far to find true paradises. The ranking was compiled by the readers of Condé Nast, based on a questionnaire in which the readers had to evaluate the islands on the basis of the following criteria: scenery, beaches, convenience, food, places to stay and local population. Starting from the bottom, the most beautiful islands are ...
10. Malta. In the heart of the Mediterranean, the archipelago of Malta, is the ideal place to enjoy an enchanting sea in a suggestive setting. In particular the Sister Islands (or Calipsee Islands): Gozo and Comino, which hide real terrestrial paradises.
9. Mauritius. It is a volcanic island located in the Indian Ocean. The sun, the long white beaches and the crystal clear waters of the lagoons are among the main attractions of the island. The island is the ideal destination for ecotourism enthusiasts.
8. Barbados. It is an independent island nation, part of the Lesser Antilles. Barbados it is a tropical island, constantly beaten by equatorial winds. In the main towns, colonial atmospheres can be found.
7. Capri. The first Italian island in the ranking is Capri, island in the Gulf of Naples, which is often included in the international rankings for its charm and the famous stacks. Capri it is also called "green island" for the citrus groves and vineyards that enrich its vegetation.
6. Seychelles. Le Seychelles they are part of an archipelago among the most beautiful and unspoiled in the world. To visit the archipelago, made up of islands, atolls and coral reefs, the best way is by boat.
5. Balearic Islands. Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza and Formentera: there are four wonderful islands, each with a truly unique character. They share the beauty of the sea, the white sandy beaches and the great vitality of the inhabitants.
4. Saint-Barthélemy. those who choose St Barth to spend a holiday it does so for the crystalline sea, the beaches of fine white sand and for relaxation. The pride of the tiny island of Saint-Barthélemy is that it always enjoys good weather.
3. Sicily. In third place Sicily, a land rich in history and culture, a natural environment that offers different and special scenarios. All of Sicily is a world to discover: you go from San Vito lo Capo to Mondello, from Catania to Agrigento. Not to mention its equally wonderful archipelagos.
2. Greek islands. Speaking of Greek islands is very generic, there are 6.000 units, including all islets. A truly incredible variety, you pass from the heart of the Aegean where there is Crete, the largest of all the Greek islands Dodecanese, from the Cyclades to Ionian.
1. Maldives.This archipelago of the Indian Ocean wins the first place of the most beautiful islands in the world. It is made up of a group of natural atolls, made up of hundreds of islands, most of which are deserted.Capri Sicily