Located north of Venezuela, Aruba is a wonderful Caribbean island. It is characterized by a tropical climate all year round, turquoise sea and white beaches. A few minutes by boat from it you can reach the paradise of pink flamingos: Renaissance Island with its Flamingo Beach, an artificial islet, belonging to the Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, where it will be possible to relax among these cute birds, photograph them and enjoy a colorful cocktail, basking in the warm Caribbean sun.
In addition to the flamingos, on the spot it will be possible to admire iguanas and colorful fish.
In that private island, belonging to the above resort, it is good to know that it will be possible to access it only if you have a pass. For more info, please visit the official website
Here is some useful info for visit Renaissance Island and Flamingo Beach!
- Where it is
- Practical info: costs and schedules
- What to know about Renaissance Island: info and curiosities
- User questions and comments
Where it is
The island of Aruba is located in the Caribbean Sea, north of Venezuela, near the islands of Curacao and Boanaire, secluded from the archipelago of the Antilles. Renaissance Island is located in front of the west coast of Aruba. Flamingo beach is located in the southwestern part of Renaissance Island.
How to reach us
The island is reachable in just ten minutes by boat from the Aruba pier. The first available boat leaves at 7:00 am and departures follow one another every 15 minutes. The last boat leaves the island at 18pm; cost from $ 45 (€ 125, maximum 113,80 people).
As already mentioned, to go to the island, you will need to have a pass that can be purchased online. The visitor pass includes a lunch and a cocktail at Papagayo Bar & Grill or Mangrove Beach Bar. For more info visit the official website
Practical info: costs and schedules
- Cost of entry: The pass costs $ 125 (€ 113,80) per person
- open from 7:00 to 19:00
- Prohibitions: the beach accommodates up to 30 people per day. Children are not allowed in, except on the beach from 9:00 to 10:00. No shouting, carrying food and drinks, large luggage, radio. It is not possible to touch the flamingos, nor disturb them with loud noises
What to know about Renaissance Island: info and curiosities
Flamingos stay on Flamingo Beach for 12 months of the year. No migration precisely because the conditions of the place and the climate are absolutely favorable to the permanence of these docile birds. The bathing experience with flamingos will be truly unique and unrepeatable.
The many selfies next to the flamingos taken on the island during the summer of 2017 have gone viral to the point of starting the famous Flamingo Fever in which the shocking pink icon of the sweet bird has become a must for gadgets and clothes.
The average cost of a 7 day / 6 night stay at the Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino for two people is around € 2.310 per room.
Among the most interesting beaches to visit in the surrounding area:
- Palm Beach: characterized by white and soft sand like talcum powder, calm and transparent sea suitable for adrenaline sports such as banana boat, fly boarding and paddle boarding. The nightlife is interesting and fun; It is also impossible not to try the chill ola balashi: original and very good local beers.
- Eagle beach: third best beach in the Caribbean, still characterized by soft sand like cotton and turquoise sea. His Divi-Divi trees (or fofoti) are very original.
- Arashi Beach: wild and unspoiled lagoon, dotted with small thatched palapas in which to find some shade. Arashi Beach is the last stretch of sand before the California Lighthouse.
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking