Paris is not alone the city of lovers and romance, it is also the capital of the ephemeral, shopping and fashion. It is full of night clubs and museums of international importance. If you have decided to celebrate new year in Paris you could think of spending the evening with your family or in the company of your partner, or choose to mix with the crowd and celebrate New Year's Eve on the streets of the French capital. In Paris the opportunities to greet the new year with dignity are wasted, you will be spoiled for choice!
- Plan New Year's Eve in Paris: flight + hotel and tour offers
- What to do on New Year's Eve: program and events
- Climate and useful info
- User questions and comments
Covid-19 emergency: events, concerts and demonstrations could undergo last-minute changes due to the Coronavirus pandemic. We recommend that you inform yourself well about the situation of the destination you intend to visit before departure. If you are planning a trip, follow government guidelines and make sure you are in line with safety measures.
Plan New Year's Eve in Paris: flight + hotel and tour offers
As at any other time of the year, the costs for a downtown hotel can be prohibitive, during this time the prices are further inflated. Our advice is therefore to choose a hotel located in slightly outlying areas, but perhaps near a bus stop or a subway station. Parisian public transport is quite efficient and its operation is guaranteed even on holidays, until late at night.
New Year's Eve Offers in Paris: Flight + 4 nights in Hotel
- Return Rome - Paris from € 183,00 -
- 4 nights in Paris from € 548,00 -
- Flight + hotel package:
Return flight + 4 nights / 5 days in 3/4 star hotel - from € 731,00 per person - see the offer
Unmissable tours and activities
What to do on New Year's Eve: program and events
It is tradition, in Paris, to go down the streets and squares after the dinner to exchange greetings and celebrate in company. The scenery is dreamlike, with shop windows adorned with garlands and luminous decorations, trees and avenues decorated with the characteristic Christmas lights. The options to welcome the new year with dignity, however, are not limited to the celebrations on the street, so we have selected three excellent alternatives for all tastes.
1 - Paris in the square: Champs-Élysées
Il New Year's Eve in the square in Paris, is a sparkling and fun party, to be spent alongside many French people but also surrounded by people from all over the world. At the Champs-Élysées, the big party starts as early as 21pm: our advice is to arrive a little before 21pm, perhaps already in the late afternoon, in order to avoid the worst crowds and to take advantage of the free metro openings, from 17pm on December 31st and from 12pm on January st. We remember that all subway lines remain in service all night. The fixed program of recent years, organized by the City, is a magical festival that revolves around one of the most beautiful monuments in Paris, the Arc de Triomphe. Starting from 23pm, until 1am, you can attend an unmissable show that includes light games and video projections, all completely free. The evening also includes the great new year parade with floats, brass bands and animations across the Champs-Elysées, on stage from 13pm to 18pm on January 1st.
2 - New Year's Eve on the Seine
If you have chosen Paris to celebrate the New Year but you want avoid the crowds in the squares and clubs, you can choose a romantic dinner cruise on the Seine, on one of the many Bateaux Mouches. This solution is particularly suitable for couples, who will have the opportunity to participate in a traveling party around the city with excellent food, champagne and the company of the special person. The boats that offer this possibility are managed by the Bateaux-Mouches company, the program includes dinner, with a classical musical atmosphere, and return at 2 am for a total of € 390,00 per person. The meeting point for the departure is at Pont de l'Alma 32, Port de la Conférence (Rive Droite), at least one hour before departure, which is at 20.30pm. To get to the boarding point, you can take metro 9 and get off at the Alma-Marceau stop, or bus 63 and get off at Jean Nicot - Eglise Americaine.
3 - Parisian cabaret evening
New Year's Eve at the Moulin Rouge, located on Boulevard de Clichy at number 82, offers a program that provides Revue Féerie dinner and show starting at 21 pm. Accompanied by the Moulin Rouge Orchestra, your dinner will be followed by the declaration of wishes and the show. The evening does not end here! Starting from 2 am the dancing event "Cotillons" will begin with DJ sets. The program is tempting but the rate is not exactly cheap: if you can find a free seat, it will cost you € 680,00.
The best clubs for young people, clubs and discos for New Year's Eve
- Nouveau Casino - nightclub, 109 Rue Oberkampf, Get Directions - Website
- Les Planches - night club, 40 Rue du Colisée, Get Directions - Website
- La Bellevilloise - club, 21 Rue Boyer, Get Directions - Website
Climate and useful info
- Weather: The climate is basically rainy and the average temperatures fluctuate between a minimum of 3 ° C and a maximum of 8 ° C. The recommended clothing is therefore typical winter and heavy clothing, possibly waterproof, especially with regard to jacket and shoes - find out more about the climate in Paris
- Paris is served by 3 airports; Charles de Gaulle which is located about 25 km north-east from the center; Orly which is about 15 km to the south, and Beauvais Tillé about 88 km to the south. Rome-Paris flights last approximately 2 hours.
- Getting around: We therefore recommend using efficient public transport, in particular the subway, always moving at least an hour in advance. Avoid taxis, which are expensive and difficult to use due to the great demand.
- Useful passes and cards: To save on transport, we recommend purchasing the Paris Passlib card which includes all city transport, including boats on the Seine.
- Average cost for New Year's Eve dinner: If you intend to spend New Year's Eve in a club, take into account an average cost, per person, of at least € 250,00.