Not many know the Perhentian Islands. However, these islands of Malaysia manage to offer exceptional beauties to their visitors. Both adults and children can find activities to enjoy with joy in these fantastic islands. Tourists who explore the place are amazed when they admire the points of interest that the islands can offer. There are even some who would never want to leave this enchanted place. Is the Perhentian Islands really worth visiting? It is necessary to find out by analyzing all the details that are known about these islands. Here where is it, when to go and what to see.
- Travel informed: useful information
- Where are
- When to go? Info on climate and best time
- Which island to go to?
- What to see and what to do: beaches and places of interest
- How much does a vacation in the Perhentian Islands cost? Prices, offers and advice
- User questions and comments
Travel informed: useful information
- Inhabitants: 2.000
- Capital: Perhentian Besar
- Languages: Malay, English
- Local currency: Malaysian Ringgit (€ 1,00 = MYR 4,69)
- Weather: tropical with high and humid temperatures
- vaccinations: no vaccination required
- Entry requirements: passport and return ticket
- Travel / health insurance: recommended.
The Perhentian Islands are located in Malaysia. Precisely, this archipelago is located in the area off the eastern coasts of the Asian territory. Even from a political point of view the islands belong to Malaysia in detail they are part of the federated state of Terengganu.
How to reach us
- From the main European capitals: Kuala Lumpur can be reached simply from Amsterdam through the KLM company. From there then it is necessary to follow the usual internal route up to Kota Bharu to get to the final destination.
When to go? Info on climate and best time
- Weather: it is tropical with very high temperatures and high humidity. The average temperature is 26 ° degrees. Rainfall is very common, especially in a certain part of the season. Not surprisingly, in a calendar year the average is 178 days / 2.940 mm. The sea temperature is warm enough for swimming during all months.
- Best time: from February to August. In this particular period the rains are reduced and the temperatures are pleasant and acceptable. In particular, the best month to visit the islands is February.
- Period to avoid: from September to January. In this period there are the so-called torrential rains that even lead to the closure of tourist accommodation.
- Advice: a good tip can be to bring in your suitcase everything that can remove humidity. To enjoy a comfortable vacation, it is important to stay fresh and well hydrated. Perhaps you also need to bring objects with which to relax and keep technology away, such as books or enigmatic pastimes.
Which island to go to?
The Perhentian Islands are an archipelago made up of several islands. However, there are 2 main islands that welcome tourists and turn out to be the main center for visitors who are preparing to visit the place:
- Perhentian Besar: also referred to as Perhentian Grande. As you can easily guess from the name, this island represents the largest emerged land of the Matese archipelago. This island is recommended for those who want to relax and enjoy the total comfort of a beach holiday, removing stress and daily routine.
- Perhentian Kecil: this island is defined instead as Perhentian Small. This island is slightly busier than its big sister. However, the nightlife is based on typical clubs that offer healthy fun to the rhythm of dances and shows. There are also several restaurants and many lounge bars on the island.
What to see and what to do: beaches and places of interest
- Turtle bay: this beach is located on the Perhentian Besar island and can be reached from 8:00 to 15:00. What can be found? White sand, palm trees and crystal clear sea: a true paradise.
- Tuna Bay: this bay instead turns out to be an ideal place to try your hand at snorkeling. The coral reef that protects the place is infested with numerous brightly colored marine animals.
- Romantic Beach: as you can already guess from the name, this beach is ideal for lovers looking for romance and relaxation from their vacation. It is located on the Perhentian Kecil Island.
- Myra Beach: in this beach it is possible to admire the fish swimming happily a few steps from the shore. Furthermore, it is surrounded by a vast forest with rich floral vegetation.
- D'Lagoon: in this place the watchword is relaxation. Multiple palm trees serve as natural shelters and overlook a small cove with a bottom full of crystals.
- Abdul Beach: a splendid beach that seems to have come out of some Caribbean advertisement. The blue water reflects the dense forest that surrounds the place and the white sand caresses your feet: it will be like living a dream.
- Long Beach: perhaps the one that can be considered as the most beautiful beach in the archipelago. Long Beach is very large and allows you to relax and ensure your own personal space of total comfort.
How much does a vacation in the Perhentian Islands cost? Prices, offers and advice
A holiday in the Perhentian Islands has a cost that falls within the medium-high range. What drives up the price of this holiday a lot is the cost of the flight. In fact, securing a flight to Malaysia often involves a large expense. However, the costs are deferred by the stay and life on the islands. In fact, usually people live a simple life and the Malaysian Ringgit, the local currency is much weaker than the Euro. Overall, therefore, you can face a holiday on the Perhentian Island by spending around 1.500 euros per person.
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 23,00 per room -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 720,00 per room -
- Return flight + stay 15 days / 14 nights in 3-star hotel or b & b starting from € 1.785,00 -
Most Interesting Articles
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking