Among the many paradisiacal destinations that are present on the globe, Reunion Island certainly represents a splendid and magical place at the same time. Not surprisingly, there are hundreds of tourists who decide to visit the island to admire and be amazed by the natural beauty of the locality. Reunion seems to be a heavenly destination for the whole family, both adults and children. It is therefore necessary to better analyze the Reunion Island to discover in detail all the information relating to this tourist destination: here where is it, when to go and what to see.
- Travel informed: useful information
- Where it is
- When to go? Info on climate and best time
- What to see and what to do: beaches and places of interest
- How much does a holiday in Reunion cost? Prices, offers and advice
- User questions and comments
- Request a personalized quote
Travel informed: useful information
- Inhabitants: 833.944
- Capital: Saint-Denis
- Languages: French
- Local currency: Euro (€ 1,00 = € 1,00)
- Weather: tropical climate with medium-high temperatures
- vaccinations: yellow fever only for those coming from countries subject to risk
- Entry requirements: passport, return ticket
- Travel / health insurance: recommended.
Where it is
The Reunion island, also known by the Italian name of Reunion, is located opposite Madagascar. From a geographical point of view therefore, the island is part of the African continent. However, from a political point of view, the territory belongs to France and it is not by chance that the official language is French.
How to reach us
- From the main European capitals: as it is well understood, the main European capital from which to start to reach the territory is Paris. To reach Reunion Island, you must take the direct flight operated by Air France
When to go? Info on climate and best time
- Weather: The climate is tropical, for this reason the average temperatures are generally medium-high even if on the heights of the island the temperatures can even reach below zero in some periods. Average rainfall in a calendar year is 119 days / 1660 mm. The sea temperature has an average of 23/24 ° degrees.
- Best time: from May to November and is defined as the dry season. During this period the temperatures are spring, the rains decrease and the heat is not suffocating on the island.
- Period to avoid: from December to April. This period is called the wet season and involves an increase in rainfall and storms. Generally this season there is also a high risk of cyclones or tornadoes that can affect the area.
- Advice: Reunion is a sometimes wild territory, where dense vegetation reigns supreme. For this reason, it is good to pack light and spring clothes that adapt to the climate. At the same time it is advisable to wear comfortable shoes that do not tire the foot. Insect and mosquito repellents are also recommended.
What to see and what to do: beaches and places of interest
- St Denis: the capital of this island is definitely a place to visit. It is a very active cultural center that contains various points of reference. Among these it is worth mentioning the Brasseries de Bourbon historic factory of a well-known beer.
- Saint Paul: a lively and lively town. A place to visit to immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the place, fascinating and mysterious at the same time. One of the places that you will hardly forget when you return from your trip.
- Snape de la Fournaise: a majestic active volcano, a true symbol of the French island. Today it is possible to make dedicated excursions to visit the giant, an activity not to be missed for the adventurous and lovers of hiking.
- Maido: viewpoint of the Reunion island. This wonderful place overlooks a green and luxuriant vegetation. The panorama offered represents the classic example of a spectacle of nature.
- Bebour-Belouve: locality located in the center of the island. It is a real paradise for hikers, a wild forest with a mysterious atmosphere. Exploring this place it is possible to admire the local flora and fauna.
- Saint-Pierre: town located on the south coast of the island of Reunion. This location is very popular with water sports enthusiasts as there are activities such as surfing or windsurfing on the coast.
- Circus of Mafate: a volcanic caldera where green and luxuriant vegetation now resides. A place that seems unspoiled, which can be explored thanks to excursions or trips organized by local guides.
- Saint-Leu: it is the place to visit for lovers of the sea and the beach. The sand found in this place is soft and clean. Those who want to enjoy the Reunion sea must include this stage in their itinerary.
How much does a holiday in Reunion cost? Prices, offers and advice
As you can guess, a trip to Reunion is not very cheap. However, compared to other exotic destinations, the total cost of a holiday on the French island is all in all low. A couple who wants to buy a medium-high quality Flight + Accommodation package will have to spend between 2.000,00 and 3.000,00 euros per person to reach the location. However, the price can decrease if you decide to stay in the local Guesthouse, typical apartments that are rented to tourists visiting the beautiful island. The price of the excursions is also medium-high since the official currency of the territory is the euro. However, if you pay attention to your choices it is possible not to spend much, perhaps by carefully evaluating their decisions regarding catering and travel.
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 39,00 per room -
- starting from € 648,00 -
- Return flight + stay 15 days / 14 nights in 3-star hotel or b & b starting from € 1.182,00 -
- Custom quote: to request a personalized quote