Bursting, dynamic and full of trendy clubs, Prague is the ideal city for young people who want to spend a New Year in a group on a budget. Accessible by various means of transport, the capital of the Czech Republic will captivate you with its countless fireworks displays, with its "wild" discos and with the goliardic toasts in the square, flooded by rivers of delicious local beer.
- Plan New Year's Eve in Prague: flight + hotel and tour offers
- What to do on New Year's Eve: program and events
- Climate and useful info
- User questions and comments
Covid-19 emergency: events, concerts and demonstrations could undergo last-minute changes due to the Coronavirus pandemic. We recommend that you inform yourself well about the situation of the destination you intend to visit before departure. If you are planning a trip, follow government guidelines and make sure you are in line with safety measures.
Plan New Year's Eve in Prague: flight + hotel and tour offers
Reaching and staying in Prague for a small fee is possible. Many airlines offer direct flights to the Czech metropolis, which depart from the Roman and Milanese airports. THE flight + hotel packages start from a minimum of € 325,00 per person. The key to enjoying the low-cost trip is, as always, book in advance, perhaps by relying on expert tour operators or by resorting to the main online search engines.
New Year's Eve offers in Prague: Flight + 4 nights in Hotel
- Return flight Rome - Prague from € 195,00 -
- 4 nights in Prague from € 390,00 -
- Flight + hotel package:
Return flight + 4 nights / 5 days in 3/4 star hotel - from € 585,00 per person - see the offer
Unmissable tours and activities
What to do on New Year's Eve: program and events
A young capital like Prague can only live a busy New Year's Eve, full of lights, Christmas markets, kiosks and ... fireworks. The inhabitants of the city are true fans of the fireworks, which "stage" even before midnight, attracting crowds of onlookers and tourists to say the least ecstatic.
1 - Concert and market on Wenceslas Square
Every street and every square of the city, in the most magical night between the old and the new year, is filled with people, attracted by the evergreen Christmas markets and kiosks where you can eat typical Prague specialties, toasting with the locals. Among all the "hot" areas of Prague, Wenceslas Square is undoubtedly the most popular. Reachable by metro in 11 minutes (yellow line B from Můstek station), the heart of central Prague starts greeting the old year well in advance. The celebrations start in the evening, with the live music concert and the inevitable pyrotechnic shows, offered by the Czechs even before midnight.
2 - Cruise on the Vltava
Raise your hand who, at least once in their life, has not dreamed of toast to the beginning of the new year aboard a boat, enjoying the breathtaking view of the festively lit city. In Prague this dream could come true if you book the tour on the Vltava, enjoying a dinner lulled by the current of the river, dancing and singing until midnight and beyond! For more information, here you can book the package that best suits your needs.
3 - End of year show at the Royal Theater
For lovers of theater and spectacular culture, Prague places a more unique than rare opportunity on the tray: attending the classic New Year's show held, as every year, at the prestigious cine-theater of Royal "deco" inspiration. Just board the 135 bus from the Florence stop, in less than a quarter of an hour, you will reach your destination. For more information on the scheduled shows just visit the Royal website.
The best clubs for young people, clubs and discos for New Year's Eve
- Radost FX Club - bar and night club. Belehradska 234/120 - Get directions
- Hard Rock Cafè - restaurant-pub. Male namesti 142/3 - Dum U Rotta - Get directions
- Le Valmont Club & Lounge - nightclub. Uhelny trh 414/9 - Get directions
Climate and useful info
- Weather: The climate is basically rainy / snowy, temperatures fluctuate between a minimum of -3 ° C and a maximum of 2 ° C - more info on the climate of Prague
- Prague Václav Havelè International Airport is just 20km from the city, connected to the center by Express Bus.
- Getting around: the public transport system includes buses, metro and trams. The ticket is unique for all means. The 30-minute ride costs € 0,90 (24 crowns), the 90-minute ride € 1,30 (32 crowns), the day pass € 4,00 (110 crowns).
- Useful passes and cards: The Prague Card is particularly recommended, which includes a free guided tour of the city lasting 2 hours and free, skip-the-line access to several city museums.
- Average cost for New Year's Eve dinner: between € 25,00 and € 50,00 per person