Visit New York it is an experience that can take on many nuances: there are those who decide to explore it by subway from station to station, or those who prefer to walk it from top to bottom, enjoying the very special atmosphere of the great American metropolis, or even those who instead he prefers to get on a boat and observe the famous skyline with the lapping of the sea in the background, one step away from the Statue of Liberty and the Brooklyn Bridge ...
In short, in terms of tours, New York does not miss anything: after all, the great variety of attractions it offers (the different neighborhoods, the mighty skyscrapers, Central Park, the Statue of Liberty and so on) could not than generate a rich offer of organized tours.
But in this jungle of offers… how to orient yourself? What could be the most complete and original way to visit this great and elusive city? In this article we want to tell you about one of the most popular activities among tourists: the helicopter tour in New York.
- NYC Helicopter Tour: What to Expect?
- Other useful info ...
- How to book your helicopter tour in New York?
NYC Helicopter Tour: What to Expect?
Indeed, this type of tour would seem the best for those who want to get an idea of the grandeur of Manhattan by possessing, with the gaze from the sky, the whole immense expanse of New York. Helicopter tours like these give you the chance to see the city from one unprecedented perspective and exciting: in a matter of minutes, from your comfortable seat hundreds of meters high, you will have gazed across the Big Apple from head to bottom, from the Statue of Liberty to the George Washington Bridge.
Il helicopter tour in New York It provides:
- departure and return from Downtown Manhattan Heliport (near Wall Street)
- scenic flight of About 12-15 minutes
- window seat
- audio guide in Spanish (to check availability)
- extreme flexibility in the choice of take-off time.
During the helicopter ride, New York will present itself before your eyes in all its grandeur. Here are the attractions you will fly over:
- Statue of Liberty
- Ellis Island
- Governors Island
- Freedom tower
- 9/11 memorial
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Battery Park
- Financial District
- Empire State Building
- Chrysler Building
- Madison Square Garden
- Times Square
- U.S.S. Intrepid, Sea, Air, & Space Museum
- Central Park
- George washington bridge
- and so on…
Other useful info ...
Here is a series of information that you may find useful, should you decide to embark on your helicopter tour in New York.
- The tour price is approx 190 € per person (variable)
- In the price it is not included the heliport service fee (About $ 35 per person) to be paid upon check-in
- Flights take off from Monday to Saturday at the following times:
- Morning: 9:00 - 11:00
- Mid morning: 11:00 - 13:00
- Early afternoon: 13:00 - 15:00
- Late afternoon: 15:00 - 17:00
- You will receive confirmation when booking
- The tour is wheelchair accessible
- Seats vary based on helicopter capacity (4 or 6 passengers), depending on availability. It is therefore not a private flight.
- For reasons related to the aircraft's comfort, weight and balance, passengers weighing more than 113 kg will have to purchase an extra seat. Payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour. The maximum weight is 136 kg per passenger.
- Each passenger, including children, must present a identity document or passport
- As anticipated, the choice of the audio language is not guaranteed and depends on availability. If more than 2 languages are required on the same flight, the audio commentary may be provided in English
- For safety reasons, or for unfavorable weather conditions, the New York helicopter tour can be suspended
- They cannot be taken on the flight hand luggage or bags
- Cameras can be used on the helicopter, but only if they have passed the security control of the metal detector. Each passenger must undergo the check
How to book your helicopter tour in New York?
By clicking on the box below you can have any additional info on the tour and book your own helicopter tour in New York.
Info on the tour and booking
More helicopter tours in New York