Celebrating the arrival of the new year in London is one of the most exciting experiences you can have, one of the most beautiful ways to wait for the new year. Every time, with friends or family, the time comes to ask yourself the big question: what do we do on New Year's Eve? If you are among those who have not yet experienced the countdown along the banks of the Thames, you might consider choosing London as a destination to experience a Unique and fun New Year. Not to be missed are the fantastic ones New Year's Eve fireworks display, but in this European capital there is really much more!
- Plan New Year's Eve in London: flight + hotel and tour offers
- What to do on New Year's Eve: program and events
- Climate and useful info
- User questions and comments
Covid-19 emergency: events, concerts and demonstrations could undergo last-minute changes due to the Coronavirus pandemic. We recommend that you inform yourself well about the situation of the destination you intend to visit before departure. If you are planning a trip, follow government guidelines and make sure you are in line with safety measures.
Plan New Year's Eve in London: flight + hotel and tour offers
There are solutions with scheduled and low cost flights, the secret is to book well in advance and be quite flexible with dates and times. All airports, regardless of their distance from the center, offer convenient alternatives to reach the areas most frequented by tourists and where the celebrations for the new year take place.
London is quite expensive, especially as regards the overnight stay. You can then look for and choose an accommodation far from the center that is near a metro station. If you can also avoid including breakfast at the hotel in your reservation, you can take advantage of the myriad of bars and cafes in the city. Young people can choose, for example, the area of Camden Town and North London. Those who prefer to be close to the main points of interest and the area where the end of year fireworks show takes place, we recommend the South Bank or West End area.
New Year's Eve Offers in London: Flight + 4 nights in Hotel
- Return flight from € 140,00 -
- 4 nights in London from € 480,00 -
- Flight + hotel package:
Return flight + 4 nights / 5 days in 3/4 star hotel from 30 December to 3 January - from € 530,00 per person - see the offer
Unmissable tours and activities
What to do on New Year's Eve: program and events
New Year's Eve in London is one of the most grandiose and exciting events in all of Europe, especially thanks to the spectacle of fireworks near Big Ben and the London Eye. But that's not all: in the British capital there are many ways to celebrate the arrival of the new year, thanks to events for all tastes.
1 - New Year's Eve on the street on the banks of the Thames
One of the most spectacular New Years in the world. The sensational party, attended by hundreds of thousands of people, will be held in the heart of the capital. On the Shard, the tallest skyscraper in Europe, a large bright display that will mark the countdown, Big Ben will take care of ringing the first 12 strokes of the new year. It is essential to know that the whole area affected by the New Year's Eve celebrations will be delimited andadmission fee. The restriction, in addition to ensuring greater safety, allows the presence of the public to be limited to 100 people.
To reach the area, you can easily use public transport: buses and subways are free from 23.45 pm on December 31st and until 4.30 am on January 1st. We recommend arriving at the venue well in advance. On December 31st Westminster, St James's Park and Embankment stations are closed as early as 21pm.
2 - London Showboat New Year's Eve Dinner & Dance Cruise
If the crowd bothers you or you fear for your safety, you can opt for a splendid cruise on the Thames. The London Showboat New Year's Eve Dinner & Dance Cruise operates the London - Greenwich route and back. The evening begins at 20.45 pm with boarding from Westminster Pier. You will be greeted by a welcome drink and you can sit at your table, where you will be served a 5-course dinner with water and wine included. On board there will be a background musical accompaniment and subsequent music to let loose and dance. The midnight toast, based on champagne, will take place near Big Ben to allow passengers to watch the fireworks display. The cost of the evening is not cheap at all, the price per person starts from 349 Pounds!
3 - New Year's Eve in Trafalgar Square
A less inflated location than the banks of the Thames, but Trafalgar Square also offers a big party, with a multicultural character. A large Christmas tree donated by Norway is installed every year at the square. Right in the shade of this fir a big party takes place that transforms the square into a real open-air disco, since 1947. The everything is completely free, the "price" to pay is obviously to have a lot of patience and try to reach the location making your way through the crowd. Trafalgar Square can also be a great starting point if you want to continue the evening in the city center.
The best clubs for young people, clubs and discos for New Year's Eve
- Ministry of Sound - nightclub, 103 Gaunt St - Get directions
- Heaven - gay club, 17 Villiers St - Get directions
- Koko - music venue, 1A Camden High St, Kings Cross - Get directions
Climate and useful info
- Weather: rainy but not too cold, the minimum temperatures are close to 3 ° C, the maximums are around 8 ° C. Rain gear is recommended (bring an umbrella or raincoat) - more info on London weather.
- the main airports are Heathrow which is 24 km from the center and Gatwick which is 48 km. The other airports are London City at 10 km, Stansted at 56 km and Luton at 50 km. Served by direct flights (2,5 hours) or with stopover (about 4,5 hours)
- Getting around: London's public transport network is one of the best in the world, but we suggest you consult the city traffic website to be updated on any closures of some underground stations or on the impossibility of reaching certain bus stops as they are located in areas closed to traffic. To save on transport we recommend the purchase of the London Pass.
- Useful passes and cards: To save money, we strongly recommend the purchase of the London Pass + Oyster Card, which together offer admission to over 80 attractions and free use of transport.
- Average cost for New Year's Eve dinner: around € 150,00 per person for a good restaurant
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking