If you are thinking of a New Year to pass under an umbrella with a swimsuit and sunglasses, then Miami is a destination to be seriously considered, not only for its sunny climate, elegant Art Deco buildings and beautiful palm-fringed beaches, but also for the context in which it is inserted: in other words, there is not only the classic New Year's Eve in New York but also a tropical alternative!
So let's talk about the now mythical Sunshine State, the State of the Sun, more commonly said Florida, a beautiful region full of wild and fascinating nature, charming towns, incredible amusement parks and perfect weather conditions for winter holidays.
For those who want to enjoy all these wonders, we recommend a 8-day travel package which includes visit and New Years in Miami with a tour of surrounding Florida attractions such as Key West, the Florida Keys, and Everglades National Park.
In addition, this tour gives the opportunity to discover Miami beyond its most immediate and stereotyped imagery: Miami in fact is not just sea, sun and beautiful beaches, the city has a particular and very interesting history, characterized by the coexistence of different cultures, traditions, ethnic groups and architectures. In addition to the splendid beaches, in fact, the guided tour of the city will give you the opportunity to discover Ocean Drive, the Art Deco district of South Beach, the skyscrapers of downtown Miami, the villas of Coral Gables, the Cuban atmosphere of Little Havana and much more. still…
But that's not all: in this article we also point out an interesting variant Florida Tour Self Drive + New Year's Eve (not in Miami but in Key West) which differs a little from the classic organized tours. Are you curious how it works? Read our detailed sheet at the bottom of the article!
- Option 1: Florida Tour with New Year's Eve in Miami
- The quota includes:
- The fee does not include:
- Travel program
- Option 2: Florida Self Drive Tour with New Year's Eve in Key West
- The fee includes
- The fee does not include
- Travel program
Option 1: Florida Tour with New Year's Eve in Miami
The trip is organized with a stay in Miami + two 1 day excursions with an Italian guide.
- Departure: 29 December 2018
- Return to Spain: 5 January 2019
- Duration: 8 days
- Price: 2290 €
The quota includes:
- 6 nights in hotel in double room and breakfast (with reductions for triple and quadruple)
- Round trip flights with taxes and transfers in the USA included (for flights not departing from Milan there is a surcharge)
- Airport / hotel transfer (with shuttle)
- Visits and excursions according to the travel program
- seen this
- Tax and service
- Medical insurance
- Services of a Spanish speaking guide during the visits
- Enter the national parks
- Everglades National Park Guided Airboat Tour
- Key West excursion
- On request it is possible to add extra nights to the tour and day trips to Orlando with a visit to a theme park of your choice between Disney World or Universal and a visit to the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral.
The fee does not include:
- Travel cancellation insurance (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Meals and drinks
- Entrance fees to sites not mentioned in the previous item
- All transfers to and from the airport in Spain
Here is the detailed itinerary of the entire tour:
- 29th December: Arrive in Miami. Private transfer to the hotel. Free dinner and overnight in Miami Beach.
- 30th December : Meeting with the Italian guide in the hotel lobby at 9.00 am for a 4-hour guided tour. The tour will take you to discover the many beauties of Miami, highlighting its history, its culture and its characteristic architecture. The afternoon is free. Overnight in Miami Beach.
- 31th December: Day dedicated to visiting the city and staying by the sea in complete freedom. Free lunches and dinners. The guide will give you targeted advice on how to spend the night New Year in Miami.
- 1st January: Free morning a Miami. In the afternoon, meeting at 14 pm at the hotel for a guided excursion in Spanish to the Everglades National Park, an amazing natural wonder where swamps and mangroves reign supreme. You will be able to enjoy this show in comfort thanks to an airboat ride (typical boat of the area) that will allow you to closely observe the fauna of the park (for example alligators and some of the 35 endangered species in their natural habitat). The tour will conclude with an alligator show before returning to the hotel in the evening. Overnight in Miami Beach.
- 2st January: Day entirely dedicated to visiting the splendid Key West. Departure in the morning at 7:00 am, aboard an air-conditioned minivan, leaving Miami behind towards the South, on the Overseas Highway, one of the most suggestive highways in America, which crosses 42 bridges that connect the 32 islands of the Florida Keys. The driver / guide will entertain you in Spanish speaking about this area and the islands you will cross. As you may have guessed, the journey itself is part of the vacation, allowing you to enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view of the Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico. You will have time to explore Key West and the most important sites, learn interesting stories and anecdotes about this unique island, once inhabited by pirates, and then become the favorite residence of many famous writers and artists (e.g. Ernest Hemingway). Arrival in Miami is expected in the late evening, with an overnight stay in Miami Beach.
- 3st January: Full day dedicated to staying on the beach and visiting the city in complete freedom. Free lunches and dinners. Overnight in Miami Beach.
- 4st January: Free morning. Transfer to the airport in the early afternoon for the return to Spain. Night in flight.
- 5st January: Arrival in Spain.
If you would like more information on this travel package, you can, without any obligation, request information by clicking on the button below:
Option 2: Florida Self Drive Tour with New Year's Eve in Key West
What's a self-drive tower? How is it different from a normal organized trip or from the classic package offered by agencies? This mode is a bit out of the ordinary, as it features a 10-day minibus trip for groups of up to 9 people with a Spanish tour leader: it's practically a trip between friends!
This particular formula is suitable for those who do not like organized bus tours and want to explore Florida independently with a minibus or rental car and with the invaluable help of a tour leader, who is neither a guide nor a driver but knows the itinerary and the locations included in the travel program well. For this reason, alternating driving the minibus is desirable but not mandatory.
The fee includes
- 8 nights in a 2/3 star hotel in a double room (there are reductions for triple and quadruple and single supplement)
- Medical / accident insurance with maximum € 250.000.
- seen this
- Guided Airboat Tour of the Everglades with Wildlife Show.
- Entrance to Disney World or Universal Studios
- Entrata al Kennedy Space Center che include anche Imax Movies, SpaceShuttle Atlantis e the Astronaut Hall of Fame.
- Round trip flight including taxes (max 1 stopover) from major Italian airports.
The fee does not include
- All meals (except some breakfasts)
- Optional excursions
- All the extras in general
- Transfers to and from the airport in Spain
- Practice opening fee (€ 25)
- Travel cancellation insurance (optional, € 145)
- Departure: 29 December 2018
- Return: January 7, 2019
- Price: 2990 euro per person
Day 1: arrival
Arrive in the early afternoon at Miami airport, where you will meet the tour leader and transfer to the hotel. The evening is free. Overnight in Miami.
Day 2: visit of Miami
In the morning, the first contact with the extraordinary atmosphere of Miami is expected: a visit to the “Art Decò District” with its 30s buildings is planned; then you will reach the pleasant gardens of Coral Gables, the artists' district of Coconut Grove and see the modernity of Downtown. Free afternoon and overnight in Miami.
Day 3: Florida Keys and Key West
You'll leave Miami behind to hit the road Overseas Highway, the scenic drive that runs through the Florida Keys. After crossing the 42 bridges of the Highway, you arrive in Key West, the city in the southernmost tip of the United States, made known by Ernest Hemingway who lived here. Do not miss the sunset in Mallory Square, after you have fully experienced the unique, vaguely Caribbean atmosphere of this town during the day. Overnight in Key West.
Day 4: Everglades National Park
A completely different stage today: we will enter the wild heart of Everglades National Park, an immense swamp studded with mangroves and inhabited by numerous animal species that you will surely never have met, first of all the alligators: you will take an airboat tour to get to know the incredible natural context of this reserve up close. In the afternoon drive to Naples, on the west coast of Florida. Overnight in Naples.
Day 5: Naples
Breakfast. After such an adventurous day, today is instead full of fun and relaxation, in the way you prefer: you can spend it in the pool or, why not, on the beaches of Naples and Marco Island, soaking in the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Overnight in Naples.
Day 6: Sanibel and Sarasota
Day trip by road from Naples to Orlando, where all your hunger for fun will be satisfied. However, a real on the road is not a simple shift from A to B: during the journey there is a stage a Sanibel, which, with its splendid carpet of shells, presents itself as one of the most beautiful beaches in Florida. Before arriving in Orlando, there is time to visit Sarasota, a tourist city with museums and botanical gardens, but above all beaches to explore. Overnight in Orlando.
Day 7: Orlando
As anticipated, a day to be spent entirely in the entertainment capital of Florida: Orlando. You can optionally choose between the various Disney World theme parks or go directly to the discovery of Universal Orlando, a real branch of Hollywood Studios. Overnight in Orlando.
Day 8: Cape Canaveral
The eighth day of your self drive tour in Florida will take you to a place that is nothing short of space: the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, to discover the NASA astronaut base, one of the most famous in the world. Legendary space missions started from here, not least Apollo and Gemini. The tour includes the viewing of a documentary film on Imax screen that will take you directly into space. Overnight in Miami.
Days 9-10: Miami and back home
On the day of the Epiphany, the journey comes to an end: the transfer from the hotel to the Miami airport awaits you for the night flight that will take you back to Spain the next day (January 7).