Europe is full of cities of art, seas, lakes but also of wonderful gardens: some of them for their particular beauty and for the tranquility they offer every year millions of visitors, also from other countries. Almost all European capitals are full of beautiful green spaces that leave you speechless and act as a relaxation area: let's discover the Top 20 of the most beautiful gardens in Europe!
20 - English Garden of the Royal Palace of Caserta - Italy
Beautiful garden located inside the Park of the Royal Palace of Caserta, one of the most beautiful attractions in all of Campania. Commissioned by Queen Maria Carolina of Austria, in the intentions of the Reale this was to become the most beautiful garden in Europe.
In the grove defined "Maze"there is a suggestive pond of water lilies, but the wonders do not stop: there is also a cryptoporticus, fake Roman ruin. The park and gardens are open at fixed times which vary according to the time of year.
- Cost of the Palace + Gardens ticket: € 12,00 (€ 6,00 reduced)
- Address: Viale Douhet, 2 / a - 81100 Caserta (Italy)
19 - Kew Gardens, London - United Kingdom
These gardens, whose original name is Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, are located 10 km southwest of London and are born on the origins of Kew House created by Lord Capel of Tewkesbury.
They were later expanded to the current size of 130 hectares.
- Cost of entry: £ 16, with free guided tours every day
- Address: Richmond TW9 3AB (UK)
18 - Eden Project, Cornwall - United Kingdom
Let's stay in England, moving to Cornwall: here is the beautiful garden and Eden Project botanical tourist complex, registered in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The garden hosts two of the largest biospheres in the worldOver 100.000 plants from all continents.
- Cost of entry: £ 25, open daily from 10am to 16pm
- Address: Bodelva, Par PL24 2SG (UK)
17 - Schonbrunn Castle Garden, Vienna - Austria
One of the most popular tourist destinations in Austria is the Schonbrunn Palace Garden, imperial palace where the royal family lived in the Austro-Hungarian period.
- Cost of entry: from € 14,00 upwards, depending on the tour chosen. Open from 6.30am to 19pm from September to October, and from 6.30am to 17pm from October to February.
- Address: Schönbrunner Schloßstraße 47, 1130 Wien (Austria).
16 - Kylemore Abbey Garden, Connemara - Ireland
We move further north to Ireland, to admire the gardens of'Kylemore Abbey founded in 1867 by the Benedictine nuns. The beautiful Victorian gardens they are enclosed by walls and have been arranged thanks to donations.
- Cost of entry: € 13,00, open every day from 9 to 17
- Address: Kylemore, Pollacappul, Connemara, Co. Galway (Ireland).
15 - Campo Grande, Valladolid - Spain
Large public park located at center of the city of Valladolid, in Spain. From the triangular shape, it develops on 11 and a half hectares and has very ancient origins: even at the end of the th century. It is home to many bird species.
- Cost of entry: free, open every day until 22pm
- Address: Paseo de Zorrilla, s / n, 47007 Valladolid (Spain)
14 - Claude Monet's Gardens, Giverny - France
Claude Monet loved art and nature, this is known. His house and gardens in Giverny, in Upper Normandy deserve a visit: the gardens are full of roses wrapped along the arches, colorful tulips and even a aquatic garden.
- Cost of entry: € 9,50 house + gardens
- Address: Rue Claude Monet, 84 - 27620 Giverny (France)
13 - Villandry Castle Gardens, Loire Valley - France
We stay in France to show you the gardens of the Château de Villandry. The castle is in fact known for its own 6 beautiful gardens: the set is inscribed in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Cost of entry: € 10,00, open all year from 9am to 17pm, 18pm, 19pm (depending on the time of year)
- Address: 3 Rue Principale - 37510 Villandry (France)
12 - Gardens of the Arcen Castle - The Netherlands
The gardens of Arcen Castle in the Netherlands take us to a fairy world. The green is spread over a plot of 32 hectares, with 15 gardens all different from each other, such as the Rose Garden, the Oriental Water Garden or the Lommerrijk.
- Cost of entry: € 14,50 adult day pass, open every day from 10 to 18
- Address: Lingsforterweg 26, 5944 BE Arcen (The Netherlands)
11 - Generalife Gardens, Granada - Spain
To the right of the Alhambra fortress in Granada (Spain) there is the villa and the splendid gardens of the Generalife, an ancient rural residence of the emirs of the Nazari dynasty and for over 30 years a Unesco World Heritage Site. The gardens are rich in Water games, reflections of light, roses, carnations, palms, cypresses.
- Cost of entry: € 7,00, open from November to February from 8.30 to 18
- Address: 18009 Granada, Province of Granada (Spain)
10 - The Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle, Merano - Italy
In Merano, in the province of Bolzano, there are the marvelous gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle, with a total area of 12 hectares. Exotic and Mediterranean landscapes e breathtaking views on the surrounding mountains make this place very suggestive.
- Cost of entry: € 13,00 adults, opening at 9, variable closing depending on the month
- Address: Via S. Valentino, 51 / A - 39012 Merano (BZ)
9 - Garden of Ninfa, Latina - Italy
Another splendid garden of our house, considered Natural Monument. It is a typical English garden built in 1921 on the ashes of the disappeared medieval town of Ninfa.
- Cost of entry: € 12,00 full, free under 11 years. Open from 9 to 12, afternoon from 14 with closing at 16, 18 or 18:30 depending on the season
- Address: Via Provinciale Ninfina, 68 - 04012 Cisterna di Latina (LT)
8 - Monte Palace Tropical Garden, Madeira - Portugal
We move to Portugal, Madeira to be exact, where this wonderful garden stretches out on the splendid Monte hill. You can find one great variety of exotic flowers.
- Cost of entry: € 12,50 adults, open from 9.30 to 18
- Address: Caminho do Monte, 174 - 9050-288 Funchal (Portugal)
7 - Boboli Gardens, Florence - Italy
Anyone who has been to Florence will have impressed the Boboli Gardens, historic city park born as the Grand Ducal garden of Palazzo Pitti. It is a huge monumental park to be covered in at least 3 hours. Its origins date back to the 1300s.
- Cost of entry: € 13,75
- Address: Piazza Pitti, 1 - 50125 Florence
6 - Bodnant Garden, Conwy - Wales
Located in the county of Conwy, Wales, this garden was erected in 1874 and remained privately owned until 1949, when it was donated to the state.
- Cost of entry: £ 7,72 adults, £ 3,86 children, open February to November from 10am to 00pm
- Address: Tal-y-Cafn, near Colwyn Bay, Conwy, LL28 5RE, Wales
5 - Royal Gardens of Herrenhausen, Hanover - Germany
Germany enters our ranking by finishing in 5th place with the Royal Gardens of Herrenhausen, complex of 4 French gardens in the Baroque style designed starting in 1666. The first garden was commissioned by the Duchess Sofia of the Palatinate.
- Cost of entry: € 8,00
- Address: Herrenhäuser Str. 4 - 30419 Hannover (Germany)
4 - Gardens of the Manor of Eyrignac, Dordogne - France
France offers us the beautiful gardens of the manor of Eyrignac, designed in the th century to resemble those of Italian villas. In the th century they were adapted in an English style.
- Cost of entry: € 12,50 adults, open all year round with varying hours
- Address: 24590 Salignac-Eyvigues (France)
3 - Gardens of Villa d'Este, TiFlights - Italy
Italy enters the podium with the wonderful gardens of Villa d'Este in TiFlights, which surround the splendid house Unesco World Heritage. The garden is divided between terraces and slopes.
- Cost of entry: € 8,00, open every day with varying hours
- Address: Piazza Trento, 5 - 00019 TiFlights (Rome)
2 - Keukenhof Garden, Lisse - The Netherlands
Dutch botanical park about thirty kilometers from Amsterdam and considered one of the most beautiful parks in the world. The park includes many gardens and 4 large greenhouses. They are hosted over 7 million bulb flowers. The garden is obviously known for beautiful tulips.
- Cost of entry: € 16,00 adult, € 8,00 children, open from March to May
- Address: Stationsweg 166A, 2161 AM Lisse (The Netherlands)
1 - Gardens of the Palace of Versailles - France
The gardens, extended for 93 hectares, are located in the immense park that stretches over 715 hectares. It is easy to imagine court life, which echoes in every corner. The royal avenue was extended and the Grand Canal was excavated.
- Cost of entry: € 15,00, open every day from 8 to 18
- Address: Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles (France)
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking